Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rob123

The last 6 mean a lot

Recommended Posts

The holidays are coming and that means great football and many interesting stories for the Jets.  Really stop and think- so much in this new rebuild will hinge on the final 6 games.  There is a lot to watch these final 6 weeks and even if the Jets don't win another game I say this is one of the most interesting bad teams to watch.  Look at the possibilities all which will directly impact the rebuild.

If the Jets do not win another game or only win 1-2 more.  Here they will have a premium draft pick.  The Jets have many holes and Douglas is a first time GM.  This scenario likely means the Jets trade down for multiple picks.  The Jets could pick up at minimum an additional second and third rounder by trading  down in the first.  Douglas could have a first rounder, 2 second rounders and 3 third rounders.  The  Jets  could build a formidable line with this many picks in the first 3 rounds.

If the Jets go 3-4 games in their final 6, what I think is the most likely scenario, depending on how things shake out, they might not have a premium pick.  What I mean  is I don't think many teams will be looking to trade up from pick 16 to pick 9. They would not  get back what they would if they had the 4th or 5th pick.  The Jets have holes and want as many picks as possible.  Under these circumstances I think the Jets will look to make trades to stockpile picks which is where  things will get  interesting.  

If  the Jets  don't win games they can trade down and turn that  premium pick into multiple picks and address many holes. This is much easier on the Jets as they have their franchise QB and trading down brings more picks without giving up much.  6 or 7 wins gives them a mid round pick which means  they will have to trade players to get the desperately needed picks.  Who will be playing their final games for the Jets?

I don't think the Jets will trade Jamal Adams.  If a team offers 3 number 1s then they will but that will not happen.  The Jets are not trading him for a first and second rounder.  Quinnen Williams is a different story.  The Jets have talent at the  position already and if they can get a first and second rounder in return I think they will do it this off season. I believe the timing of the Maccagnan firing  and the state of the team is evidence everyone is aware it was a mistake not to draft players to aid in Darnold's development.  The Jets will prioritize Darnold now and need picks to do this.  I also think Bell will be a one and done if the Jets can get  a second rounder in return.

The Jet off season and future hinges on this next 6 weeks and it can go any number of ways- so this is an interesting team to watch.Other stories to watch include Quincy Enunwa.  Best wishes to him but if his career is over and Anderson is a FA do the Jets sign a veteran wide receiver to mentor a potential high draft pick.  If Anderson leaves and Enunwa retires, the Jets having Darnold, should be in the market for a free agent receiver.  Honestly, if the Browns cut Beckham he makes sense for the Jets  on paper.

So as the holidays approach remember the Jets  might not be going to the playoffs but they are still going to be very interesting over the next 6 to 8 months.

In the interest of covering all bases.  The Jets win out.  If  The Jets win out and make the playoffs then Adam Gase should be coach of the year. If the players on the roster all of a sudden turn into a playoff team then the Jets have to rehire McCagnan.  This is unlikely because as nice as the win streak has been the Jets have not shown they can beat competitive opponents.  I really do not think this will happen.

I also think Adam Gase is a non-story.  I do not think he will be fired unless he does something wrong  in his personal life.  He has only had one year, he has made the playoffs in the past as a HC, Sam Darnold loves him, he and Douglas are on the same page.  He won a power struggle with Maccagnan which means ownership knows the roster had holes, he dealt with injuries to Darnold and Mosley and there is no candidate out there banging on the Jets door.  I think Gase will get one more year and his security is not a story.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I wish Santa brought us a new Nick Mangold.

Or Nick Mangold brought us Santa. Either be an upgrade. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

The holidays are coming and that means great football and many interesting stories for the Jets.  Really stop and think- so much in this new rebuild will hinge on the final 6 games.  There is a lot to watch these final 6 weeks and even if the Jets don't win another game I say this is one of the most interesting bad teams to watch.  Look at the possibilities all which will directly impact the rebuild.

If the Jets do not win another game or only win 1-2 more.  Here they will have a premium draft pick.  The Jets have many holes and Douglas is a first time GM.  This scenario likely means the Jets trade down for multiple picks.  The Jets could pick up at minimum an additional second and third rounder by trading  down in the first.  Douglas could have a first rounder, 2 second rounders and 3 third rounders.  The  Jets  could build a formidable line with this many picks in the first 3 rounds.

If the Jets go 3-4 games in their final 6, what I think is the most likely scenario, depending on how things shake out, they might not have a premium pick.  What I mean  is I don't think many teams will be looking to trade up from pick 16 to pick 9. They would not  get back what they would if they had the 4th or 5th pick.  The Jets have holes and want as many picks as possible.  Under these circumstances I think the Jets will look to make trades to stockpile picks which is where  things will get  interesting.  

