Jets will lose to Raiders this Sunday

Alka

If Carr goes pass happy to his TE sort of like Fitzmagic did with Gesicki, it’ll be a long afternoon .

It’ll be an interesting chess match vs Gruden and Williams for Gruden will force our defense to defend against the pass.

All that being said it should be a close game. I hope that turnovers don’t dictate who ultimately wins, but it probably will.

2 hours ago, Alka said:

You forgot to mention that I picked the first win against the Cowboys, when they were like 16 point favorites in our stadium.  And you forgot to mention that I picked the Jets to dominate the Redskins and win by 20 points (they won by 17) in a week that the Redskins were favored.  

What have you predicted?

Who cares? Your prediction is just as meaningless as the next guys. It’s the NFL...

• Upvote 1

The Raiders pass rush is the biggest problem for us since our o-line can't stop a pedestrian pass rush. The Raiders strength on offense is running the ball and we have a very good run defense. They'll need to rely more on the pass this week than they're used to. If Bless Austin continues to play well at CB we have a good chance at slowing there offense down quite a bit.

They also have to travel across the country. If Darnold can limit the stupid plays against a good pass rush I think we have a decent chance at pulling off an upset here. It will be most glorious if we do because it will keep our long shot outside playoff hopes alive as well as eliminate this mrs. cleo threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Rob123 said:

I agree with you because the Raiders are actually a very good team who need this win to continue a drive to the playoffs.

This is why I think they falter. Raiders the last 30 years have a Jet like recurrence of putting their season in jeopardy. And the Jets are digging the thoughts of shytting in peoples playoff cheerios.

Jets 20  Raiders 17.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Jamal Adams and Quinnen Williams are going to punish David Carr. 

Jamal Adams will have 4 sacks, 2 int run backs, 2 recovered fumbles; one for TD, over 100 receiving yards, 9 carries for 83 yards, and a kickoff return.  It will be a mediocre game for him.

• Haha 1

We historically struggle vs the Raiders if my recollection serves me, but we’re usually the team traveling. They’re coming to us for a 1pm game and that definitely factors into things. I don’t think they are as good as their record, Gruden has done a great job with what he’s working with. It’s a game we can win, but as some eluded earlier we have to play a very clean game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Edoga, Lewis, and Beachum all questionable 

Demaryius Thomas is questionable with a hamstring 

Henry Anderson and Steve McClendon are questionable 

The Jets look to be incredibly banged up for this game. 

Raiders-31

Jets-7

Lol the raiders scoring 31 points against the Jets defense who are they the Patriots now

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

Jamal Adams will have 4 sacks, 2 int run backs, 2 recovered fumbles; one for TD, over 100 receiving yards, 9 carries for 83 yards, and a kickoff return.  It will be a mediocre game for him.

Jamal Adams shouldn’t you be getting ready to play tomorrow , than posting on here your fantasy. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Alka said:

Thanks, but I understand how many fans feel differently here.  After 2 wins in a row, and a dominant performance against the Redskins, and now playing at home, I know as a Jets fan we all want to believe that this will continue against a Raiders team who has flaws.

I feel that this is exactly the time to try to put things in perspective, and get a dose of reality.

Reality for me is that the Jets beat up on one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL last week, and beat a Giants team that is one of the 5 or 6 worst teams in the NFL the week before.  Aside from the Dallas game (which I predicted the Jets first win), we have looked the part of a bad team.

Beating the Raiders would be a turn of events and a turn of fortunes for this jets team, and one that I don't believe we are ready for yet.  If I am wrong and the Jets do beat the Raiders, then I will be wrong about the Jets and the Raiders.  Hey, Sunday will tell all.

How did the Raiders look at home against the Bengals last game? I saw it and they barely eked out a win against THE worst team in the NFL.  The Jets may have beaten some bad teams but they still beat Dallas,  and the Rdskins at their arena.

4 hours ago, Alka said:

You forgot to mention that I picked the first win against the Cowboys, when they were like 16 point favorites in our stadium.  And you forgot to mention that I picked the Jets to dominate the Redskins and win by 20 points (they won by 17) in a week that the Redskins were favored.  

What have you predicted?

This has gone from cute and fun to sad.

dude heres a news flash: you got lucky.

you predicted the flip of a coin 4 times in a row. It happens. Chances are not outrageous. You are not nostradamous

18 hours ago, Alka said:

If I am wrong this week, I promise not to start any more threads with predictions for the rest of the season,

Why? You're free do you as you like. 

I would consider changing the thread title to ALKA's GAME PREDICTION THREAD or something like that...

and then you can add to it each week, and it will bump when you do.

YOur POV is entirely reasonable. We played 2 teams that are demonstrably worse than we are...and we have been pretty damned miserable. Our O Line looks marginally better...  but??  Hard to tell against such lousy competition of its just playing worse teams...  or a real step up in play.

People lose their mind cos Adams pads his sack stats against the dregs of the league...   all well and good.

THis game is a tough one and one that I'd never bet...      "trap" game potential for Raiders and well, SOJ performance...

Am gonna watch this one and stay in the game thread.

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Again we are going to see but the bears front seven is a little more imposing than the Jets front seven.  The Raiders were able to run on them( they were number 1 than too), and I expect they will have success on the Jets defense too.

Raiders can line up in so many different combinations .  2 Te’s , Fb and full back in the backfield with Tyrell Williams .    Three Te’s ( with D Carrier 6’4 240 As H back- really a wr. ) one Te Darren Waller+ two monster size Wr. Tyrell Williams 6’4 205 and Martel Ateman 6’4 220 who are both physical run blockers.

Raiders aren’t a one dimensional offense that has to be able to run the ball to win. They have  a variety of weapons that can hurt a defense in the passing game.

You always over play your hand.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1