Should Jets build D around Adams?

Freemanm

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was blitzing on their long td run.

He was blitzing on another long completed pass.

He got burnt for a 67 yarder that was called back on penalty.

All in the last game in which he is being lauded for being  the best d guy in the league.

Adams is blitzing like crazy for one reason, we have no pass rushers at all.  (our newly minted 3rd overall looks like Leo clone)

Now against bad teams and bad QBs we can get away with it.  Against good teams they make us pay, thus the 3-7 record.

Blame Gregg Williams for all that NOT Jamal Adams. 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All in the last game in which he is being lauded for being  the best d guy in the league.

Adams is blitzing like crazy for one reason, we have no pass rushers at all.  (our newly minted 3rd overall looks like Leo clone)

Now against bad teams and bad QBs we can get away with it.  Against good teams they make us pay, thus the 3-7 record.

Him being actually not that good at coverage might also have something to with having him do something else.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP THE HATE

STOP THE FACTS, I CAN'T HANDLE THEM SOMEONE CANCEL THIS MAN I DON'T AGREE WITH HIM

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok then Adams isn't the "clear choice for DPOY" for his whopping 6 sacks, it was Gregg Williams calling the plays after all.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I'm blaming mick mccagnan for that.

What I am saying is that in any normal, rational defense his role will be changed or lessened.

Smart teams with good Qbs will crush a defense that sends the SS as much as the jets do.

I listed three examples where this bringing him in every play hurt us bad last week.

He is doing what he does very well lately no disputing that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Is he even playing next year w/o a new contract?  He seems like a guy thats never showing up next year unless hes the highest paid safety in the league.

Didnt zeke do this after year 3 too?

Adams is either traded or hes a jet and the highest paid safety in the league.

Me, watching the endless heel turns in the Jamal Adams holdout thread next summer: 200.gif 

• Haha 4

As our savior Joe Douglas said, you build from the trenches out. God knows were good on DL. I would take a LT or an edge (of the same caliber as JA) over Jamal Adam's the safety any day of the week. Hes a luxury not a necessity. I'm all for flipping him in March for multiple high round picks and rebuilding that line ?

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm blaming mick mccagnan for that.

What I am saying is that in any normal, rational defense his role will be changed or lessened.

Smart teams with good Qbs will crush a defense that sends the SS as much as the jets do.

I listed three examples where this bringing him in every play hurt us bad last week.

He is doing what he does very well lately no disputing that.

I wonder if Jon Gruden will have an answer for these new-fangled “safety blitzes” that Jamal Adams recently invented, and I wonder if that’ll lead directly to a 35-17 Raiders win this Sunday

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s simple. Get a real ball hawking FS, move Maye to SS where he should be and use Jamal as a hybrid safety/LB playmaker with a 3-3–5 base formation for a majority of plays. He’s great in the box but having him there takes away from our backend and creates a weakness in our coverage. This solves that and we shouldn’t be exposed too badly in the run game because our front 7 is very stout against the run and Jamal does well with run blitzes anyways. 

This is what I was going to suggest. Let's make Jamal a LB and have him blitz. He's certainly not your traditional edge rusher but if he can get sacks and blow up plays who cares the position?

I'd be sending Adams or Poole on every play

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This franchise FINALLY landed a first round draft pick that seems to be actually playing like a first round draft pick.

PAY THE MAN.

this notion seems to be lost within the analytics of judging the impact of a "safety" 

Are the jets realistically going to net a pick that that is valuable and likely a stalwart? I dunno.... you're giving a quality defender who energizes the team... there's definitely a time and place to move a guy like Jamal - but i don't think we have that luxury at the moment. Let's focus on trading back and hitting on those day 2 picks. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Cry a river for a DL who gets 12 sacks a year, less than one play per game and bitch about sacks by a S in 9 games who adds 60 tackles.  Then blame him for big plays against.  The ones that were the fault of the D.  

You want these guys to play with the same kind of emotion and passion that Adams does. We have had way too many Leonard Williams' and Wilkerson's, Revis's (The second go around) that were resting on their past accomplishments and not giving the effort anymore.

Do I want to make Adams the centerpiece of this defense though ? No. You want that guy to be an Edge rusher or a D-Line that gets to the QB on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

imo it's just not that easy.  if douglas gets a boatload of draft picks in a trade then he needs to consider it.  it looks like adams will be getting something around 15 million per year when he re-signs.  he is an impact player and it's always good to have these guys around.  he seems to be self motivated so he probably won't be a slug like wilky or a hold out diva like revis was.