Pair of Surging D-Linemen has Jets 2018 Draft Class Looking up

11 hours ago, Pac said:

Macc hit on 5 out of 6 he left a nice little sumpin sumpin for JD.

Player          Team           DYAR      Rk        YAR         Rk        DVOA       Rk

R.Anderson NYJ 18 56 -13 59 -8.5% 56

Injured Reserve

Name Cap Number
Trumaine Johnson $12,000,000

Quincy Enunwa $2,800,000

TOTAL $48,459,653
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Pac said:

he left a nice little sumpin sumpin for JD.

Contracted Players

Player
(53 total)
Base Salary
(Guaranteed)
Bonuses Cap
Number

Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Prorated Roster Workout Other
C.J. Mosley $1,000,000
$11,500,000
$1,500,000 $10,500,000 $0 $0 $13,000,000  
$43,000,000
($30,000,000)
Kelvin Beachum $8,000,000 $1,500,000 $0 $0 $0 $9,500,000  
$1,500,000
$8,000,000
Le'Veon Bell $2,000,000
$6,000,000
$2,000,000 $4,500,000 $0 $500,000 $8,968,750  
$27,000,000
($18,031,250)
11 hours ago, Pac said:

2019 NFL OFFENSIVE LINE RATINGS

Rank Team Adj. Line RB Power Power Stuffed Stuffed 2nd Level 2nd Level Open Field Open Field Team Rank Sacks Adjusted
Yards Yards Success Rank Rank Yards Rank Yards Rank Sack Rate
29 NYJ 3.61 3.28 75% 2 22% 25 0.87 31 0.2 31 NYJ 31 41 11.10%
15 hours ago, Pac said:

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Read somewhere that his [Le'Veon Bell's] average yards to first contact is something crazy stupid like 0.3. By far the lowest in the league.

He doesn't have a chance.

15 hours ago, Pac said:

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

In a way even the better/best ones in this group are inflated because they're all subpar. 

Take a particular play where Beachum would have given up a sack after 2.8 seconds. Except he had the benefit, on that play, of Kalil giving up a sack - or causing Darnold to get flushed out wide right - after just 1.5 seconds. In terms of getting graded on that play, Beachum comes out with a better (if not an outright good/perfect) grade not because he did or would have done well, but rather because someone else was even worse. 

When you have a couple of train wrecks like Kalil & Edoga, it indirectly benefits the PFF grades of everyone else on the line not named Kalil or Edoga. Put Beachum on a line with 4 good starters and his grade would necessarily drop even if his level of play is unchanged. 

Shepherd has looked much faster the past few weeks. It’s good to see. I spent many posts last year and this training camp defending him and I’m happy it’s looking up.

It was still a bad pick after trading so much to grab a QB as OL or WR was the smart move there, but I would still prefer for Shepherd abd Fatukasi to make the team and have an impact than for them to be gone in a year or two.

A DT should never be taken in the first RD again and I will never be happy with that move unless it’s the only hole on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Shepherd and Fatukasi turning into legit longterm pieces would help a lot, but the combination of the Enunwa contract and total lack of resources put into the OL (after drafting a QB #3 overall) will always ensure that Macc’a legacy is doodoo 

18 hours ago, JetNation said:

According to pro football focus, Fatukasi is the third-highest graded interior defensive lineman in the entire NFL over the past six weeks.

.@PFF's top-graded defensive linemen since Week 6:

1. Aaron Donald
2. Calais Campbell
3. Foley Fatukasi

detail-Why IN THE LAST WEEKS??

I mean, the weeks before don't count? Or is this something PFF does regularly so as to focus on the most recent samples?? I recollect that a similar stat was posted about Darnolds last 4 games last year, no? Like he was highest rated passer over last 4. or was it 6? 

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

He takes Josh Allen & Jets sign Barrett, Jets would have been complete up front. Ugh. And I truly believe QW will become a beast over the next 3 years. 

Wonderful, check back in when he takes over a game, or makes a game changing play. At the moment he looks like a famous character from an H.G Well novel.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wonderful, check back in when he takes over a game, or makes a game changing play. At the moment he looks like a famous character from an H.G Well novel.

Go check Warren Sapps 1st year stats. It takes time to learn to play inside in the NFL, different game than these guys were use to in College. I think your wrong about QW & we will see. I'll own up to it if he busts, I just haven't seen too many HOFers their 1st year in the league. Edge guys make more of a splash sometimes depending on if they're on a loaded defense. '

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m still a QW believer f the haters 

Howeve I’d be ok with trading QW for a first in next year's draft.  Shep, McClendon and Anderson is serviceable next couple of years

You forgot folorunso fatukasi. Over the last 6 weeks he is ranking third among defensive tackles in the whole NFL behind Donald in Campbell

• Upvote 2