Sam Darnold on Redskins game & reports he talked to Gase about the offense

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

Now, instead of teaching, they could build and sculpt.

This This This This right here I Hope is exactly where Darnold and Gase are at now like Payton and Brees, build it together from the ground up, and expanding every week, year, and hopefully decade together building the offensive playbook/concepts/schemes as one.

Also hella thanks for posting the printed word version.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

LANDOVER, Md — Sam Darnold burst into Adam Gase’s office three weeks ago, cheeks beet red. He had something he needed to say, but he wasn’t sure how to express it or how it would be received.

The Jets were losing, and Darnold was struggling. This offense, supposedly coached in the direction football was going, was stuck in reverse. Darnold had enough and had kept quiet far too long. So he sat his coach down. He requested they go over the playbook.

Darnold told Gase precisely what he liked, then what he didn’t. He went over the plays and concepts he felt his teammates ran effectively and those they needed to throw out. He was open. He was honest. And when he was done, he looked like a kid who stood up to his Dad for the first time.

Gase, seated across the desk, smiled at his 22-year-old quarterback.

“It’s about damn time,” he said.

thingsthatdefinitelyhappened.txt

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

Gase, seated across the desk, smiled at his 22-year-old quarterback.

“It’s about damn time,” he said.

Ugh.

Ugh

If this doesn’t reek like some in-over-his-head manager setting up the narrative that he orchestrated all of this... Not gonna lie, Gase hits all my triggers in terms of sh*tty, smarmy “take-credit” leadership tactics. Reminds me far too much of guys I’ve work for. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

With the offense tailored more toward Darnold’s strengths, the quarterback’s footwork improved. Gase drew up a slew of bootleg passes to get Darnold on the move. He called quick passes to set the tempo. Darnold moved from within the pocket to stave off Redskin defenders and buy his receivers extra time. He extended the play, then improvised with reserve tight end Daniel Brown for a first-quarter score.

Inject this into my veins. This is what we wanted from day one, an offense tailored towards Darnolds strengths.

• Upvote 1

Q:   Hey Sam what do you think of the Jetnation fan forum?

A:    Super bunch of guys. Really knowledgeable. They're a really important part of the fan base. I really enjoy everything they do over there. Very well run fan site. Good guys.

... And this is why Sam is the total package. He will NEVER say a cross word about anyone, and will not allow any outside noise to interfere with his efforts to be the best QB he can be.  His interviews are as boring as Derek Jeters, who was the king of saying nothing when interviewed. Let the wannabe stars give the soundbite quotes, the truly great players do all of their talking with their play on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh.

Ugh

If this doesn’t reek like some in-over-his-head manager setting up the narrative that he orchestrated all of this... Not gonna lie, Gase hits all my triggers in terms of sh*tty, smarmy “take-credit” leadership tactics. Reminds me far too much of guys I’ve work for. 

its like how you played teh mafia.... lol

I agree. I interpreted it similarly. Gase going to use each circumstance to "his" advantage and play it as his plan from the beginning. 

Darnold is maturing and growing as a QB and starting to take control of the offense and make it his own.  The fact that Gase seems to be willing to let Darnold have his say and mold the offense to his liking is a great sign.  This is EXACTLY what we the fans have been waiting for.  Let's carry this momentum the rest of the season and come out guns blazing next year!

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Me neither. But in this case I did, and let’s just say the writer took certain liberties to say the least, and not sure that’s how it all went down after listening to Sam

Exactly my point. Darnold disputes most of the unnecessary filler in the article. 

The video is Sam, himself. 

Its not that hard to click the button and watch.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Ugh.

Ugh

2E5A9B03-3EFF-4951-8839-13B8DFAC6BBD.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stark said:

its like how you played teh mafia.... lol

I agree. I interpreted it similarly. Gase going to use each circumstance to "his" advantage and play it as his plan from the beginning. 

It is, actually, but that was a running joke. This is just a huge red flag.

• Upvote 1