The world lost a lifelong Jets fan this past weekend.

TampaJet

1 hour ago, TampaJet said:

My father lost his battle with cancer this past Sunday night.  He was the toughest man I know, and put up a fight until the end.  Unfortunately we did not get to watch one last game together, but I was sure to let him now that they did win two in row for him.  He is the reason I am a Jets fan (yes, its fault lol, but I would not change it for the world).  Although we moved to FL when I was young, we would often spend summers back in NY, and one of my fondest memories was when he took me to Hofstra for training camp in 86.  It was the first time in my life that I met any professional athletes in person, and I still have a Jets helmet with many of the 86 players signatures. 

Since I was not around when he was able to see the Jets win their only Superbowl, I had always wished that we would be able to see one together.  Sadly, that will not happen, but I know he will always be with me, especially if and when I finally get to see one. 

This picture is from 2012 in Jax at the Tampa Fan Club tailgate.  It was the last game we went to together, and I will always have great memories of watching and discussing the jets with him. 

Dad jets.jpg

You are actually lucky to have these great memories. He looks like a REAL man  and he appears to have raised a solid son. God Bless him and I hope you find peace. I lost my dad when I was very young and never had the chance to go to a football game with him. Many Yankee games.  I'm very sad for you. Go Jets!!!!!  If you don't mind my asking, how old was he? 

• Sympathy 3