Jump to content

Which NFL coaches get fired this year?


RonaldJet

Recommended Posts

Definitely Fired:

Washington Redskins-Bill Callahan

Probably Fired:

Atlanta Falcons-Dan Quinn

Hot Seat:

NY Giants-Pat Shurmur 

Cleveland Browns-Fred Kitchins

Carolina Panthers-Ron Rivera (new owner)


It could be a very thin job market in the NFL in 2020 which means 2021 will be very competitive. Another reason why firing Gase this year may be the right move. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RonaldJet said:

Definitely Fired:

Washington Redskins-Bill Callahan

Probably Fired:

Atlanta Falcons-Dan Quinn

Hot Seat:

NY Giants-Pat Shurmur 

Cleveland Browns-Fred Kitchins

Carolina Panthers-Ron Rivera (new owner)


It could be a very thin job market in the NFL in 2020 which means 2021 will be very competitive. Another reason why firing Gase this year may be the right move. 

I think one thing to take into account is there are very few "hot candidates".  Josh  McDaniel has shown he will be picky.  Does anyone think Urban Meyer really wants to come to the NFL?  Is Bill Cowher looking to make a comeback?  This year it  is an unproven in Bienemy and Mike McCarthy.  One is unproven and the other is not perfect.  The lack of candidates will have teams thinking twice about making a change.

I don't think Shurmer is on the hot seat.  The past two years they have actually drafted very well.  They have a young QB he has done well with.  I think het gets one more year to show marked improvement.  The team of Shurmer and Gettleman have not been the best with the media but they were left with nothing and have done a good job in finding and acquiring young talent.  Look at Dexter Lawrence and Jones.  Both have done enough to get one more year from the Giants, especially when they have kept a 2-8 team from becoming a circus..

John Dorsey has a tremendous ego and won't admit he made a mistake with Kitchens so soon- I think he will give him a second year.

Hue Jackson will get the Redskins job and that should break in a few weeks.  It is  a difficult job to fill and Jackson wants it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami moved on from Flores based on a different philosophy regarding the rebuild.  They needed a guy to handle the tank and it would not surprise me if someone else was tabbed for the rebuild.

I think Matt Patricia in Detroit may be on a shorter leash because Belichick assistants have so often failed.  If the Lions play badly the rest of the year and lose and look bad on Thanksgiving then the Lions might make a change and it would not surprise me to see Quinn go there.

I think that Mike Tomlin might be coaching his last year in Pittsburgh and I think we may see some surprise changes.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d say the Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Browns, and Falcons jobs are definitely going to be open. I think there’s an outside shot that the Chargers and Lions bail on Lynn and Patricia, as well. I think either Belichick or Sean Payton jump on that Giants opening, and Lincoln Riley slides into that Browns gig. You have to wonder if Jim Harbaugh and David Shaw get tempted to take an NFL job, and if Jerry Jones goes after Urban Meyer.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

I think one thing to take into account is there are very few "hot candidates".  Josh  McDaniel has shown he will be picky.  Does anyone think Urban Meyer really wants to come to the NFL?  Is Bill Cowher looking to make a comeback?  This year it  is an unproven in Bienemy and Mike McCarthy.  One is unproven and the other is not perfect.  The lack of candidates will have teams thinking twice about making a change.

I don't think Shurmer is on the hot seat.  The past two years they have actually drafted very well.  They have a young QB he has done well with.  I think het gets one more year to show marked improvement.  The team of Shurmer and Gettleman have not been the best with the media but they were left with nothing and have done a good job in finding and acquiring young talent.  Look at Dexter Lawrence and Jones.  Both have done enough to get one more year from the Giants, especially when they have kept a 2-8 team from becoming a circus..

John Dorsey has a tremendous ego and won't admit he made a mistake with Kitchens so soon- I think he will give him a second year.

Hue Jackson will get the Redskins job and that should break in a few weeks.  It is  a difficult job to fill and Jackson wants it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami moved on from Flores based on a different philosophy regarding the rebuild.  They needed a guy to handle the tank and it would not surprise me if someone else was tabbed for the rebuild.

I think Matt Patricia in Detroit may be on a shorter leash because Belichick assistants have so often failed.  If the Lions play badly the rest of the year and lose and look bad on Thanksgiving then the Lions might make a change and it would not surprise me to see Quinn go there.

I think that Mike Tomlin might be coaching his last year in Pittsburgh and I think we may see some surprise changes.

 

Funny, I disagree with most of this. Why would Pittsburgh get rid of Tomlin? They are in the thick of it with Mason Rudolph at qb. And no Lev Bell, or AB this year.

No way Flores gets fired. He's actually done a solid job. I thought dolphins could go winless. That team plays competitive. 

