Jump to content
Sarge4Tide

Excluding Jets fans, which NFL team fanbase is most disappointed with their season?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you (Jets fans) expected anything but this you’re an idiot. This was and still is a bad team. Nothing has changed to make it better. As far as the rest of the NFL

Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Carolina, Rams, Pittsburgh

Whoa, let's be a little careful here.  The question was about being disappointed.  No Jets fan expected this team to lead the NFL in players on IR, expected the QB to get Mononucleosis, expected to lose in Miami.....or to win vs. Dallas for that matter.  We certainly didn't expect the OLine to be the dumpster fire it's been given that they made some minor additions (Osemele, Kalil, etc.), hired a respected OLine coach in Frank Pollack and hired an offensive-minded HC.

While 3-7 or maybe 4-6 was probably where most of us thought we'd be around now, how we got here has been very disappointing.  The positives right now are the win vs. Dallas and stringing two victories in a row together.  But getting annihilated by Philly, by Cleveland, losing to Miami, a 1-point loss at home to start the year, airplane banners after only 8 weeks with a new HC.....Disappointing with a capital D, my friend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KRL said:

Rams, Bears, Browns, Chargers, Falcons

This is the list

I'd also argue that the Chiefs are flirting with disappointment 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles in there somewhere. Cowboys probably too, they expected much more, but they'll be OK in that sh*t division.

EDIT: looking at their remaining schedules, Eagles are probably just as likely to win the division.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Def Bengals.  Never seen a fan base so dejected with even the idea of football.  Probably why so many are crazy about Bearcats basketball or football.  Or Xavier basketball.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Bears...........Trubisky was never the answer, cant win on D alone

Rams...........Tough division now Niners are back

Chargers.............Strong finishers

Falcons ............Atlanta Inconsistents

Eagles............should go down to the wire for Division 

Browns.......Good team on paper.....Coaching sux

 

Browns hands down....got the Jimmies and the Joes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Whoa, let's be a little careful here.  The question was about being disappointed.  No Jets fan expected this team to lead the NFL in players on IR, expected the QB to get Mononucleosis, expected to lose in Miami.....or to win vs. Dallas for that matter.  We certainly didn't expect the OLine to be the dumpster fire it's been given that they made some minor additions (Osemele, Kalil, etc.), hired a respected OLine coach in Frank Pollack and hired an offensive-minded HC.

While 3-7 or maybe 4-6 was probably where most of us thought we'd be around now, how we got here has been very disappointing.  The positives right now are the win vs. Dallas and stringing two victories in a row together.  But getting annihilated by Philly, by Cleveland, losing to Miami, a 1-point loss at home to start the year, airplane banners after only 8 weeks with a new HC.....Disappointing with a capital D, my friend.

At the start of the year (and before the rash of injuries), I would have guessed that we would be 5-5 through ten games, so I can't pretend 3-7 is THAT disappointing. But you are right, the way we have gotten here is what has been so brutal. 

Ridiculously bad injury luck, a historically bad opening day home loss to the Bills (blowing a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter while having a +4 turnover differential), and embarrassing losses to Cleveland, NE, and Miami. The interesting thing is, all of this crap happened in the first half of the season. We were 1-7 in the first 8 games - can we somehow go 6-2 over the last 8 games? That would go a long way towards making me feel like we are moving in the right direction. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears, Rams, Chargers, Browns would be my list.

Atlanta maybe but I don't remember too many people setting their expectations as high as those other 4 teams.

There's varying degrees of disappointment, but I think I feel the worst for the Bears. They have a awesome defense, what should be a solid run game, they invested in their OL, Robinson is a good WR... But then everything is halted by an inept QB... I think it reminds me of the Jet's Sanchez years..

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you (Jets fans) expected anything but this you’re an idiot. This was and still is a bad team. Nothing has changed to make it better. As far as the rest of the NFL

Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Carolina, Rams, Pittsburgh

I agree with you, why anyone on this board thought the jets would be above 500, regardless of the reason, was joking themselves. The Jets roster just isn't very good....

That being said

Browns, Rams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Whoa, let's be a little careful here.  The question was about being disappointed.  No Jets fan expected this team to lead the NFL in players on IR, expected the QB to get Mononucleosis, expected to lose in Miami.....or to win vs. Dallas for that matter.  We certainly didn't expect the OLine to be the dumpster fire it's been given that they made some minor additions (Osemele, Kalil, etc.), hired a respected OLine coach in Frank Pollack and hired an offensive-minded HC.

While 3-7 or maybe 4-6 was probably where most of us thought we'd be around now, how we got here has been very disappointing.  The positives right now are the win vs. Dallas and stringing two victories in a row together.  But getting annihilated by Philly, by Cleveland, losing to Miami, a 1-point loss at home to start the year, airplane banners after only 8 weeks with a new HC.....Disappointing with a capital D, my friend.

