How will rain effect Jets Raiders

kevinc855

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Raining heavy for hours prior will effect field conditions 

So, here is a Novel idea. Maybe the idiot groundskeepers should cover the field wit a tarp to try and prevent the field from being too wet when we play. Our O probably could use better field conditions than their O since ours is still a work in progress and theirs is a little more established.

31 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

So, here is a Novel idea. Maybe the idiot groundskeepers should cover the field wit a tarp to try and prevent the field from being too wet when we play. Our O probably could use better field conditions than their O since ours is still a work in progress and theirs is a little more established.

Im pretty sure they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars when they installed the field, drainage is a key issue in all this. I watched a turf field be installed in my town at the high school field a lot of time energy and engineering went into drainage. The top surface will be wet and if you cover it may still be wet from condensation. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

In his 88 game career, Derek Carr is 1-9 on the road in non-dome cold weather stadiums from late November through December. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02/gamelog/

The one win was in Denver in 2015 and it was sunny, 45 degrees, no wind.

SAR I

I think it's because he has small hands ??

• Upvote 1

carr is a punk.  he's going to be thinking about the weather.

as for rain think mud bowl.  the slippery conditions should reduce the ability of speed rushers since they won't be able cut so well and would have to muscle their way in.  on the other hand the jet corners will probably be tested

19 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’m more concerned about field goals than anything.  Our kicker is pretty awful as it is. 

Also stinks for season ticketholders.  I had a fever of 102.5 yesterday.  I don’t feel like tailgating and sitting through 40 degrees and rain especially if I’m sick.  

SAR I would expect you to be there .

26 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

SAR I would expect you to be there .

Wrong. 

SAR believes that season ticket holders who attend 7-8 games surely can be excused when they can’t attend 2-3. 

It’s the responsibility of the non-season ticket holder to buy those seats so they don’t fall into enemy hands. Every Raider fan in MetLife Stadium tomorrow is on your hands. 

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wrong. 

SAR believes that season ticket holders who attend 7-8 games surely can be excused when they can’t attend 2-3. 

It’s the responsibility of the non-season ticket holder to buy those seats so they don’t fall into enemy hands. Every Raider fan in MetLife Stadium tomorrow is on your hands. 

SAR I

SAR I remember 1 thing tomorrow with the all Raider fans in halloween costumes..WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE. 

You be sure to put that text alert # on speed text and report them all day long. 

Enjoy 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I remember 1 thing tomorrow with the all Raider fans in halloween costumes..WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE. 

You be sure to put that text alert # on speed text and report them all day long. 

Enjoy 

joewilly12 

Raider fans will sell me their bobbleheads. I need all 5. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, kevinc855 said:

Looks like it’s Gona be a rainy and windy day with also lots of rain prior to game time. Gut tells me that forces the raiders to run more which is a plus for us, on the other hand we may have to run more which hasn’t been such a plus. Thoughts?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/east-rutherford/07073/daily-weather-forecast/344423?day=3

Raiders are running it no matter the weather conditions are. Probably where ever Jamal Adams lines up they are running it right at him.( reason being easy to get a block on him, than run away where he can chase down the play).

The Raiders offense line is massive Lt Kolton Miller 6’9 330 Lg R Incognito 6’3 325 C R Hudson 6’2 315  Rg Gabe Jackson 6’3 335 ,Rt Trent Brown 6’8 380.    Now throw in both Te’s that are complete Te’s.   Darren Waller 6’6 255 , and Foster Moreau 6’4 253 ( both are excellent  Big time blockers)       In the backfield with Josh Jacobs could be Fb  Alec Ingold 6’1 240 or Te / H- back D Carrier 6’4 245 .       They can even use G Denzel Good 6’5 340 as extra Te. ( with  their two complete TE’s   it’s never really necessary.   

Raiders Offense line is way bigger than Te Jets defense line and let’s see what happens

16 hours ago, rangerous said:

carr is a punk.  he's going to be thinking about the weather.

as for rain think mud bowl.  the slippery conditions should reduce the ability of speed rushers since they won't be able cut so well and would have to muscle their way in.  on the other hand the jet corners will probably be tested

Maybe I’m wrong but I’m under the impression that technology (eg modern day drainage systems) has taken away the possibility of a mud bowl.  Basically, the things that used to help give the game character are no longer part of the sport.