Redskins are retarded, but no way they hire hue Jackson. No one is going to give him another HC gig.

I actually think Dorsey fires kitchens. Kitchens is in way over his head. 

Shurmer is on the hot seat, but I think they keep him around another year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Funny, I disagree with most of this. Why would Pittsburgh get rid of Tomlin? They are in the thick of it with Mason Rudolph at qb. And no Lev Bell, or AB this year.

No way Flores gets fired. He's actually done a solid job. I thought dolphins could go winless. That team plays competitive. 

Redskins are retarded, but no way they hire hue Jackson. No one is going to give him another HC gig.

I actually think Dorsey fires kitchens. Kitchens is in way over his head. 

Shurmer is on the hot seat, but I think they keep him around another year.

Read the Steelers blogs- they have not been happy for years.  There are  frequent stories in the Pittsburgh papers this might be his last year.  It is like year 15 and all the talk is it will be his last.

The Hugh Jackson thing was a joke.  I watched Hard Knocks and still cannot believe that man was a head coach.  However, I do think he will get another shot- similar to the way Bruce Coslet got another shot at coaching.  He will take an interim gig nobody else wants and perform decently and get another shot.

He is like a modern Lindy Infante and Joe Bugel.  These guys failed repeatedly, became coordinators for a couple of years and then were given the shot to fail again.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CTM said:

You've said that a few times, why?

I've read a bunch of times over the years that the one job Belichick has always had his eye on was the Giants. Given that Brady looks to be at the end. and with the shenanigans they pulled to bring McDaniels back, and given the way the Giants personnel is coming together, the timing looks to be perfect to make the transition. Similarly, Payton is a Giants alum with an old QB who might find that job appealing. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I've read a bunch of times over the years that the one job Belichick has always had his eye on was the Giants. Given that Brady looks to be at the end. and the shenanigans they pulled to being McDaniels back into the fold last offseason, and given the way the Giants personnel is coming together, the timing looks to be perfect to make the transition. Similarly, Payton is a Giants alum with an old QB who might find that job appealing. 

When BB was coaching the Giants Wellington Mara was running the show. I don’t see him leaving Kraft to work for two guys in John Mara and Steve Tisch who he has no history with, and who have not proven to very good at running an NFL franchise. 
 

Also the idea of Hue Jackson getting another Head Coaching in the NFL is laughable. Imagine trying to sell that to a fan base.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

When BB was coaching the Giants Wellington Mara was running the show. I don’t see him leaving Kraft to work for two guys in John Mara and Steve Tisch who he has no history with, and who have not proven to very good at running an NFL franchise. 
 

Also the idea of Hue Jackson getting another Head Coaching in the NFL is laughable. Imagine trying to sell that to a fan base.

Mara and Tisch know they know nothing about football and stay out of the way, which is central to their appeal. Who’s hiring Hue Jackson?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I've read a bunch of times over the years that the one job Belichick has always had his eye on was the Giants. Given that Brady looks to be at the end. and with the shenanigans they pulled to bring McDaniels back, and given the way the Giants personnel is coming together, the timing looks to be perfect to make the transition. Similarly, Payton is a Giants alum with an old QB who might find that job appealing. 

Belichick with Giants would be GREAT. Please, please get this guy out of our division, out of the AFC for god sakes. Every other division in the AFC doesn't know how lucky they have been not having BB & Brady in their division. Just look at the contenders who have risen in the AFC & how the Patriots have smacked them down in New England. 

The Ravens finally are back on track but they got them at home. The Pats have been consistently beating all comers, Steelers, Colts with Luck, Texans, Chiefs. Hell, our Jets have had more success than any team really in the AFC when you look back over the last 20 years. Jets & Ravens. 

Just going to be nice to finally be done with this crazy New England 20 year run. Insane. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Belichick with Giants would be GREAT. Please, please get this guy out of our division, out of the AFC for god sakes. Every other division in the AFC doesn't know how lucky they have been not having BB & Brady in their division. Just look at the contenders who have risen in the AFC & how the Patriots have smacked them down in New England. 

The Ravens finally are back on track but they got them at home. The Pats have been consistently beating all comers, Steelers, Colts with Luck, Texans, Chiefs. Hell, our Jets have had more success than any team really in the AFC when you look back over the last 20 years. Jets & Ravens. 

Just going to be nice to finally be done with this crazy New England 20 year run. Insane. 

 Belichick comes to the Giants and builds a dynasty in our own stadium, while we continue to suck year after year. Yeah, that would be great.?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, section314 said:

 Belichick comes to the Giants and builds a dynasty in our own stadium, while we continue to suck year after year. Yeah, that would be great.?

