Jump to content
jetsons

Khalil Mack is Great but...

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Mayock killed it in his first draft with the Raiders.   

I always wondered why none of these draft experts worked for an nfl team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I always wondered why none of these draft experts worked for an nfl team

Actually a lot have.  There are guys who have worked for teams in the past as scouts and in the player personnel departments.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Mayock killed it in his first draft with the Raiders.   

Find guys who enjoy playing football. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Find guys who enjoy playing football. 

And have the physical traits and measurables to do so at a high level.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a couple of posters that were extremely high on Crosby. I can’t remember who they were but obviously they knew something we didn’t. I don’t think I’ve ever watched eastern Michigan play 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This was Crosby’s combine. Maccagnan drafted Jachai Polite and Chuma Edoga instead. 
 

3B485239-5923-4849-94E1-CE1870372B04.png

Chuma was the #1 ranked pass protector by PFF. Let’s ignore the fact that 2/3 of Mayock first round picks have been invisible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whew I feel so much better about Edoga now and I’ll look at his embarrassing struggles in a different light moving forward 

He should have sat out this season. Never looked physically ready for the NFL and always felt he was a long term project - He was extremely raw. Too early to write him off - Not an easy position to adapt to at the best of times and our line is certainly not having the best of times.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mac is a legendarily bad drafter even his good picks like Herndon he’s MIA this year

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty high on this guy as well as  Chase Winovich.  We had a choice between those two and Polite, so of course we picked Polite..  Now they're both on track for 10+ sacks this season.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This was Crosby’s combine. Maccagnan drafted Jachai Polite and Chuma Edoga instead. 
 

3B485239-5923-4849-94E1-CE1870372B04.png

Define wingspan? I don't get how he can be in the upper percentile on wingspan but lower in arm length?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Define wingspan? I don't get how he can be in the upper percentile on wingspan but lower in arm length?

Wide torso

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Chuma was the #1 ranked pass protector by PFF. Let’s ignore the fact that 2/3 of Mayock first round picks have been invisible.

Yea first pick Strong safety  J Abram Hurt his shoulder In week one , and was placed on Ir for the season. ( only reason he’s been invisible , as he was a big loss for their defense).

Second M Crosby 6.5  sacks ( Salt) and Ferrell 3.5 sacks  ( Pepper ) have given the Raiders excellent production from their two rookie De’s.    C Ferrell was a perfect fit for what Guenther was looking for his defense.   He might never be double digit sack artist , as they were looking for all round De.( can play both the run, and give some pass rush) .   Not a guy who was just a pass rushing specialist.
 

Two things have hampered C Ferrell development .  The Raiders to get as many of their best pass rushers on the field together, they have asked Ferrell to play Dt .( on the passing downs).    Also during the trip to England Ferrell caught some kind of bug and lost about twenty pounds, and his strength.     Ferrell play has really improved big time the last couple weeks as he’s playing De exclusively, and he finally back to his normal weight.( strength has returned) .

This is the thing they not only hit on the draft , but they were excellent in the undrafted Fa market too.   Let’s See Fb Alec Ingold might be the best fullback in the NFL.  Found their backup Center, and eventually replacement for R Hudson - Andre James.       Found their punter A.J. Cole .    Found a Wr for their future K Doss.   Cb K Nixon is a nice looking cb whose been getting more playing time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Define wingspan? I don't get how he can be in the upper percentile on wingspan but lower in arm length?

Wingspan is going to include the width of the cheat as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Mayock killed it in his first draft with the Raiders.   

I remember when everyone was killing him after the draft. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Mayock killed it in his first draft with the Raiders.   

Weren't the Jets supposedly talking to Jeremiah ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wingspan is going to include the width of the cheat as well. 

This explains why the Patriots put a heavy emphasis on wingspan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Whew I feel so much better about Edoga now and I’ll look at his embarrassing struggles in a different light moving forward 

Your point was that Mac ignores the “data” and passed on Crosby. I’m telling you that he actually went with data on the OL pick at that spot. So your point is dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He should have sat out this season. Never looked physically ready for the NFL and always felt he was a long term project - He was extremely raw. Too early to write him off - Not an easy position to adapt to at the best of times and our line is certainly not having the best of times.

 

This is the best thing we can hope for.

Not that he doesn't look like dogcrap this year also, but for 2-3 years Winters was at least average/serviceable (i.e. if he was our biggest problem it'd likely have meant our line was pretty solid overall). But hey, remember BW's rookie year? Train wreck. His second year wasn't demonstrably better, if it was any better at all, before he got yanked for friggin' Aboushi. But by year 3 when he filled in for Colon, while he still was hardly awesome, Winters was nowhere near the liability he was in his first 2 seasons, just like Edoga is so far. 

Problem is we know that guys who start out this poorly more often go on to become career stiffs or at best those who only have real value as backups (like somewhat recent - sorry you have to go pre-Macc - day 2 picks like Aboushi, Ducasse, etc.). 

Well we can hope. Maybe this offseason he'll have a clearer idea of what he has to work on at this level and/or in this scheme; training he can't fully focus on when his weekly focus are his upcoming assignments. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yea first pick Strong safety  J Abram Hurt his shoulder In week one , and was placed on Ir for the season. ( only reason he’s been invisible , as he was a big loss for their defense).

Second M Crosby 6.5  sacks ( Salt) and Ferrell 3.5 sacks  ( Pepper ) have given the Raiders excellent production from their two rookie De’s.    C Ferrell was a perfect fit for what Guenther was looking for his defense.   He might never be double digit sack artist , as they were looking for all round De.( can play both the run, and give some pass rush) .   Not a guy who was just a pass rushing specialist.
 

Two things have hampered C Ferrell development .  The Raiders to get as many of their best pass rushers on the field together, they have asked Ferrell to play Dt .( on the passing downs).    Also during the trip to England Ferrell caught some kind of bug and lost about twenty pounds, and his strength.     Ferrell play has really improved big time the last couple weeks as he’s playing De exclusively, and he finally back to his normal weight.( strength has returned) .

This is the thing they not only hit on the draft , but they were excellent in the undrafted Fa market too.   Let’s See Fb Alec Ingold might be the best fullback in the NFL.  Found their backup Center, and eventually replacement for R Hudson - Andre James.       Found their punter A.J. Cole .    Found a Wr for their future K Doss.   Cb K Nixon is a nice looking cb whose been getting more playing time.

So your “hard hitting” safety that also embarrassed himself on hard Knox can’t take a hit. Until he gets on the field he’s a bust. Ferrell has been totally invisible all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're playing the Raiders this week.  

So what the of comparison maxx and Khalil got to do with that ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoop24 said:

So what the of comparison maxx and Khalil got to do with that ? 

Why does it bother you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does it bother you?

I’m never bothered . Just found it interesting  considering this is jets board . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m never bothered . Just found it interesting  considering this is jets board . 

It shows that a smart team turned a high value asset into a variety of other assets and made a great mid round pick for an edge rusher who is producing.

All the things the Jets have epically failed at over the last decade.

It is relevant to look at teams who are doing it right.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...