TNJet

Bring Back the Classic Unis

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

51-D3-ED77-48-B5-45-E5-A7-CB-362-D73074-

SAR I

Joe Namath looks terrible in that uniform. 

joewilly12 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I hate the leg and shoulder swoosh, I'm sorry. I loved the shoulder sleeves and double stripes we had. All that needed to be done was change the green to the current green. Then bam, perfect uni.

The green is too bright and neon like. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Need someone to photoshop the old unis with current green. I bet it looks hot..

Nope the green is too bright and neon like. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

These bad boys are here for at least 4 more seasons, so get used to them. Minor tweaks can happen but nothing major every 5 years. I can assure you the shoulder stripes will be changed though, they are universally despised from younger fans to UniWatch. 

"Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than onceevery five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner."

1  almost down 4 to go, the merchandise is not selling my neighbor knows people who work for Dick's Sporting Goods corporate and they say NY Jets merchandise sales down. Stock in stores not moving. The local Kohl's I go to has the same stock its had since the beginning of the season. The color is terrible and so is the design. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Anybody who wants to turn back the clock to the old uniforms should be forced to read their Jets news in a newspaper and watch games in black-and-white.

And those that don't need to be jettisoned into space to root for the futuristic NY Jets. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

Yeah lets not go back to the look that we had when we won a SB. Or the greats of Namath, Maynard, Snell, Boozer, Riggins, Klecko, Chrebet, Testaverde, Revis, or Pennington wore....

Regardless if we win a Super Bowl in this stuff won't change my feelings for it. 

• Upvote 2

The Colts uniforms last night on national TV looked great, simple and classic. 

The NY Jets prior uniforms were similar. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Good to hear it isnt selling. Cringey all around. Black uniforms, winged shoulder pads like it's the 90's. Weird italicized New York across the chest. Why? 

Not selling no lie heard it from the largest sporting goods store in the area corporate employees. 

Actual words it looked like this new NY Jets uniform change backfired. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, TNJet said:

No doubt but couldn't it be because we suck too??

Nope they said old stuff sold regardless of the situation. 

The color is hideous in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I'd rather the Jets focus on changing their players rather than changing their uniforms again.

These are here to stay for a while...

jjpxpeerjtruoczvxvxf.jpg.gif.e775aeebeeecd9eb1484173c77ca261c.gif

1009579842_ScreenShot2019-04-04at9_22_09PM.png.731c108dc06988951a3439d7da6f57cc.png

Darnold looks like he has a t-shirt on.  The lightning bolts/slashes are terrible. 

Nothing corresponds to eachother,jersey,pants helmet. 

The black looks the best because it hides. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Picture of us 50 years from now watching the Jets miss the playoffs again...

gettyimages-10188411-612x612.jpg

Is that Leon Hess

Image result for leon hess pics
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TNJet said:

Lol great. Go Jets. By then they won't even be green anymore, probably gray and neon yellow or some crap.

No way FIRE MACCAGNAN thread was kept going lets keep this one going attract some attention.

• Upvote 1

My neighbor bought me a bunch of new old style stuff to repay me for a favor I did for him handling a home improvement project while he worked. 

There are at least 5 hats, t-shirts,hooded sweatshirt, decals in the box from NFL shop. 

Plus what I bought im good. 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m sure the deal is locked in for years and the nfl requires like 10 years before another change 

5 years posted earlier. 

Merchandise sales are down is my guess and from what I was told by Dick's Sporting Goods employees. 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

This is inevitable in a couple years so that Woody can juice merchandise sales again 

The current merchandise is not selling according to a credible source who works for possibly the largest sporting goods chain in the tri-state area. 

Said they barely stock anything in the stores because the little have doesn't sell and there are no demands for it. 

Just what I'm told. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

You know the team sucks right? 🤣

Said no matter the old stuff sold regardless. 

Take notice at the stadium more older jerseys than new. 

