TNJet

Bring Back the Classic Unis

I’m sure the deal is locked in for years and the nfl requires like 10 years before another change 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m sure the deal is locked in for years and the nfl requires like 10 years before another change 

5 years posted earlier. 

Merchandise sales are down is my guess and from what I was told by Dick's Sporting Goods employees. 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

We need to get past this one man. The new unis are here to stay.

Probably true.

• Like 1

They either should have done last year's uni's except with Kelly Green, or the 80s throwback.  The new unis are garbage (except for the white shirt/green pants look which is decent)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

The green is what I can stand. The design looks like a crappy AAFL team.

It looks like an updated version of the 80’s uniforms which I grew up with

I’d rather just have the 80’s uniforms back

I do however love the black and green uniforms 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Jets all whites with the white facemask/gloves/shoes etc. were tops. I'd kill for those to be our primary uniforms.

Image result for jets white face mask

Is it me, or does this look like Jamal is taking a deuce on the field?

• Haha 2

On 11/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, SAR I said:

51-D3-ED77-48-B5-45-E5-A7-CB-362-D73074-

SAR I

Honestly, that looks hideous, even on Namath.  And that should be the litmus test for Jets’ uniforms.  If Namath can't even make the jersey look cool then it's a thumbs down.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JTJet said:

These bad boys are here for at least 4 more seasons, so get used to them. Minor tweaks can happen but nothing major every 5 years. I can assure you the shoulder stripes will be changed though, they are universally despised from younger fans to UniWatch. 

"Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than onceevery five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner."

That is such a relief to hear.  

This is inevitable in a couple years so that Woody can juice merchandise sales again 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

This is inevitable in a couple years so that Woody can juice merchandise sales again 

The current merchandise is not selling according to a credible source who works for possibly the largest sporting goods chain in the tri-state area. 

Said they barely stock anything in the stores because the little have doesn't sell and there are no demands for it. 

Just what I'm told. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The current merchandise is not selling according to a credible source who works for possibly the largest sporting goods chain in the tri-state area. 

You know the team sucks right? 🤣

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

You know the team sucks right? 🤣

Said no matter the old stuff sold regardless. 

Take notice at the stadium more older jerseys than new. 

Love the new unis. I was so sick of the old ones honestly, especially the outdated logo on the helmet, the off color muted white, puke green, and stripes galore.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Said no matter the old stuff sold regardless. 

Take notice at the stadium more older jerseys than new. 

20 years of sales and two AFC title games VS 1 crappy year.

Just stop

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

20 years of sales and two AFC title games VS 1 crappy year.

Just stop

I presented FACTS from people who work for Dicks Sporting goods based on early sales reports, don't like them too bad. 

Enjoy the game. 

• Upvote 1

I wish they had incorporated more of the 78-89 throwbacks nto the green helmets  Those white ones are fine.  But I think the ones with the airline trim on the top over the "Jets" logo are dope as hell.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Said they barely stock anything in the stores because the little have doesn't sell and there are no demands for it. 

Just what I'm told. 

Wow, surprising given Jets fan adoration for this team despite laughable mismanagement. But also good reason to switch back. Woody cares about profits. He is a business owner, not a team owner.

Just now, jgb said:

Wow, surprising given Jets fan adoration for this team despite laughable mismanagement. But also good reason to switch back. Woody cares about profits. He is a business owner, not a team owner.

NFLshop is selling out of the old merchandise, I've been watching a few items. The new stuff and I have bought a few hats and shirts isn't as nice the green is very neon like in my opinion.  To each is own. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 3:49 PM, The Crimson King said:

now THAT makes me sad

I cant get over that knee brace, really makes me sad

On 11/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, HessStation said:

The new uniforms are actually pretty cool . Amazingly I actually gave the dipsh*t FO a nod for them not being horrible 

You have to love the people who buttfumble you because of what you like.  As if their opinions, clearly in the minority are more important than yours.  

• Upvote 1