If  the Jets  don't win games they can trade down and turn that  premium pick into multiple picks and address many holes. This is much easier on the Jets as they have their franchise QB and trading down brings more picks without giving up much.  6 or 7 wins gives them a mid round pick which means  they will have to trade players to get the desperately needed picks.  Who will be playing their final games for the Jets?

I don't think the Jets will trade Jamal Adams.  If a team offers 3 number 1s then they will but that will not happen.  The Jets are not trading him for a first and second rounder.  Quinnen Williams is a different story.  The Jets have talent at the  position already and if they can get a first and second rounder in return I think they will do it this off season. I believe the timing of the Maccagnan firing  and the state of the team is evidence everyone is aware it was a mistake not to draft players to aid in Darnold's development.  The Jets will prioritize Darnold now and need picks to do this.  I also think Bell will be a one and done if the Jets can get  a second rounder in return.

The Jet off season and future hinges on this next 6 weeks and it can go any number of ways- so this is an interesting team to watch.Other stories to watch include Quincy Enunwa.  Best wishes to him but if his career is over and Anderson is a FA do the Jets sign a veteran wide receiver to mentor a potential high draft pick.  If Anderson leaves and Enunwa retires, the Jets having Darnold, should be in the market for a free agent receiver.  Honestly, if the Browns cut Beckham he makes sense for the Jets  on paper.

So as the holidays approach remember the Jets  might not be going to the playoffs but they are still going to be very interesting over the next 6 to 8 months.

In the interest of covering all bases.  The Jets win out.  If  The Jets win out and make the playoffs then Adam Gase should be coach of the year. If the players on the roster all of a sudden turn into a playoff team then the Jets have to rehire McCagnan.  This is unlikely because as nice as the win streak has been the Jets have not shown they can beat competitive opponents.  I really do not think this will happen.

I also think Adam Gase is a non-story.  I do not think he will be fired unless he does something wrong  in his personal life.  He has only had one year, he has made the playoffs in the past as a HC, Sam Darnold loves him, he and Douglas are on the same page.  He won a power struggle with Maccagnan which means ownership knows the roster had holes, he dealt with injuries to Darnold and Mosley and there is no candidate out there banging on the Jets door.  I think Gase will get one more year and his security is not a story.

The last 6 mean a lot

Counter Argument:  Do they, tho?

This team will almost assuredly be in full-rebuild mode this off-season.  Asst. coaches will be fired.  Players cut.  New players here.  Carryover simply isn't a real thing in the NFL, so even if Darnold (the only meaningful asset on offense) and the few players we might retain who are actually playing right now all play well, that won't have any real impact on 2020.

So, outside of injuries, do the last 6 really matter to our future?  I'd argue no, they really don't.  Outside our draft pick spot, of course.  Not saying I want to lose, but projecting these last 6 into something something in 2020 is, IMO, pure fantasy projection.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather win a few less games and draft a 10 year left tackle. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders: Brutal loss. Gruden and Carr won’t be surprised by safety blitzes, and Carr is completing 70% of his passes bedsides. It could get ugly against what is already a putrid Jets pass defense. Hopefully Darnold doesn’t puke on his shoes and at least keeps it close. Feels like a 27-17 game.

 

@Bengals: W. They suck so hard and are a living example of why you can’t be a bad franchise and fire respected coaches, because you end up with unqualified position coaches Peter Principled into roles they’re not ready for.

Dolphins: W. No Chuma, No Chance for the Fish. Edoga probably cost the Jets three TDs all by himself against the Dolphins, and now he’s on the bench. Should be a nice revenge game for Gase.

Ravens: OMGL Bloodletting. Lamar Jackson locks up the MVP in this game. 
 

@Bills: W. One of those feel-good wins that actually sucks because it pushes us to 6-10 and drops us to the tenth overall pick in the draft. Still, the Bills are a good team, and beating them would be a nice way to wrap up the year. And, at 10, you can draft a center and not freak anyone out.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Raiders: Brutal loss. Gruden and Carr won’t be surprised by safety blitzes, and Carr is completing 70% of his passes bedsides. It could get ugly against what is already a putrid Jets pass defense. Hopefully Darnold doesn’t puke on his shoes and at least keeps it close. Feels like a 27-17 game.

 

@Bengals: W. They suck so hard and are a living example of why you can’t be a bad franchise and fire respected coaches, because you end up with unqualified position coaches Peter Principled into roles they’re not ready for.

Dolphins: W. No Chuma, No Chance for the Fish. Edoga probably cost the Jets three TDs all by himself against the Dolphins, and now he’s on the bench. Should be a nice revenge game for Gase.

Ravens: OMGL Bloodletting. Lamar Jackson locks up the MVP in this game. 
 