They suck and more then half the board said the oline was a walking abortion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Def Bengals.  Never seen a fan base so dejected with even the idea of football.  Probably why so many are crazy about Bearcats basketball or football.  Or Xavier basketball.

Going to that game in a couple weeks got a feeling it will be me and a couple thousand jet fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles, Bears, Browns, Jags, Chargers. 

If I was a Browns fan I'd be really bummed out b/c of how much promise there was for this season after all the investments they made. 
Now they lose their best defensive player for the season b/c of a dumb hothead mistake and I think a some of them may be losing confidence that Mayfield is the future Franchise QB. 

And there theres the Jags, who acquired a QB who was supposed to take them to the promised land, then he gets hurt, then a rookie emerges who turns out to be really good, the they kind of realize they still can't win games, its tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets fans are just naturally p!ssed off at their team.

Seriously though. Browns fans and Bears fans have to be out of their minds right now because I think their expectations were high coming into the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you (Jets fans) expected anything but this you’re an idiot. This was and still is a bad team. Nothing has changed to make it better. As far as the rest of the NFL

Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Carolina, Rams, Pittsburgh

Even though I predicted in a thread that I started that the Jets would win 7 games, 8 if everyone stayed healthy, I still believe you are overreacting.  Aside from the Jets offensive line, which I said would be the downfall of the Jets this year, I had high hopes for the rest of the roster, and actually thought our defense would be a top 10 overall for the year.  

We could still win 7 games as I predicted, and if that happens, then I would say we are going in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alka said:

Even though I predicted in a thread that I started that the Jets would win 7 games, 8 if everyone stayed healthy, I still believe you are overreacting.  Aside from the Jets offensive line, which I said would be the downfall of the Jets this year, I had high hopes for the rest of the roster, and actually thought our defense would be a top 10 overall for the year.  

We could still win 7 games as I predicted, and if that happens, then I would say we are going in the right direction.

You have knuckleheads on here who think they are going to make the playoffs

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You have knuckleheads on here who think they are going to make the playoffs

Yes, well we have them as well.  After being a Jets fan for 50 years now, I have learned to temper my enthusiasm, but still give hope that players will surprise me and be better than I had initially hoped.  In any case, we will never go to the playoffs without an offensive line, and I trust that Joe Douglas understands this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Bears, maybe?  Chargers?   

Dolphins.  Thought they were going 0-16 and drafting Tua.  Now they’ve already won twice plus Tua is badly hurt. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Dolphins.  Thought they were going 0-16 and drafting Tua.  Now they’ve already won twice plus Tua is badly hurt. 

Lol nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns 

they thought they had the greatest show on sod and they still just stink 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Dolphin fans are by far the most disappointed.  Those two wins will cost them Burrows.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Def Bengals.  Never seen a fan base so dejected with even the idea of football.  Probably why so many are crazy about Bearcats basketball or football.  Or Xavier basketball.

Being a Bengals fan, it's also got to suck realizing you have the cheapest ownership in football, who will do nothing to change things for the better if it costs .5c more to do so. Years of more misery await.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thinking about it, i would add the Texans. They've traded away so many picks from the bext few drafts and after the beat down this weekend seem to be more of a middle of the pack team. 

Thats said, i think getting rid of O'Brien would help them immensely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expectations from.Browms fans were probably sky high so to come crashing back to earth the way they did with that loaded roster has to  be very disappointing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rangerous said:

patsie fans because they know the end is near and it's going to be a very steep and painful decline.

Get eliminated by the ravens in the playoffs then say hi to the 1999 Chicago Bulls style of sh*t seasons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I think the Dolphin fans are by far the most disappointed.  Those two wins will cost them Burrows.  

Actually it’s working out great for the dolphins they will probably be able to draft both Chase Young and Tua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Just thinking about it, i would add the Texans. They've traded away so many picks from the bext few drafts and after the beat down this weekend seem to be more of a middle of the pack team. 

Thats said, i think getting rid of O'Brien would help them immensely 

Texans are maxed out and their window is closing 

 

Watson isn’t that good.  Watt is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

Being a Bengals fan, it's also got to suck realizing you have the cheapest ownership in football, who will do nothing to change things for the better if it costs .5c more to do so. Years of more misery await.

So then that really is you in the profile pic, now I understand. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Giants

Yeah, I mean 4 Lombardis in a lifetime has got to suck, they have a rook at qb, will prolly get #5 before we see 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Get eliminated by the ravens in the playoffs then say hi to the 1999 Chicago Bulls style of sh*t seasons 

much as they've done very well over the past two decades (it hurts to say it) past performance is no guarantee of future.  all of these dynasties have gone through many seasons of bad records following a string of successes.  will it happen to the patsies?  i think we'll know pretty soon if the team's success is brady or bellichicken or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...