Spygate 2.0? Twitter blames Patriots Bill Belchick after man caught watching Cowboys practice from roof top

joewilly12

NFL rumors: Spygate 2.0? Twitter blames Patriots’ Bill Belichick after man caught watching Cowboys practice from rooftop

Updated 2:34 PM;Today 2:15 PM 
Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski

AP

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick walks on the field during an NFL football practice, Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019, in Foxborough, Mass. 

Here we go again! Well, maybe not, but it makes for a fun story.

The NFL and Twitter are buzzing Thursday after a man was spotted on the roof of The Star in Arlington, watching the Dallas Cowboys practice for Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last 12 years, then you probably remember that the Patriots and head coach Bill Belichickwere busted by the league for Spygate in 2007, with then-New York Jetshead coach (and former Belichick assistant) Eric Mangini dropping a dime on New England.

The league eventually punished the Patriots for videotaping Jets defensive coaches during a game on Sept. 9, 2007. Belichick was slapped with a $500,000 fine. The NFL also fined the team $250,000 and took away their first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Spygate is one of several controversies to follow the Patriots through their two-decade dominance of the NFL. The Rams claimed the Patriots taped St. Louis’ walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI (which New England won, 20-17).

Deflategate forced quarterback Tom Brady to serve a four-game suspension in 2016, after allegedly tampering with the air pressure in footballs during the 2015 AFC Championship Game (which New England won, 45-17).

Owner Robert Kraft was caught in a sex sting earlier this year and charged with soliciting prostitution. Authorities say Kraft was busted for being pleasured the morning of the 2019 AFC Championship Game(which New England won, 37-31).

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

It is my belief that what we know for sure abut the level of pats cheating is the tip of the ice burg.  The coach to player communications going out, the game plans being known.

It's like a serial drunk driver, for every time a guy or gal gets caught they have done it 20 times or more.

The pats legacy is cheating.

Same as armed robbery.  One of the reasons there is lots of prison time that goes with it much of the time.  The guy already did 1,000 of them before being caught.

That’s who the Patriots are like in a football sense, armed robbers, fu*kin QB who not only throws a ball 20 yards farther than he did 20 years ago but even looks younger than he did 20 years ago hahaha, little white guys who now look like Incredible Hulks and nothing like the day they were drafted, all the way up to their creepy billionaire owner who gets chauffeur driven to filthy strip malls to get “serviced”.

My apologies if I’m “sugarcoating” the situation. Haha.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This picture AND the snowplow are both at the Hall at Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium.

Not only do they cheat in Boston, they revere the cheating and the cheaters involved.  It goes back decades to when Red Auerbach would have people set off fire alarms at 3 AM at opposing teams' hotels.  It's part of the culture.  

I know, their proud of their cheating. I was going to post the picture of it in their “hALl oF fAmE”

A6B24799-53A7-4A36-AF48-6DC773B9A800.jpeg

AD95E00A-42C5-4050-818F-CEB4CDC57DCE.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It is my belief that what we know for sure abut the level of pats cheating is the tip of the ice burg.  The coach to player communications going out, the game plans being known.

It's like a serial drunk driver, for every time a guy or gal gets caught they have done it 20 times or more.

It is a disgrace!!

And has hurt my love of football!!

If that’s true, ole’ belly’s slipping. A few years ago, he would never have had him on the roof where’s he’s easily exposed and can’t use equipment to get a better picture. 

He’d had have had Kraft rent out the entire top floor of that building and had high tech surveillance equipment set up translating the data and feeding directly into Ernie’s alteryx. Infrequently, a malnourished asian woman would enter the corner room, Orbison’s “In Dreams” would begin playing. 29 seconds later the music would turn off and the woman would exit. At the end of practice, Ernie puts on a Jets cap and sunglasses, leaves with his laptop. A few people with “Jets Media” tags would enter and breakdown the equipment, pack up and leave. 45 minutes later, Kraft would emerge from the corner room; velvet robe on, $25 lighter.  

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The NFL is trying to promote Belicheat as one of the top 100 head coaches of all time.

The NFL just ignores all the CHEATING - bunch of BS, and the sad part is that he's good enough without cheating but he just can't help himself, like an alcoholic.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Was the guy caught? Does anybody know who he actually is? I can’t imagine a situation where this guy gets up there and then down without a single security guard or executive catching him. Just wow. 

I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation 

E8640481-C8CA-4E93-9C8C-ECDFD931346D.thumb.jpeg.2f547cce45554d60002a22d3a56700f4.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

The Pats don't need some guy standing on a roof taping practice - are u kidding me? First of all they probably have their own secret satellite in orbit so they can watch any outside practice by any team. Also they probably have a hidden set of micro cameras in every closed stadium and practice facility - its just not that hard to do in todays high tech world. Then once all the oppositions practices are taped the Pats have an editor clean up the tape so Belicheat sees what he needs to see. Billion dollar businesses - does anyone think the Pats wouldn't stoop to these levels and more?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This picture AND the snowplow are both at the Hall at Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium.

Not only do they cheat in Boston, they revere the cheating and the cheaters involved.  It goes back decades to when Red Auerbach would have people set off fire alarms at 3 AM at opposing teams' hotels.  It's part of the culture.  

Revere. Boston. Well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Calvin Watkins

Earlier today we saw someone on the roof at Cowboys practice.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

I'm a little confused...so the guy on the roof is supposedly illegally watching/filming a practice that is open to reporters who are allowed to film and take pictures of the practice? 

After Spygate, the Patridiots were calling Mangini, every name under the sun.

First of all, he never reported it, he was too busy coaching.  It was reported by a security person

And if he did, the Jets were his team.

2014 AFCE Championship Ring

Pats 2014 AFC Champ Ring.jpg