Can't worry about that. Worry about the Jets & winning the damn division. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rob123 said:

I think one thing to take into account is there are very few "hot candidates".  Josh  McDaniel has shown he will be picky.  Does anyone think Urban Meyer really wants to come to the NFL?  Is Bill Cowher looking to make a comeback?  This year it  is an unproven in Bienemy and Mike McCarthy.  One is unproven and the other is not perfect.  The lack of candidates will have teams thinking twice about making a change.

I don't think Shurmer is on the hot seat.  The past two years they have actually drafted very well.  They have a young QB he has done well with.  I think het gets one more year to show marked improvement.  The team of Shurmer and Gettleman have not been the best with the media but they were left with nothing and have done a good job in finding and acquiring young talent.  Look at Dexter Lawrence and Jones.  Both have done enough to get one more year from the Giants, especially when they have kept a 2-8 team from becoming a circus..

John Dorsey has a tremendous ego and won't admit he made a mistake with Kitchens so soon- I think he will give him a second year.

Hue Jackson will get the Redskins job and that should break in a few weeks.  It is  a difficult job to fill and Jackson wants it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami moved on from Flores based on a different philosophy regarding the rebuild.  They needed a guy to handle the tank and it would not surprise me if someone else was tabbed for the rebuild.

I think Matt Patricia in Detroit may be on a shorter leash because Belichick assistants have so often failed.  If the Lions play badly the rest of the year and lose and look bad on Thanksgiving then the Lions might make a change and it would not surprise me to see Quinn go there.

I think that Mike Tomlin might be coaching his last year in Pittsburgh and I think we may see some surprise changes.

 

little joshy isn't going anywhere.  his danger is that the krafts may choose someone different to take over from the bellichicken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CTM said:

You've said that a few times, why?

If there was ever any real scenario of Payton leaving New Orleans and the Jets let any other team get him...... That would be extremely disappointing. 
Im almost positive Gase is back next year. However if this were ever to happen it would be way more important to pull the trigger on this over any possible draft pick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Gibby said:

If there was ever any real scenario of Payton leaving New Orleans and the Jets let any other team get him...... That would be extremely disappointing. 
Im almost positive Gase is back next year. However if this were ever to happen it would be way more important to pull the trigger on this over any possible draft pick 

If a coach like Payton leaves, it’s prob because he has an idea of where he wants to go already. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2019 at 10:10 PM, Rob123 said:

I think one thing to take into account is there are very few "hot candidates".  Josh  McDaniel has shown he will be picky.  Does anyone think Urban Meyer really wants to come to the NFL?  Is Bill Cowher looking to make a comeback?  This year it  is an unproven in Bienemy and Mike McCarthy.  One is unproven and the other is not perfect.  The lack of candidates will have teams thinking twice about making a change.

I don't think Shurmer is on the hot seat.  The past two years they have actually drafted very well.  They have a young QB he has done well with.  I think het gets one more year to show marked improvement.  The team of Shurmer and Gettleman have not been the best with the media but they were left with nothing and have done a good job in finding and acquiring young talent.  Look at Dexter Lawrence and Jones.  Both have done enough to get one more year from the Giants, especially when they have kept a 2-8 team from becoming a circus..

John Dorsey has a tremendous ego and won't admit he made a mistake with Kitchens so soon- I think he will give him a second year.

Hue Jackson will get the Redskins job and that should break in a few weeks.  It is  a difficult job to fill and Jackson wants it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami moved on from Flores based on a different philosophy regarding the rebuild.  They needed a guy to handle the tank and it would not surprise me if someone else was tabbed for the rebuild.

I think Matt Patricia in Detroit may be on a shorter leash because Belichick assistants have so often failed.  If the Lions play badly the rest of the year and lose and look bad on Thanksgiving then the Lions might make a change and it would not surprise me to see Quinn go there.

I think that Mike Tomlin might be coaching his last year in Pittsburgh and I think we may see some surprise changes.

 

Flores signed a six year deal with Miami. He’s not going anywhere.

I agree Shurmur will be back, don’t think Hue Jackson is getting another HC job, and Although I’ve seen stories about Tomlin leaving, I think it would be his choice if he does. He should be a COY candidate for the job he’s doing this season.

Kitchens should go, but I think he gets another year, ala Gase. PATRICIA is an interesting one. I have no idea, though if I had to guess, I’d say he comes back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Gibby said:

If there was ever any real scenario of Payton leaving New Orleans and the Jets let any other team get him...... That would be extremely disappointing. 
Im almost positive Gase is back next year. However if this were ever to happen it would be way more important to pull the trigger on this over any possible draft pick 

 

18 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If a coach like Payton leaves, it’s prob because he has an idea of where he wants to go already. 

Payton would have 25 interested teams. His decision will not be about money. And that’s the only reason anyone has come to the Jets, recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...