Amount on Money on IR by Team

bla bla bla

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

You don't have to be a double major in botany and automotive engineering to see a car stuck in a tree and go "that ain't right".

It's ridiculous to demand that a retort to a public post has to equal the OP in effort or time invested.  Otherwise you could make absolutely ridiculous claims with charts and graphs and stick figure drawings and be immune to criticism if the respondents don't do the same.

Please ensure your response to this is equally as rambly if you don't want to automatically concede the convoluted point I'm making.

Tl;dr....."Please provide your better detailed point rather than just posting a lame one line quip".

wat

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This should make everyone feel a bit better about next year.  We're a good team with some horrible luck.

SAR I

Injuries are inevitable. You make your own luck in this league. It's called "depth," of which we have none. That's not bad luck. That's terrible drafting/planning by the prior regime. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Injuries are inevitable. You make your own luck in this league. It's called "depth," of which we have none. That's not bad luck. That's terrible drafting/planning by the prior regime. 

If anything the depth has actually been relatively impressive.

The damning indictment of that list isn't the players we lost it's that Winters, Kalil and Johnson were making so much f*cking money. Literally all have been outplayed by their backups, Tru by several backups.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Xtina said:

Odd comment. They don’t have to be on IR to be out for the game. 

I know, and I'm sure we had a couple out for that game that were just dinged up.

The point was that some painted the Dallas game as a "yeah but they had injured players" kind of win. We had our fair share out as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

If anything the depth has actually been relatively impressive.

The damning indictment of that list isn't the players we lost it's that Winters, Kalil and Johnson were making so much f*cking money. Literally all have been outplayed by their backups, Tru by several backups.

Shows that this regime is taking a "salary above performance" approach to player evals. Bowles was justifiably criticized quite heavily for this, as well.

• Upvote 4

The high priced last free agent contracts here are over in New York. You know damn well these veterans agents looking for a pay day always tell their clients the NY Jets might be interested. 

Then you hear the inevitable "he doesn't want to play in NY", then 3 weeks later he's signed in NY to a ridiculous contract like Trumaine Johnson. I don't think Trumaine Johnson even liked football? Hey, when Jeff Fisher won't pay you there has to be red flags right? 

A new day has dawned & I like it. 

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Shows that this regime is taking a "salary above performance" approach to player evals. Bowles was justifiably criticized quite heavily for this, as well.

How about the early benching by GW? This new regime ain't nothing like the old regime. 

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

I have always thought that this was a Johnson thing.  Kalil was the worst example.  We think and hope Douglas will be better, but Kalil is not a good sign. 

It does appear that the Jets are using the open roster spots from players on IR to scour other Practice Squads, which is good. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

I have always thought that this was a Johnson thing.  Kalil was the worst example.  We think and hope Douglas will be better, but Kalil is not a good sign. 

It does appear that the Jets are using the open roster spots from players on IR to scour other Practice Squads, which is good. 

I don't really fault JD for Khalil, he identified an area of weakness and saw the only potential upgrade was a roll of the dice on a retired All Pro. It was a swing and miss but for a 1 year deal I'm happy he tried.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

CJ Measly has to be the worst FA signing in a while based on production vs cost.

I don't know why anyone would down vote this post. It's true as hell. 

Of course when and IF CJ is finally healed I expect him to blow that statement out of the water. Based on the short game day sample I've seen.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Undoubtedly.

But what Gase and Williams have done with the weak roster weakened further with injuries is pretty remarkable.  No, we don't get hats and t-shirts, but if we can eke out a 7-9 season with this bunch that bodes well for our future.  Means that Darnold can win with limited weapons (and no running game whatsoever), Williams is amazing in scheming, and Gase can coach and not lose the team.

So that's all good.  That would actually turn this horrible season into something successful to build on. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Undoubtedly.

But what Gase and Williams have done with the weak roster weakened further with injuries is pretty remarkable.  No, we don't get hats and t-shirts, but if we can eke out a 7-9 season with this bunch that bodes well for our future.  Means that Darnold can win with limited weapons (and no running game whatsoever), Williams is amazing in scheming, and Gase can coach and not lose the team.

So that's all good.  That would actually turn this horrible season into something successful to build on. 

SAR I

I predicted 6 wins this offseason. Back then I was a SOJF loser-troll. Now I'm an optimist. Go figure.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I hope we Win, but it would be a classic Jets nut punch.

Eh been through worse. After coughing away the 1998 AFC Championship game, the Jets can't hurt me ever again. I've expected a never-ending series of nut punches since and I'm now immune.

• Sympathy 2

Eh been through worse. After coughing away the 1998 AFC Championship game, the Jets can't hurt me ever again. I've expected a never-ending series of nut punches since and I'm now immune.

Brutal ... that Superbowl was ours for the taking ... Whichever of us won the AFC was going to destroy Atlanta

Vinny had been the poster child for good health throughout his entire career ... 1999 game 1 ... please God no :( :( :(

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, ljr said:

Brutal ... that Superbowl was ours for the taking ... Whichever of us won the AFC was going to destroy Atlanta

Vinny had been the poster child for good health throughout his entire career ... 1999 game 1 ... please God no :( :( :(

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yep. The AFC Championship game and Vinny going down week 1 the following season are when I popped my cherry as a Jets fans and stopped being a homer.