Brandon Shell

12 hours ago, #90 said:

The guy is not bad. I think probably the 2nd or 3rd best ol. Why does google eyes sit him? Edoga SUCKS!

Shell was in there last week.  I don't thing Edoga will make it on the outside.  They should try Edoga out on the interior and see if he can be developed that way.  

• Upvote 2

While I was surprised he was inactive, it was smart to give Edoga some time at RT this year given this is essentially a lost season. Not only does it help the team evaluate Edoga and give him good reps, but it also drives down Shell’s value if we choose to sign him in FA. 

That being said there is no reason we should rush a hurt Edoga into the lineup this week. Shell is just as good if not better, Edoga playing hurt puts Sam at risk and Edoga could also benefit from a game on the sideline to relax and collect himself before the end of the year when he hopefully gets a few more starts. 

Hopefulky Beachem is back at LT and we give Edoga a much needed break this week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I expect Edoga to get beaten a decent amount as a rookie. I like that the coaches put him out there to see what they have.

i think Edoga may work out as a Tackle next year IF he puts the work in, but he’d have to mature and fully commit himself and his scouting report out of college said he may not be mentally/emotionally built to do that. He’s a smart guy who has gone through a hellish life but I don’t know if he’ll embrace the grind.

However he has value as a backup swing tackle on a rookie contract in the worst case scenario

• Upvote 1

Just now, David Harris said:

I expect Edoga to get beaten a decent amount as a rookie. I like that the coaches put him out there to see what they have.

i think Edoga may work out as a Tackle next year IF he puts the work in, but he’d have to mature and fully commit himself and his scouting report out of college said he may not be mentally/emotionally built to do that. He’s a smart guy who has gone through a hellish life but I don’t know if he’ll embrace the grind.

However he has value as a backup swing tackle on a rookie contract in the worst case scenario

26 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The next Ijalana for us I think.  That's not a bad thing to have on the bench.  Edoga getting some experience and being able to backup multiple spots will have value on this team.

• Upvote 2

While I was surprised he was inactive, it was smart to give Edoga some time at RT this year given this is essentially a lost season. Not only does it help the team evaluate Edoga and give him good reps, but it also drives down Shell’s value if we choose to sign him in FA. 
That being said there is no reason we should rush a hurt Edoga into the lineup this week. Shell is just as good if not better, Edoga playing hurt puts Sam at risk and Edoga could also benefit from a game on the sideline to relax and collect himself before the end of the year when he hopefully gets a few more starts. 
Hopefulky Beachem is back at LT and we give Edoga a much needed break this week. 

Our entire line should (outside of Kalil) be resigned. As the second and third string. If any one of them wants starter money let them go. It could be nice to have Shell, Beachum, Winters, Harrison and Lewis waiting on the bench. Edoga is a young Kid who has boat loads of potential. His story is not written and he’s played well and had tough games this season. They were all good reps from an experience standpoint. The rest will do him some good imo.

We need to use 2 of our top 3 picks on OL and the other on WR. I could stand to see a FA brought in but I want a youth movement. Draft and Sign a batch of guys that will be here 4-5 yrs on their rookie contracts to give Sam some damned cohesion.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app