Sign in to follow this  
THE BARON

Way TooEarly 2021 Draft Question...

OK... Who's going to tank the 2020 season for Trevor Lawrence ???  I'd say it looms larger than the "Suck For Luck" campaign did... 

Patriots, Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Panthers, Tampa Bay, Titans, Colts, Broncos, Raiders, Redskins are all teams that could be looking for a QB by 2021.

whoever picks Fromm, Burrow, Herbert, ect this year will be knocked off that list but it’s still a reasonable amount of teams.

Justin Fields might be even better. Will possibly be an epic season of tankage for the 1st 2 picks

3 minutes ago, Welp said:

Justin Fields might be even better. Will possibly be an epic season of tankage for the 1st 2 picks

We could also see a team trade away multiple first round picks to move up and land one of them... 

Fromm, Burrow, Eason, Tua, Herbert this year 

Fields, Lawrence next year

Thats a lot of players moving OL, WR and EDGE talent down in draft position. The Jets have to be willing to move down and capitalize on the talent back up. 

I think the Chargers could be a team that trades away picks and to set up for a bad 2020 and a shot at Lawrence. 

29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Fromm, Burrow, Eason, Tua, Herbert this year 

Fields, Lawrence next year

Thats a lot of players moving OL, WR and EDGE talent down in draft position. The Jets have to be willing to move down and capitalize on the talent back up. 

I think the Chargers could be a team that trades away picks and to set up for a bad 2020 and a shot at Lawrence. 

After the game that Rivers just had, considering his age, the Chargers seem a likely landing spot if they can pull off a 0-16 in 2020

1 hour ago, Welp said:

Will possibly be an epic season of tankage for the 1st 2 picks

Let's hope the Jets play a few of these teams next year! 8-)

All I know is that whoever gets the #1 pick is taking him.

Doesn’t matter if you’re picking #2 and offer multiple 1st round picks to move up. Whoever is picking #1 would tell you to go f*ck yourself and take Lawrence.

So basically, I’ll be laughing at Miami while they’re stuck in no mans land for the foreseeable future. They won’t be in position for Burrow this year and they’ll probably miss out on Lawrence next year. So much for the grand tank.

If Lawrence goes number 1 I wouldn't be surprised if Duck's LT Penei Sewell goes second or third.  (That's if he goes into the draft.  He'd only be a junior.)  But I've seen few offensive linemen since I've been watching the Pac-12 with his kind of ability.  Maybe be the best LT prospect in several years.  Just an absolute monster.

The Pats are going to be next year’s Dolphins after TB12 leaves and Belichick runs to the Giants

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Trevor Lawrence will be an Atlanta Falcon.  Somehow some way they will land him.  

Falcons are getting rid of Quinn which probably improves them by 5-6 wins next season

2 hours ago, Welp said:

Agree. Top 2 are set in stone with them for the most part. Fields could make a play at #1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

After the game that Rivers just had, considering his age, the Chargers seem a likely landing spot if they can pull off a 0-16 in 2020

Maybe we can trade them the next Philip Rivers for the Lawrence pick.

As we have learned from this season, players don't tank. The Dolphins organization tried to tank as hard as they could and yet its looking like they are out of contention for the #1 overall pick. 

Moreover, you NEVER know about injuries. Another thing we learned this season as Tua may never be the same QB, EVER after dislocating his hip. 

If you have no QB and a terrible team you are going to suck no matter what so don;t worry about tanking and get your front office and coaching staff in order first, then worry about the draft and finding a QB. The Jets were picking 6th, traded up and on top of that had to get a little bit of luck to get Sam. Either something like that, or great scouting is what you need. 'Tanking' never really works if you ask me. You want Trevor- get ready to trade up for him.