Bell says he's done with Drug Tests

Wait he can't just be like I'm not doing them can he? I think it is crazy he had to do so many, even in the military we never had to do that many. But I'm pretty sure he has to comply, but his words bring up some thoughts to me:

1 dirty? is there any documented dirty needles being used - I mean even if just a chance or even just one other case I sure as hell wouldn't want to give any blood

2 how is the NFL so bad at this - it has to be some sort of rigged system - i mean the players have an idea of who uses and who doesn't, how come they are hassling Bell

3 random drugs test are getting more and more stupid these days, they damn near legalize it all

Anyway just interesting to me - if I was bell I would get the Players association to fight his tests. that many is ridiculous by any standards.

Also Bell is amazing and worth every damn penny we spent on him, extend him..

Jets' Le'Veon Bell Says He Had 5 HGH Tests in 10 Weeks, Refuses to Do Another

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell took issue with the NFL's drug-testing protocol in a tweet Wednesday.

Bell noted he was given a random HGH test for the fifth time this season Wednesday and wrote that he refuses to partake in another:

I done had 5 “random” HGH blood test in 10 weeks...@NFL I’m not doing another after today, whatever y’all lookin for it obviously ain’t there & I’m not about to keep allowing y’all to stick me with those dirty ass needles..find the players who really do that HGH BS & get off me..

The 27-year-old is in the midst of his first season with the Jets after he signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract during the offseason. In 10 games, Bell has rushed for 508 yards and three touchdowns, and caught 46 passes for 309 yards and a score.

The NFL began testing for HGH in 2014, and according to a 2016 article by Christian Red of the New York Daily News, the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances states that a player can be blood-tested up to six times in a calendar year, although there are exceptions if reasonable cause exists.

Bell was suspended for two games in 2015 as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and then suspended for three games in 2016 for a similar violation.

He has never tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, however.

Big things were expected of Bell in his first season with the Jets, but it has been a frustrating campaign for him and the team. After holding out all of last season in a contract dispute with the Steelers, Bell is averaging a career-worst 3.2 yards per carry.

Second-year quarterback Sam Darnold missed three games with mononucleosis, and his lack of progress has contributed to Bell's lack of production. The Jets are last in the NFL in yards per game (248.2) and 29th in points per game (16.4).

Bell and the 3-7 Jets are on a two-game winning streak, though, and they will look to make it three in a row when they host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2863539-jets-leveon-bell-says-he-had-5-hgh-tests-in-10-weeks-refuses-to-do-another

• Upvote 1

Bell was suspended for two games in 2015 as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and then suspended for three games in 2016 for a similar violation.

And he wonders why they're testing him so often?

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% for Pot being removed from the banned list, (and legalized/decriminalized Federally).

And I agree with him, 5 in 10 weeks is excessive.

But this is what collective bargaining gets the Players, and they don't individually get to decide they're just not doing it when they like.  Same way the Owners can't just decide to "not do" things that the CBA requires.

If I were Bell, given the year he's produced, I'd keep quiet, keep my head down, and pray the Jets trade me come the offseason.  He's been a very poor fit here under Coach Gase.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

DOnt know how they do it. But even random selection....  you get streaks.

Flip a coin ends up 50/50 OVER TIME...   but in that 100 flips...  you'll get streaks of 5 or 8 more often than people usually think..

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wait he can't just be like I'm not doing them can he? I think it is crazy he had to do so many, even in the military we never had to do that many. But I'm pretty sure he has to comply, but his words bring up some thoughts to me:

1 dirty? is there any documented dirty needles being used - I mean even if just a chance or even just one other case I sure as hell wouldn't want to give any blood

2 how is the NFL so bad at this - it has to be some sort of rigged system - i mean the players have an idea of who uses and who doesn't, how come they are hassling Bell

3 random drugs test are getting more and more stupid these days, they damn near legalize it all

Anyway just interesting to me - if I was bell I would get the Players association to fight his tests. that many is ridiculous by any standards.

Also Bell is amazing and worth every damn penny we spent on him, extend him..

Jets' Le'Veon Bell Says He Had 5 HGH Tests in 10 Weeks, Refuses to Do Another

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell took issue with the NFL's drug-testing protocol in a tweet Wednesday.

Bell noted he was given a random HGH test for the fifth time this season Wednesday and wrote that he refuses to partake in another:

I done had 5 “random” HGH blood test in 10 weeks...@NFL I’m not doing another after today, whatever y’all lookin for it obviously ain’t there & I’m not about to keep allowing y’all to stick me with those dirty ass needles..find the players who really do that HGH BS & get off me..