@Bills: W. One of those feel-good wins that actually sucks because it pushes us to 6-10 and drops us to the tenth overall pick in the draft. Still, the Bills are a good team, and beating them would be a nice way to wrap up the year. And, at 10, you can draft a center and not freak anyone out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see us beating the Bills.  I see them kicking our asses, matter of fact.  Could just be cynicism.

In fairness, I also see us losing to the Phins....again.

Only win I see above is the Bengals, and even that won't be a blowout.  /Shrug

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see us beating the Bills.  I see them kicking our asses, matter of fact.  Could just be cynicism.

In fairness, I also see us losing to the Phins....again.

Only win I see above is the Bengals, and even that won't be a blowout.  /Shrug

The Bills could definitely kick our ass, but we’ve been splitting with them since Jim Kelly retired. I’m just playing the odds. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Raiders: Brutal loss. Gruden and Carr won’t be surprised by safety blitzes, and Carr is completing 70% of his passes bedsides. It could get ugly against what is already a putrid Jets pass defense. Hopefully Darnold doesn’t puke on his shoes and at least keeps it close. Feels like a 27-17 game.

 

@Bengals: W. They suck so hard and are a living example of why you can’t be a bad franchise and fire respected coaches, because you end up with unqualified position coaches Peter Principled into roles they’re not ready for.

Dolphins: W. No Chuma, No Chance for the Fish. Edoga probably cost the Jets three TDs all by himself against the Dolphins, and now he’s on the bench. Should be a nice revenge game for Gase.

Ravens: OMGL Bloodletting. Lamar Jackson locks up the MVP in this game. 
 

@Bills: W. One of those feel-good wins that actually sucks because it pushes us to 6-10 and drops us to the tenth overall pick in the draft. Still, the Bills are a good team, and beating them would be a nice way to wrap up the year. And, at 10, you can draft a center and not freak anyone out.

If they draft a center at 10 I am gonna freak the **** out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If they draft a center at 10 I am gonna freak the **** out.

I am sorry, but that’s just what my mock draft yields and my mocks are rock solid 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills could definitely kick our ass, but we’ve been splitting with them since Jim Kelly retired. I’m just playing the odds. 

Looking at it , as an odds maker, if the Bills are say 10 and 5 or in that range...  what would the chances be???   I’m with Warfish.  But then again, Adams might just take the game over and what about the steeler game. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Raiders: Brutal loss. Gruden and Carr won’t be surprised by safety blitzes, and Carr is completing 70% of his passes bedsides. It could get ugly against what is already a putrid Jets pass defense. Hopefully Darnold doesn’t puke on his shoes and at least keeps it close. Feels like a 27-17 game.

 

@Bengals: W. They suck so hard and are a living example of why you can’t be a bad franchise and fire respected coaches, because you end up with unqualified position coaches Peter Principled into roles they’re not ready for.

Dolphins: W. No Chuma, No Chance for the Fish. Edoga probably cost the Jets three TDs all by himself against the Dolphins, and now he’s on the bench. Should be a nice revenge game for Gase.

Ravens: OMGL Bloodletting. Lamar Jackson locks up the MVP in this game. 
 

@Bills: W. One of those feel-good wins that actually sucks because it pushes us to 6-10 and drops us to the tenth overall pick in the draft. Still, the Bills are a good team, and beating them would be a nice way to wrap up the year. And, at 10, you can draft a center and not freak anyone out.

Are you saying firing Marvin Lewis was a bad move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Looking at it , as an odds maker, if the Bills are say 10 and 5 or in that range...  what would the chances be???   I’m with Warfish.  But then again, Adams might just take the game over and what about the steeler game. 🤣

You guys are brutal! We had their asses kicked the first game until Mosley went out. Jamal sucks, but there’s no way even he chokes up another 14 point lead this season!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Are you saying firing Marvin Lewis was a bad move?

Nah. He was there a long time. My point is that if the job is perceived as a bad one, you can be left looking at bottom of the barrel prospects to fill it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno

this season is so strange 

it’s like a year of Tuesday’s it has no feel

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

 

@Bengals: W. They suck so hard and are a living example of why you can’t be a bad franchise and fire respected coaches, because you end up with unqualified position coaches Peter Principled into roles they’re not ready for.

Dolphins: W. No Chuma, No Chance for the Fish. Edoga probably cost the Jets three TDs all by himself against the Dolphins, and now he’s on the bench. Should be a nice revenge game for Gase.

Ravens: OMGL Bloodletting. Lamar Jackson locks up the MVP in this game. 
 

@Bills: W. One of those feel-good wins that actually sucks because it pushes us to 6-10 and drops us to the tenth overall pick in the draft. Still, the Bills are a good team, and beating them would be a nice way to wrap up the year. And, at 10, you can draft a center and not freak anyone out.

