JetNation

Pair of Surging D-Linemen has Jets 2018 Draft Class Looking up

Folorun-stopper

• Upvote 1

Goes to show it’s not very good value using a 3rd pick on a DT.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

this is good.  they're young and maybe can be trade bait.  and if they stay with the jets the only vets around to give them bad habits are mcclendon and anderson and those guys seem to be pretty self motivated.  it made it that much easier to move leo.

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its actually astounding that we were able to get a 3rd and what will be a 4th round pick for Leo.  We can easily find a decent guard or developmental OT in the 3rd round.

Yep. No brainer trade.  Phillips  has been solid too.  Great compensation for Leo in a deep draft with positions we need. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

They make moving on from Leo easy.  

Great move by Douglas trading Leo for a 3rd and probably a 4th (if Giants sign him) and saving big dollars Leo would have demanded. Now if he can get a 1st this year and 1st next year or a 1st and a 2nd this year for Adams he might be able to rebuild the OL in one season.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 2

59 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Wait...you mean you can find effective DT's NOT in the first round of the NFL draft?

I opened this thread with the intent to say something positive about Mike Maccagnan but then I read this post and said “f*ck it. F*ck it all to hell.”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I opened this thread with the intent to say something positive about Mike Maccagnan but then I read this post and said “f*ck it. F*ck it all to hell.”

BS. You got an IQ above room temperature. You where never going to complement Mac

Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

BS. You got an IQ above room temperature. You where never going to complement Mac

I’m turning over a new leaf.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I opened it seeing your name and figured you used it to bash Adams. 

• Upvote 1

Well I guess we can thank Mac for having the best running defense in a passing league - lol. We had all these D-Lineman in the pipeline and then he goes and drafts Q. At least Mac was relentless at something - drafting D Lineman - when the league is set up for passing. Do we even need Q ? I would say Yes but if someone offered the 3rd pick in next draft for him I would think it be a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

This years draft class will be his Pièce de résistance.

Q will be a stud (don't believe the lunatics), Austin will Bless us, Cashman's gonna be a player, Wesco is coming on, Chuma will be alright at his natural position instead of being forced to play LT..  Sure all the irrational will whine about is Polite but if Macc hit on 5 out of 6 he left a nice little sumpin sumpin for JD.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

They make moving on from Leo easy.  

It wasn’t already?

41 minutes ago, Pac said:

Q will be a stud (don't believe the lunatics), Austin will Bless us, Cashman's gonna be a player, Wesco is coming on, Chuma will be alright at his natural position instead of being forced to play LT..  Sure all the irrational will whine about is Polite but if Macc hit on 5 out of 6 he left a nice little sumpin sumpin for JD.

I’m still a QW believer f the haters 

Howeve I’d be ok with trading QW for a first in next year's draft.  Shep, McClendon and Anderson is serviceable next couple of years

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m still a QW believer f the haters 

Howeve I’d be ok with trading QW for a first in next year's draft.  Shep, McClendon and Anderson is serviceable next couple of years

Q is going to be a stud.  He's a 21 year old recovering from a high ankle sprain and he still has some baby fat to shed.  Much in the way Shep and Foley have improved in their 2nd year so will Q..  except in Q's case his ceiling is much higher.

No way in hell JD trades Q before seeing what he becomes.  Trading him for a 1st rounder then watching him become an all pro for another team would be an all time blunder.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Q is going to be a stud.  He's a 21 year old recovering from a high ankle sprain and he still has some baby fat to shed.  Much in the way Shep and Foley have improved in their 2nd year so will Q..  except in Q's case his ceiling is much higher.

No way in hell JD trades Q before seeing what he becomes.  Trading him for a 1st rounder then watching him become an all pro for another team would be an all time blunder.

I agree that Q will be a stud but our roster is pure Swiss cheese right now and we don’t need interior DL

Besides OL we need 2 WRs, a legit #1 CB, legit nickel back, 2 OLBs

Mac just did a number on this franchise

Just now, Philc1 said:

I agree that Q will be a stud but out roster is pure Swiss cheese right now and we don’t need interior DL

Besides OL we need 2 WRs, a legit #1 CB, legit nickel back, 2 OLBs

Williams likes to rotate a lot of people on the line.  They already traded Leo and got a decent return.  No chance you trade Q.

Poole is a legit nickel...  As for OLB JD will decide whether or not to keep Avery but it's not like people don't come back and play well off ACL's.

Lets see what JD does this off season.  I think the team simply getting healthy and gaining continuity by playing together will go a long way.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Williams likes to rotate a lot of people on the line.  They already traded Leo and got a decent return.  No chance you trade Q.

Poole is a legit nickel...  As for OLB JD will decide whether or not to keep Avery but it's not like people don't come back and play well off ACL's.

Lets see what JD does this off season.  I think the team simply getting healthy and gaining continuity by playing together will go a long way.

We’re gonna pull out all stops to sign Scherff since I doubt the redskins franchise tag him so he hits the open market

If we sign Scherff, Shaq Barrett and a WR it fixed a lot of problems on the roster but we won’t gave much left in cap space 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Normal reaction to a mccagnan draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pac said:

That is ironic but I hope it happens.

It’s why the Quinnen Williams pick was even more stupid, and why Josh Allen would have helped transform this unit.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s why the Quinnen Williams pick was even more stupid, and why Josh Allen would have helped transform this unit.

He takes Josh Allen & Jets sign Barrett, Jets would have been complete up front. Ugh. And I truly believe QW will become a beast over the next 3 years. 

11 hours ago, Pac said:

he left a nice little sumpin sumpin for JD.

1. Kelvin Beachum 66 grade 

2. Brandon Shell 64 grade 

3. Brian Winters 63 grade 

5. Kelechi Osemele 58 grade 

7. Jonathan Harrison 55 grade

8. Chuma Edoga 48 grade 

11 hours ago, Pac said:

he left a nice little sumpin sumpin for JD.

TEAM PASS RK
DEF
NYJ 12.90% 21