The 27-year-old is in the midst of his first season with the Jets after he signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract during the offseason. In 10 games, Bell has rushed for 508 yards and three touchdowns, and caught 46 passes for 309 yards and a score.

The NFL began testing for HGH in 2014, and according to a 2016 article by Christian Red of the New York Daily News, the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances states that a player can be blood-tested up to six times in a calendar year, although there are exceptions if reasonable cause exists.

Bell was suspended for two games in 2015 as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and then suspended for three games in 2016 for a similar violation.

He has never tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, however.

Big things were expected of Bell in his first season with the Jets, but it has been a frustrating campaign for him and the team. After holding out all of last season in a contract dispute with the Steelers, Bell is averaging a career-worst 3.2 yards per carry.

Second-year quarterback Sam Darnold missed three games with mononucleosis, and his lack of progress has contributed to Bell's lack of production. The Jets are last in the NFL in yards per game (248.2) and 29th in points per game (16.4).

Bell and the 3-7 Jets are on a two-game winning streak, though, and they will look to make it three in a row when they host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2863539-jets-leveon-bell-says-he-had-5-hgh-tests-in-10-weeks-refuses-to-do-another

I don’t know how the NFL CBA is worded, but the MORE act just passed the House Judiciary, and could mean no more drug tests for Lev.

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

So when Bell refuses to take tests, do the Jets get any cap space back when he's expelled from the league?   Which he will be

I have no idea what Lev does or does not do, nor did I relaize that he had a history....

but this feels like a bad angle to take on his part....    unless of course he has no more effs to give...

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And he wonders why they're testing him so often?

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% for Pot being removed from the banned list, (and legalized/decriminalized Federally).

But this is what collective bargaining gets the Players, and they don't individually get to decide they're just not doing it when they like.  Same way the Owners can't just decide to "not do" things that the CBA requires.

If I were Bell, given the year he's produced, I'd keep quiet, keep my head down, and pray the Jets trade me come the offseason.  He's been a very poor fit here under Coach Gase.

Also, what does Bell's history with marijuana have to do with HGH testing?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

THE nfl not directly involved in the testing, according to a league spokesman. It's a collectively bargained policy between the NFLPA and the NFL, with a jointly appointed administrator running the program. Neither the NFL, the NFLPA nor any club directs the specific testing schedule or decides which players will be tested, the spokesman said.

The policy states players not in "reasonable-cause testing" shall not be subject to more than six blood tests per calendar year.

49 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Wake me up when Tom Brady gets tested for HGH

Lol if you think Brady is on HGH. Also lol if you think it'd make even a fraction of a difference outside of injuries healing (which should be permitted, IMO). 

I'm all for hating Brady, but let's at least be realistic. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

DOnt know how they do it. But even random selection....  you get streaks.

Flip a coin ends up 50/50 OVER TIME...   but in that 100 flips...  you'll get streaks of 5 or 8 more often than people usually think..

Yes, but now imagine that coin has 2000 sides and it lands on the same side 5 times in a row.

38 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Both are banned stubstances.    When they tst you for weed, they test yu for all banned  stubstances.  Just like in the real world

I assume this post is the result of talk to text, and not a joke that I missing, but...  It is not the same thing.  HGH is a blood test with needles (dirty ass or not) while weed is a piss test, same as all the urine analysis in most of the "real world."  I deal with plenty of failed drug tests and it isn't after a blood test.

56 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Also, what does Bell's history with marijuana have to do with HGH testing?

I wonder why repeated violations of the substance abuse policy resulting in suspensions might lead to a higher frequency of testing for substance abuses....:-k

Does Bell have any actual knowledge of the differences between testing "for HGH" and plain old drug testing?  Seems the process "needle, draw blood" is the same.

/shrug

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

I have no idea what Lev does or does not do, nor did I relaize that he had a history....

but this feels like a bad angle to take on his part....    unless of course he has no more effs to give...

He doesn't have a history. Weed? Gimme a break, Bell is right to be pissed about this. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I wonder why repeated violations of the substance abuse policy resulting in suspensions might lead to a higher frequency of testing for substance abuses....:-k

Does Bell have any actual knowledge of the differences between testing "for HGH" and plain old drug testing?  Seems the process "needle, draw blood" is the same.

/shrug

They probably piss test for drugs, no? Also, how are you not seeing the difference here?

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

/shrug

It's a urine screen for marijuana.

It's a stupid ******* test. I'd be pissed if they came in to draw blood from me every week for PR reasons.

Has anyone actually failed an HGH test? What baseline are they going off of? Athletes are going to have high levels so what even constitutes a failure? I agree with Bell. NFL should F off with this pointless test.