I could see this happening, more or less.

But the reason the Bengals don’t have a coach is because they have no interest in paying one 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Counter Argument:  Do they, tho?

This team will almost assuredly be in full-rebuild mode this off-season.  Asst. coaches will be fired.  Players cut.  New players here.  Carryover simply isn't a real thing in the NFL, so even if Darnold (the only meaningful asset on offense) and the few players we might retain who are actually playing right now all play well, that won't have any real impact on 2020.

So, outside of injuries, do the last 6 really matter to our future?  I'd argue no, they really don't.  Outside our draft pick spot, of course.  Not saying I want to lose, but projecting these last 6 into something something in 2020 is, IMO, pure fantasy projection.  

They mean a lot because of:

1 - 100:  Sam Darnold

101: Finding any olineman that are worth keeping

102. Hoping that Q Williams doesn't suck

103. Finding any QBs that are worth keeping

104 - 299:  Sam Darnold

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If they draft a center at 10 I am gonna freak the **** out.


You still freak out about things this franchise does? How quaint.
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If they draft a center at 10 I am gonna freak the **** out.

Well either way it’s going to be a lineman or an Edge. Corner at a stretch, depends on free agency? - The Jets will be very active there again. Also half this team is going to be either cut, or the contracts will just expire. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

They mean a lot because of:

1 - 100:  Sam Darnold

101: Finding any olineman that are worth keeping

102. Hoping that Q Williams doesn't suck

103. Finding any QBs that are worth keeping

104 - 299:  Sam Darnold

103,  you mean cb's.  not too worried about qwill.  he'll be a decent player and his main sin will be being drafted too high.

i was looking at the standings this morning and noted the jets have scored 164 and given up 255.  the 164 is way low but they have put 34 on the board the past two weeks so there should be some optimism and it can't be forgotten that there was near zero output in 3 games.  the 255 is 10th or 11th from the bottom.  that's actually not that bad.  the 255 is in good company with teams like the chiefs, raiders, texans, seahawks.  

there could be some interesting outcomes in the last 6 games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the last six games are significant to determine if:

  • Gase can get Sam to play better consistently against all levels of competition.  If he completely sh*tes the bed against the Raiders, Ravens, Steelers and/or Bills, that could drastically changes the 2020 offseason.
  • There is a starting CB on the roster?
  • There is even one piece of the OL that could start next year.
  • Ryan Griffen is what he appears to be.
  • Robby proves he deserves a long-term deal.  

All of these will have an impact on the 2020 rebuild, some more than others.  IF there is a starting CB and OL, that changes the calculus pretty significantly.  That's what I'm keeping an eye on more than the final scores.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Raiders: Brutal loss. Gruden and Carr won’t be surprised by safety blitzes, and Carr is completing 70% of his passes bedsides. It could get ugly against what is already a putrid Jets pass defense. Hopefully Darnold doesn’t puke on his shoes and at least keeps it close. Feels like a 27-17 game.

 

@Bengals: W. They suck so hard and are a living example of why you can’t be a bad franchise and fire respected coaches, because you end up with unqualified position coaches Peter Principled into roles they’re not ready for.

Dolphins: W. No Chuma, No Chance for the Fish. Edoga probably cost the Jets three TDs all by himself against the Dolphins, and now he’s on the bench. Should be a nice revenge game for Gase.

Ravens: OMGL Bloodletting. Lamar Jackson locks up the MVP in this game. 
 

@Bills: W. One of those feel-good wins that actually sucks because it pushes us to 6-10 and drops us to the tenth overall pick in the draft. Still, the Bills are a good team, and beating them would be a nice way to wrap up the year. And, at 10, you can draft a center and not freak anyone out.

All plausibly winnable but the Ravens. They figure to be competing for home field or even top seed and they are not f---ing around. 

The weather tomorrow could be a great equalizer. If it is played in a monsoon, could be  a very different kind of game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

All plausibly winnable but the Ravens. They figure to be competing for home field or even top seed and they are not f---ing around. 

The weather tomorrow could be a great equalizer. If it is played in a monsoon, could be  a very different kind of game. 

I think tomorrow is a bloodbath. Carr is a better, younger version of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Fitzpatrick carved up our secondary with ease. Gruden is going to toy with Gregg Williams' desperation blitzes and laugh the whole time he's doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think tomorrow is a bloodbath. Carr is a better, younger version of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Fitzpatrick carved up our secondary with ease. Gruden is going to toy with Gregg Williams' desperation blitzes and laugh the whole time he's doing it. 

Image result for jamal adams gifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Larz said:

it’s like a year of Tuesday’s it has no feel

Getting High Pot Smoking GIF by Cappa Video Productions

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...