Jets Tried Out Offensive Linemen

joewilly12

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Thanks for posting.  This bodes well for your team when the GM seems to know what the fans know too.   In this case, manpower for the o-line is much needed.  Jets have marginal starters and zero depth.  

Zero depth?

We played sunday with backups at center and both guard spots, and then lost our RT in game, and yet the line played well.

There isnt much talent here, and the team made mistakes with Kahil, Osmele and in my opinion winters, but having Harrison and Compton to come in and play well is pretty good depth in the NFL.

We dont have much at center if Harrison were to get hurt, so Id like to see us sign Bodine just in case.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Zero depth?

We played sunday with backups at center and both guard spots, and then lost our RT in game, and yet the line played well.

There isnt much talent here, and the team made mistakes with Kahil, Osmele and in my opinion winters, but having Harrison and Compton to come in and play well is pretty good depth in the NFL.

We dont have much at center if Harrison were to get hurt, so Id like to see us sign Bodine just in case.

Lewis and Compton played well.  Better than Winters and Kalil who are both gone and were both gone when I wrote the post above.  Who do you see now backing up Lewis and Compton ???

• Upvote 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

Lewis and Compton played well.  Better than Winters and Kalil who are both gone and were both gone when I wrote the post above.  Who do you see now backing up Lewis and Compton ???

I have no idea who is backing them up now, but what team can lose a center and both guards, and still have depth behind the 2 guys who come in?  Teams dont have 5 viable interior linemen

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I have no idea who is backing them up now, but what team can lose a center and both guards, and still have depth behind the 2 guys who come in?  Teams dont have 5 viable interior linemen

Exactly.... No depth *now*.  Remember, Kalil and Winters are no longer on the roster. 

Lewis, Harrison and Compton are their defacto starters on the interior line. Right now ZERO back-up

The tackles are Beachum and Edoga - backed up by Shell and McDermot. 

Need some back-up on the inside of the line.  I don't know much about McDermot, but I think in case of emergency, Edoga can play on the inside and Shell can play on the outside if Edoga has to kick inside

18 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Thanks for posting.  This bodes well for your team when the GM seems to know what the fans know too.   In this case, manpower for the o-line is much needed.  Jets have marginal starters and zero depth.  

not helping that we are down to backups that even keep getting hurt. The only original starter out there is Beachem though to me Harrison is and was always a better starter than Kalil. We have solidarity with him that Kalil wasn't able to provide. Heck Kalil was probably not hurt any worse then the year or two Mangold was hurt that we held out for him to heal and come back. Jets figured lets just end this experiment that has gone bad before we get Darnold hurt or keep losing.

17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Exactly.... No depth *now*.  Remember, Kalil and Winters are no longer on the roster. 

Lewis, Harrison and Compton are their defacto starters on the interior line. Right now ZERO back-up

The tackles are Beachum and Edoga - backed up by Shell and McDermot. 

Need some back-up on the inside of the line.  I don't know much about McDermot, but I think in case of emergency, Edoga can play on the inside and Shell can play on the outside if Edoga has to kick inside

Shell is a much better RT than Edoga. Maybe Edoga could become a decent replacement for Winters.

11 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Shell is a much better RT than Edoga. Maybe Edoga could become a decent replacement for Winters.

Agree 100 %.  IMHO, Edoga's destiny will be guard and not tackle.  We saw him get beat around the edge last week and a number of times prior.  He's got no feet... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Agree 100 %.  IMHO, Edoga's destiny will be guard and not tackle.  We saw him get beat around the edge last week and a number of times prior.  He's got no feet... 

Edoga needs to get in the weight room and get stronger. Also add about 15 more pounds to his frame. He gets bullrushed too easily he's so light in the a$$.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Released today by the Atlanta Falcons 

COY183645.png

Anthony Coyle  # OT

Atlanta Falcons | Official Team Site

Height: 6-4   Weight: 298   Age: 23

Born: 9/19/1996 Staten Island , NY 

College: Fordham

Experience: 1st season 

High School: Tottenville HS 

Jets need to stay away from bum olinemen, they have enough already. We need 1st and 2nd rounders.

Edoga shouldn't have played this season. He was always going to be a project. I liked the pick but feel he's been rushed into a terrible situation.

As atrocious as Kalil turned out to be it's at least an indicator that Douglas is very aware of the issue and willing to deal with it. The blind eye Mac turned towards the OL was downright criminal and his predecessor was no better. The unit has been left to rot. 

• Upvote 1