Carolina's new owner won't accept mediocrity

WowOhWow

Tepper and his firm were a huge client of ours for years, and were in fact in the same building as we were.He isn’t a “lucky spermer”like our owner’s are. He worked hard for what he has achieved, so this isn’t surprising. He’s a guy who won’t tolerate losing, period. What a refreshing take, huh?Panther fans are lucky that he’s their owner. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Well...they are pretty mediocre right now.   His words sound a LOT like HESS after he said I want to win in MY lifetime or like Woody or Chris. Words are shallow.  Let's see how he runs the team. The GM, who I know personally, was the previous fired GM who came back to replace Gettleman. 

Panthers have had MUCH more success than us since 1995 but this owner is new and the jury is out.

I hope Panthers do well.. it's great for the city.

I wouldn't say much more and certainly not MUCH more.  They have 8 playoff apps and 9 playoff wins, we have 7 playoff apps and 7 playoff wins.  They have 2 SB apps but it's been easier in this timeframe to make it from the NFC.  Since 1995 13 different NFC franchises have made the SB compared to 7 for the AFC.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Numerous articles (Link to numerous articles here) covering an interview the Carolina owner gave following a recent loss.

This is the type of leadership I wish we had.  Stubborn, obsessed with winning, driven.

Ownership, GM drafting ability play such a huge factor in NFL success.  

This is his second year as owner, they had a losing season last year and are on their way to another losing season (currently at .500 but have difficult schedule down the stretch), from 2000-2016 under Woody the Jets never had 2 consecutive losing seasons.

55 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I wouldn't say much more and certainly not MUCH more.  They have 8 playoff apps and 9 playoff wins, we have 7 playoff apps and 7 playoff wins.  They have 2 SB apps but it's been easier in this timeframe to make it from the NFC.  Since 1995 13 different NFC franchises have made the SB compared to 7 for the AFC.

In my mind it's like golf...  The MAJORS are everything.  Same in my mind with SB appearances.  They were within 2 minutes of winning the SB twice. In both cases, I thought they would win.  

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Tepper and his firm were a huge client of ours for years, and were in fact in the same building as we were.He isn’t a “lucky spermer”like our owner’s are. He worked hard for what he has achieved, so this isn’t surprising. He’s a guy who won’t tolerate losing, period. What a refreshing take, huh?Panther fans are lucky that he’s their owner. 

Agreed, love to have him but remember, Dan Snyder is self made too.  Not a guarantee.  But I'd take Tepper over the Johnsons  anyday.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

SAR I - you're a joke.  Plain and simple.  What a f@@ckin fool and tool bag you are.

You're the reason good people leave boards like this.  Because of @uckin idiots like you.

Go away you clown.

Don't rise to his bait.  When he breaks the rules, report him, and move on.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Numerous articles (Link to numerous articles here) covering an interview the Carolina owner gave following a recent loss.

This is the type of leadership I wish we had.  Stubborn, obsessed with winning, driven.

Ownership, GM drafting ability play such a huge factor in NFL success.  

So another mediocre team owner claims he won't accept the mediocracy that their team is.

As if every team owner, any and ever sport doesnt say the same thing.

And if all you have to do is say it over and over again and your team will transform itself into a winner?  

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

In my mind it's like golf...  The MAJORS are everything.  Same in my mind with SB appearances.  They were within 2 minutes of winning the SB twice. In both cases, I thought they would win.  

But they didn't win either.  They have been better no doubt, I'm not saying we were better but it's not some crazy difference.  People forget we have had some success, I know it's hard to remember because lately we've been so bad but from '97-'11 we had a lot of success and hopefully some day we have the ultimate success. 

12 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

SAR I - you're a joke.  Plain and simple.  What a f@@ckin fool and tool bag you are.

You're the reason good people leave boards like this.  Because of @uckin idiots like you.

Go away you clown.

Your personal attack has been reported. 

SAR I

Let's let this thing play out here before we pile on Chris Johnson again. So the new Panther owner publically claims he won't stand for mediocrity, big f*cking deal! Talk is cheap. Cam is pretty much finished, McCaffery will be burned out 2 years from now.

I keep saying this but it's like Jet fans forget their is a new Sherrif in town who hasn't even presided over one offseason of free agency or a draft in Joe Douglas. Joe Douglas has something the Panthers don't right now, a very good young QB (necessity), and some very good young defensive players.  

Joe Douglas kind of came here kicking & screaming & wouldn't even touch this dumpster fire without a 6 year contract. SIX YEARS is a lifetime in the NFL & it finally brings some stability at the GM spot with a TRUE football guy, who has surrounded himself with good people like Hogan & Savage. The Jets won't be signing the next LAST CONTRACT older free agents this offseason. I love the fact the Eagles wanted to keep him, unlike Macc who was a month away from getting FIRED. 

Douglas will attack this Oline problem vigorously this offseason, I'm positive his scouts have already been lining up future draft picks based on perceived round slotting. Those high 3s like the 1 he got from the Giants are the perfect spots for good future Guards & he'll have 2 to work with. 

When is the last time this Jet team traded a high underperforming draft pick? The past regime was guaranteed to resign Leo to a ridiculous unwarranted contract. And the one time it seems Macc got lucky could be a huge boon to our 2020 draft if Bless Austin turns out to be that needle in the haystack Macc was always trying to find. Austin reminds me of Lattimore & if we don't have to use a high pick on another CB, JD will be able to build this new Oline while our defense gets better with less resources in 2020.