Giants' Saquon Barkley VOWS to 'just ball and have fun'

jetstream23

1496934691_ScreenShot2019-11-21at1_52_48PM.png.7d60861e62c68b52a5eefba0482a29d6.png

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley spent part of his bye week reviewing film and wasn't happy with what he saw.

He didn't see the version of himself that he would've liked.

Barkley, who said he's feeling better after the extra week of rest, vowed to be truer to himself over the final six weeks of the season. That means being the running back who has fun and makes defenders miss, even if it's at the line of scrimmage and conventional wisdom says he should charge at the hole for a minimal gain.

"That is who I am and that is what I'm getting back to these last six weeks," Barkley said heading into Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears. "I'm going to go out there and just ball and have fun and go out there with my brothers and whatever happens, happens. I'm not going to worry if, 'he's hitting it too much or if he's not, he's not doing this or doing that.'

"There is a reason why I got drafted here. There is a reason why I'm one of the best running backs in the league. And I'm just going to go out there and do what I do."

(full article here -> https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28131628/giants-saquon-barkley-vows-just-ball-fun )

I am posting this for no other reason than to point out how the media takes liberties with headlines and article titles.  Did Barkley truly "vow" to 'just ball and have fun'?  Like...with a hand on the Bible?  If you read the article he says, "I'm going to go out there and just ball and have fun.....".  But did he vow to do it?  Why isn't the article titled, "Giants' Saquon Barkley plans/wants/says he'll ball and have fun" ?

1658691671_ScreenShot2019-11-21at1_57_07PM.png.cde4b09ab67e470a55472e1ae5cc8e1c.png

I'd like to see Mike Francesa call out Saquon Barkley next Monday if it doesn't look like Barkley was balling or having fun out there.  I want him to be like, "Soo Bawkley...dees guy...was he really balling out?  I mean, my eyes tell me he wasn't and my sauces say he wasn't having fun either.  Now...just the other day....dees guy solemnly promised to ball out and have fun.  How do you solemnly promise to ball out and then you don't ball out?  I don't know.  Maybe the league looks into this."

(And yes, I fully recognize that this is probably the least valuable thread you'll read this week....but stuff like this obviously irks me.  So I had to say something....and you guys are here...so there's that.  Carry on.)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

NFL has been getting softer and softer if that's at all possible. Next he will tell us he is going to fluff his vag.

When a guy, whose game has not been up to par, says he’s “just going to go out and have fun”, most of the time it’s because he KNOWS his game is slipping.

The Giants should really hope, for their sake, that Barkley is still injured, because although they have an OL almost as horrific as the Jets, there is no explosion when Barkley touches the ball, he looks like a totally different back.

And if this continues it’s more EVIDENCE to why you don’t draft RBs that high just as you should not draft DTs that high.

Also, by the time the Giants have a competitive team put together (then again it’s possible they have another 20-25 YEARS wandering in the darkness, for younger fans, yeah that happened, before Bill Parcells became their coach, Giants had a longer run in futility than the Jets ever had, they had planes flying too), say in 3 years, Barkley might be finished as a top echelon back.

He is who he is, he did his usual game vs the jets except he did not get his 70 yard play.  He was like that in college. Tons of stops behind the line and short gains and then a couple huge plays.  He has also had his injuries, all the reasons why it wad a dumb pick.  He is not a chain mover like zeke.

High ankle sprain, which is what I think Barkley’s been dealing with, is a really bad injury for a RB. That’s what ended Curtis Martin’s career. Not saying it’s the same situation at all, just saying that it’s supposed to be painful and very limiting for a RB.

If Barkey’s still hurt, the Giants should consider shutting him down for the rest of the year.