TampaJet

The world lost a lifelong Jets fan this past weekend.

Wow sad but awesome story Tampajet. My sincere condolences for your loss. Nothing better than reading about a proud son speak about his dad, rip dad

• Upvote 1

all my best to you and your family and friends...  may he rest in peace...

So sorry to hear that news.  Sounds like he was a great man.

Nice to see you both rocking Curtis Martin jerseys!

#FCancer

Sorry about tour dad. He looks like a cool dude.

its hard but be grateful you had a good dad at least.

• Upvote 1

God bless and my thoughts/prayers are with you and your family. I hope the Jets can win one for all of us eventually. That would be the ultimate give back to your father and fans like him who have been watching for so long. R.I.P

• Post of the Week 1

So sorry for your loss.  Condolences to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss Pal. I went through the same thing with my Dad and Uncle who introduced me to this team when I was just a kid. I feel for ya.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts, and Prayers...R.I.P

Condolences - some beautiful memories you have.

I know the Jets can be a team we all 'hate to love' - but it brings people together, win or lose.

• Upvote 1

Peace and prayers to you and your entire family! May your Pops rest easy!

My condolences. May your Dad rest in peace knowing he has done such a great job with his family!

Sorry for your loss.  May your father Rest In Peace.

1 hour ago, TampaJet said:

My father lost his battle with cancer this past Sunday night.  He was the toughest man I know, and put up a fight until the end.  Unfortunately we did not get to watch one last game together, but I was sure to let him now that they did win two in row for him.  He is the reason I am a Jets fan (yes, its fault lol, but I would not change it for the world).  Although we moved to FL when I was young, we would often spend summers back in NY, and one of my fondest memories was when he took me to Hofstra for training camp in 86.  It was the first time in my life that I met any professional athletes in person, and I still have a Jets helmet with many of the 86 players signatures. 

Since I was not around when he was able to see the Jets win their only Superbowl, I had always wished that we would be able to see one together.  Sadly, that will not happen, but I know he will always be with me, especially if and when I finally get to see one. 

This picture is from 2012 in Jax at the Tampa Fan Club tailgate.  It was the last game we went to together, and I will always have great memories of watching and discussing the jets with him. 

Dad jets.jpg

You are actually lucky to have these great memories. He looks like a REAL man  and he appears to have raised a solid son. God Bless him and I hope you find peace. I lost my dad when I was very young and never had the chance to go to a football game with him. Many Yankee games.  I'm very sad for you. Go Jets!!!!!  If you don't mind my asking, how old was he? 

• Like 3