Bell says he's done with Drug Tests

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

It's a stupid ******* test. I'd be pissed if they came in to draw blood from me every week for PR reasons.

Has anyone actually failed an HGH test? What baseline are they going off of? Athletes are going to have high levels so what even constitutes a failure? I agree with Bell. NFL should F off with this pointless test.  

Big Papi in 2009(i think) ... But in baseball it's not a normal drug test but a trial of a new test. So big Papi never 'failed' a real drug test. Yet was caught. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's right. Jon Jones had a metabolite from a synthetic drug cause he's an idiot. Nobody is going to fail an HGH test cause there's no actual baseline for failure. It's just a PR move from the NFL so they can pretend they're on top of it. If they want to do something useful they should take Al Riveron out back and beat the sh*t out of him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

And he wonders why they're testing him so often?

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% for Pot being removed from the banned list, (and legalized/decriminalized Federally).

And I agree with him, 5 in 10 weeks is excessive.

But this is what collective bargaining gets the Players, and they don't individually get to decide they're just not doing it when they like.  Same way the Owners can't just decide to "not do" things that the CBA requires.

If I were Bell, given the year he's produced, I'd keep quiet, keep my head down, and pray the Jets trade me come the offseason.  He's been a very poor fit here under Coach Gase.

Terible fit for Gase - only because Gase is an idiot and wont fit his scheme to take advantage of the best player on the team. Absolutely nuts.

Gase should be tested every day. he crazy ass eyes - Press conf - play calling etc...

But i agree with you make CBA is terrible - I do think they are directly responsible for increase in injuries as well. GOd danm them.

"At the end of the day, if we have to cross that bridge when we get there, we'll cross that bridge when we get there," Bell said. "I'm saying right now, the way I feel today, when that tweet went out, that's how I feel.

Translation:  Nothing to see here.  I'm just running my mouth

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Both are banned stubstances.    When they tst you for weed, they test yu for all banned  stubstances.  Just like in the real world

They can test for weed by having the player pee in a cup. PED test requires blood. Bell has a history of weed and DUI but never PED's.

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Lol if you think Brady is on HGH. Also lol if you think it'd make even a fraction of a difference outside of injuries healing (which should be permitted, IMO). 

I'm all for hating Brady, but let's at least be realistic. 

In what world do you think anyone actually believes that Brady hasn't taken HGH his entire career? And how do you figure injuries don't affect performance? 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I wonder why repeated violations of the substance abuse policy resulting in suspensions might lead to a higher frequency of testing for substance abuses....:-k

Does Bell have any actual knowledge of the differences between testing "for HGH" and plain old drug testing?  Seems the process "needle, draw blood" is the same.

/shrug

Because marijuana isn't reliably tested in blood tests. It lasts in the blood for 12 - 24 hours and even if you're high as a kite, the tests still aren't accurate. Pot tests are urine samples, or hair on some occasions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

where do you get this idea from, I wonder.

(lab scientist here)

I'm not a scientist. Name one player that's failed in the 4-5 years of testing. I'd bet half are taking HGH. If you got some info I'm wrong on I'll listen to it. I'm basing my position on them drawing blood for no reason, and 5 times being a bit ludicrous. I accept you know better than me if you do this for a living 

5 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Also, what does Bell's history with marijuana have to do with HGH testing?

Thank you. 

If it was illicit drugs you can point to his former bust and blame him for making himself a target, regardless of your opinion on smoking weed, I happen to think testing for weed is dumb but whatever

The fact that it’s PEDs...which he’s never tested positive for is beyond excessive and he’s being singled out for no reason whatsoever....I’m with Lev on this one....F the NFL and their BS! 

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Because marijuana isn't reliably tested in blood tests. It lasts in the blood for 12 - 24 hours and even if you're high as a kite, the tests still aren't accurate. Pot tests are urine samples, or hair on some occasions.

Apparently it's ME who knows nothing about drug testing.

16 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I'm not a scientist. Name one player that's failed in the 4-5 years of testing. I'd bet half are taking HGH. .............. I accept you know better than me if you do this for a living 

you mentioned something specific about there being no baseline for HGH or something. that is patently false.

do have any idea how extensive the banned substances list is? ( I know you don't or why else would you make a silly assumption that the ONLY analyte is HGH- I just know its extensive and just looked it up. It's 7 pages long.)

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/Active Players/wellness/2019 Banned Substances List.pdf

People often talk about ish they know nothing about. This is a perfect example.

The current agreement says every single player at least once  and any one player up to 6 times.

Thats the contract. "Dirty needles" is the comment of an ignorant person. That's all.