Jump to content
TampaJet

The world lost a lifelong Jets fan this past weekend.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, TampaJet said:

My father lost his battle with cancer this past Sunday night.  He was the toughest man I know, and put up a fight until the end.  Unfortunately we did not get to watch one last game together, but I was sure to let him now that they did win two in row for him.  He is the reason I am a Jets fan (yes, its fault lol, but I would not change it for the world).  Although we moved to FL when I was young, we would often spend summers back in NY, and one of my fondest memories was when he took me to Hofstra for training camp in 86.  It was the first time in my life that I met any professional athletes in person, and I still have a Jets helmet with many of the 86 players signatures. 

Since I was not around when he was able to see the Jets win their only Superbowl, I had always wished that we would be able to see one together.  Sadly, that will not happen, but I know he will always be with me, especially if and when I finally get to see one. 

This picture is from 2012 in Jax at the Tampa Fan Club tailgate.  It was the last game we went to together, and I will always have great memories of watching and discussing the jets with him. 

Dad jets.jpg

Very sorry to hear that.  As much as sports "don't matter", they can be a real bonding experience.  My condolences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for your loss ... **** cancer.

 

Lost my 47 yr old wife, my aunt, stepfather and dog a couple years ago to that sh*t. I am with you bro.

 

He looks like an awesome Dad.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sincere condolences to you and your family...may your dad rest in peace.  Memories of you and your dad will last forever, that's a good thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Condolences.

Maybe he'll be leading the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets chant up there this weekend after a big W.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers for you and your family. My Dad has cancer and unfortunately he will not be with us much longer. He is 87 and I am sick and tired of dealing with cancer in the family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TampaJet said:

My father lost his battle with cancer this past Sunday night.  He was the toughest man I know, and put up a fight until the end.  Unfortunately we did not get to watch one last game together, but I was sure to let him now that they did win two in row for him.  He is the reason I am a Jets fan (yes, its fault lol, but I would not change it for the world).  Although we moved to FL when I was young, we would often spend summers back in NY, and one of my fondest memories was when he took me to Hofstra for training camp in 86.  It was the first time in my life that I met any professional athletes in person, and I still have a Jets helmet with many of the 86 players signatures. 

Since I was not around when he was able to see the Jets win their only Superbowl, I had always wished that we would be able to see one together.  Sadly, that will not happen, but I know he will always be with me, especially if and when I finally get to see one. 

This picture is from 2012 in Jax at the Tampa Fan Club tailgate.  It was the last game we went to together, and I will always have great memories of watching and discussing the jets with him. 

Dad jets.jpg

My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to read this brother. My 63 year old sister is battling that hated disease right now & fighting her azz off. My Dad died 2 years ago January & although he wasn't a sports fan he knew I was a crazed Jet fan & when I would visit he'd say, "I catch a game now & then on Sunday when I'm flicking through the channels, unfortunately they never seem to win when I watch".

Still makes me laugh thinking about it 😁. Enjoy the memories. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, Dunnie said:

Sorry for your loss ... **** cancer.

 

Lost my 47 yr old wife, my aunt, stepfather and dog a couple years ago to that sh*t. I am with you bro.

 

He looks like an awesome Dad.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Damn...Im sorry to hear that Dunnie.   I lost a dog and my Dad within a year to it....it sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, Ken Shroy said:

Prayers for you and your family. My Dad has cancer and unfortunately he will not be with us much longer. He is 87 and I am sick and tired of dealing with cancer in the family.

Thank you and Im sorry to hear about your Dad Ken. I wish him the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...