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

20 years of sales and two AFC title games VS 1 crappy year.

Just stop

I presented FACTS from people who work for Dicks Sporting goods based on early sales reports, don't like them too bad. 

Enjoy the game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Wow, surprising given Jets fan adoration for this team despite laughable mismanagement. But also good reason to switch back. Woody cares about profits. He is a business owner, not a team owner.

NFLshop is selling out of the old merchandise, I've been watching a few items. The new stuff and I have bought a few hats and shirts isn't as nice the green is very neon like in my opinion.  To each is own. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You have to love the people who buttfumble you because of what you like.  As if their opinions, clearly in the minority are more important than yours.  

Agree to each is own, personal preference is just that. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, 50,000 fans with jerseys bought over the last 20 years havent all been replaced by new uniforms?  Just as telling as some kids opinion who works ad a Dicks.  There are plenty of new uniforms worn at Jet games

Why has no one who wants to go back cite the poll here that had 65% or so liking the new uniforms.  

Not sales kids, corporate people. The merchandise has not sold as expected is what they said. I have no reason to lie or make up stuff I have no stake in the game. I buy what I like just like others. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We're having a horrible season.  Not racking up wins and some corporate pinhead blames sales on the shoulder stripes? 

All the top jerseys, any sport are made up of winning teams.  Winning translates to sales. 

They aren't blaming it on anything they really don't care. 

The discussion we had was #1 reason poor design and the color is what's being said in the industry. 

They said NY Jets merchandise always sold regardless of the product on the field this new design hasn't done as well as expected. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Even if your anecdotal statement is true, I suspect 1-7 teams dont get huge amounts of jersey sales in general, and some  of the new Jets jerseys were very high in sales in preseason. Overall I think more people like the new ones (it was like 2 to 1 in a poll here) that dont but there will always be a group that hates ANY change even if the new uniform was the greatest uniform ever. By all accounts, as an example, the Spanos family especially the wife HATES the powder blues and they are arguably the best uniform in the NFL.

Follow along if you're going to ridicule or judge.  No one has any stake in the game. The discussion took place at a party these people work for a large sporting goods distributor corporate level. We were discussing the NY Jets and merchandise. They had no reason to lie and neither do I. Whatever the reason its happening. They said NY Jets has always sold on-line and in the store this new merchandise is not selling either place and thats the reason there is low stock in the stores as there is no demand for it.  If the jerseys were all that great and longtime Jets fans had to have the new ones the sales would be better.  Sales on everything new hats,-shirts,sweatshirts are down. 

3 minutes ago, ECURB said:

They are Nike. The colors don't change the way Nike makes them...lol

They are complete garbage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Naw, take off the lame swoosh wing on the sleeves and pants, and bring back the classic sleeves and double stripes.

That would be an improvement in the right direction. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

The real authentic ones are decent if you like the design, you should see the knock off versions I saw one the other night and the swoosh/slashes didn't even line up. 

I will stick to the previous years versions until they make another change. 

Unless I get a good deal on one not buying it. 

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sales are down according to anecdotal anecdotes. It’s not even anecdotal evidence, it’s a story about a story.

Sales are down, I just got back from the local Modells needed to pick up a Christmas gift.  I was looking at the NY Jets merchandise some on sale and I asked the guy nearby who turned to to be a manager if the new Jets stuff was selling and his reply was it was not. They had a lot of shirts and jerseys soon to be a big % off he said. 

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A sale during Christmas time at the end of Football season... it can’t possibly be... also this is still anecdotal and barely passable as evidence.

Not the point still not selling as he said initially, but I guess you missed that. Racks are packed some with the new colors and NY not even the new Jets logo. Its not selling even the Salute to Service merchandise is available years past it was sold out. 

Go run and buy some, help the cause. 

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I understand, and I agree with you. that’s why I said “if what you said is true” to joewilly.

I have no reason to lie none whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company