Targets Jets could go after

Team archer

1 hour ago, varjet said:

According to OTC, the Jets have about $61mm of cap space next year.  Focusing on big ticket players, they can cut the following players and gain cap space:

Trumaine-$3mm

Avery W.-$6.5mm

Quincy-$2.4mm

WInters-$7.3mm

Roberts-$6mm

This totals about another ~$25mm of cap space, but the roster would have only 35 players signed.  That about an average of $4mm per player signed.  

I would probably keep Roberts and Avery, for this year, and draft offense.  

of the group roberts and williamson are the ones who can play.  it would be great if enunwa could come back but two neck injuries in two years is scary.  trumaine?  too bad they have to eat so much cap.

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I also noticed the Jets dlinemen beating him up on Sunday. He had trouble with Shep, Fatty, and McClendon.

Funny, that those are the names you picked.  The plays that come to mind Henry Anderson was mauling him.  In fact, I think Anderson is the one he was holding when they called back the long gainer. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Funny, that those are the names you picked.  The plays that come to mind Henry Anderson was mauling him.  In fact, I think Anderson is the one he was holding when they called back the long gainer. 

I believe that is also correct. Good call.

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

Paying Scherff $15/season scares me a bit but if Joe D likes him I’d be all for it. 

The other OL I like a lot is Joe Haeg from Indy. He can play guard or tackle and is going to shake free due to the talent on his team, not due to any issue with him as a player. He’s not elite but is a good player who can play multiple positions. 

As for OLB any one of Dupree, Fowler or my personal choice Yannick would be great. 

Scherff is a guy you pay and never look back. He can play. There's other names on that list that are way more alarming.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Is scherff that good ? Pff of 78 and had a couple penalties last week 

he’s obviously an upgrade but not worth a mega deal. 

Like all players, he'll be better when surrounded with competency. Washington is a hot mess. I think you have to consider him. I'd also find out how to get Trent Williams on our roster. The Redskins have their issues, but the OL last year was good with these guys leading it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TNJet said:

Ah yes Dante Fowler, apparently every year we should pursue him. Jet fans have been saying that for 3 years atleast. I say no, keep Jenkins and draft a non drama imploding OLB to go next to him.

Send a 4th round pick to the Browns for Myles Garrret

Get Garrett back here in 2021

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Is scherff that good ? Pff of 78 and had a couple penalties last week 

he’s obviously an upgrade but not worth a mega deal. 

Scherff is overrated on this board.  He’s good but he’s not Quentin Nelson

I’d still throw $60 million his way just because our OL is such a hot mess