2 NFL teams interested in Colin Kaepernick,attorney claims

joewilly12

2 NFL teams interested in Colin Kaepernick, attorney claims

By Paulina Dedaj, Fox News

November 22, 2019 | 10:33pm

Enlarge Image
Colin Kaepernick participates in a workout for NFL scouts in Riverdale, Ga.
Colin Kaepernick participates in a workout for NFL scouts in Riverdale, Ga.AP

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is being looked at closely by two teams in the NFL after holding his own workout over the weekend, his attorney Mark Geragos said.

Speaking on The Adam Carolla Podcast this week, Geragos offered details about the two teams that have shown interest in Kaepernick since he declined to participate in the NFL’s showcase workout over the weekend and instead held his own public session at an Atlanta high school.

“One who is legitimately in need of a quarterback who had a very poor showing on Sunday and has got an owner that I don’t think gives a sh-t,” he said.

Geragos didn’t offer any names but speculation surrounds the Carolina Panthers after rookie quarterback Kyle Allen, who has been filling in for Cam Newton for most of the season, threw four interceptions in Sunday’s loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

The second team could be anyone’s guess as several organizations in the league have struggled this season with injured and underperforming quarterback. image.gif.7b13320cb3c38ab03ee70fba9ad46261.gif

Kaepernick has not played a down of football since the 2016 season. In that season, he threw for 2,241 passing yards, 16 touchdown passes and four interceptions. He played in 12 games that year.

Through 69 career games, Kaepernick has racked up 12,271 passing yards, 72 touchdowns and 30 interceptions.

No team has publicly commented on being interested in Kapernick following Saturday’s showcase.

Fox News’ Ryan Gaydos contributed to this report. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He's not signing anywhere. Nobody wants the media circus and I don't believe he even wants to play. If he was serious about playing he would have went to the tryout. I think he played right into the nfls hand by not showing up.

This whole charade is just the setup for another money grab lawsuit against the NFL.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

I actually side with Kaepernick there. It’s well known that NFL set this up out of the blue and with a reasonable notice.  NFL wanted to give CK his last workout opportunity while making sure he doesn’t get to call any shots. No idea who he was going to throw to (makes a huge difference). Overall a very ugly scenario for CK. He made the right choice by rejecting the garbage Goodell was offering and staging his own workout at his own terms (like it should’ve been from the getgo). NFL doesn’t have much say whether a team can or can not sign CK. If they do anything silly, that’s when the lawsuit will go out. Otherwise the ball was in CKs court. Not sure how he did with the workout. 

This league has murderers, rapists, women beaters and cheaters in Hall of Fame. A guy taking a knee during the national anthem is the least of our worries. 

He's trying to play in the NFL right? So who is he to be making demands from them. The NFL certainly doesn't need CK. It was always going to be by there rules. Like I said if he was serious about getting into the league he should have showed up. 

What did he think the NFL was going to Do? Edit all the footage so it looks like he overthrew every pass? If so, that's some serious paranoia, especially when the NFL said they would give CK the raw unedited footage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He's trying to play in the NFL right? So who is he to be making demands from them. The NFL certainly doesn't need CK. It was always going to be by there rules. Like I said if he was serious about getting into the league he should have showed up. 

What did he think the NFL was going to Do? Edit all the footage so it looks like he overthrew every pass? If so, that's some serious paranoia, especially when the NFL said they would give CK the raw unedited footage. 

Why should trust a league that conspired against him? He worked out in front of NFL teams, wants to play, and looked better than probably 90% of the backups and a handful of starters. Of course he comes with baggage. A lot of QBs do. I’d bet he’s on a roster this year or next. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why should trust a league that conspired against him? He worked out in front of NFL teams, wants to play, and looked better than probably 90% of the backups and a handful of starters. Of course he comes with baggage. A lot of QBs do. I’d bet he’s on a roster this year or next. 

Imagine, at this point, thinking that Roger Goodell’s NFL is trustworthy in any matter of jurisprudence.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because if there’s one thing we know, it’s that the NFL has the highest regard for the care and handling of evidence. 

If the NFL released the tapes & info they had on the Patriots it would have changed everything an fan thought of the NFL going forward. Must have been hugely damning & might be the reason the owners keep reelecting & paying Goodell crazy money. He's the man that knew too much & killing him would bring too much scrutiny. I don't think many fans know how close to WWF the NFL is getting. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Really? Was that  even true when he left the league? I just can’t imagine how he improved while He was gone. Maybe he did, just seems unlikely. 

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If the NFL released the tapes & info they had on the Patriots it would have changed everything an fan thought of the NFL going forward. Must have been hugely damning & might be the reason the owners keep reelecting & paying Goodell crazy money. He's the man that knew too much & killing him would bring too much scrutiny. I don't think many fans know how close to WWF the NFL is getting. 

Predates Goodell, too. Look at what they did with CTE, for instance. 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

CTE might be the end of the NFL as we know it. Lawyers are chomping at the bit every time another player has his brain examined after he tragically dies. CTE has also become an excuse for criminal thug azzholes like Winslow & Hernandez. These guys were thugs before they their brain deteriorated from multiple collisions playing football. 

Lawyers vs Sport worth Billions = Future Trouble.

There is no way in hell this isn't the biggest elephant in the room during league meetings. Bad officiating & horrible teams and decline of overall play are the last thing these billionaires are discussing. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine, at this point, thinking that Roger Goodell’s NFL is trustworthy in any matter of jurisprudence.

Agree. Where NFL type moneys are on the line, no one should expect anything judicious from the league or any other corporate entity.  Emotions running high and opinions aplenty in the CK media phenomenon. Onlookers believing the central issues are social justice and patriotism. The actual impetus for the league is economic.  Many people in the NFL from the highest levels of management on down rightfully agree that there are serious social justice issues that need to be worked out, but few of those people wanted to see it aired out in *THEIR WORKPLACE*.  

Imagine if any of us took political pamphlets into our office of place of business and we started handing them out to coworkers and customers.  Even if the owners/managers of our respective companies agreed passionately with our position and or social statement, they would be mortified that we were turning their livelihood into a conflagration.   Our asses would be $hit-canned immediately.

The league does not want to black list and banish CK because of his views.  The powerbrokers in the league and the owners are furious that the smooth flow of income was interrupted.

As for CK.  His activism against social justice should be applauded, but I believe he chose the wrong forum as a conduit to the public.  Not because it was the NFL.  He did it in peoples *WORKPLACE* and with methods that were sure to alienate those who would have preferred to be a supporter. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Really? Was that  even true when he left the league? I just can’t imagine how he improved while He was gone. Maybe he did, just seems unlikely. 

The last season Kaepernick played his stat line was 59.2%/2241 yards/16 td/4 INT in 11 GS. His qb rating was 90.7 and 62% of his passes were thrown from the pocket and his receivers were Torrey Smith and Jeremy Kerley on a horrible SF team coached by Chip Kelly coming off of injuries that limited him to 8 games the prior season and kept him out of the first 4 games of that season.

He was a middle of the pack QB which is what he always was...as good as many and better than most of the QBs who have played and are currently playing in the league.

• Upvote 2

I would think the Redskins and Lions are possibilities.

The demographics of the cities make sense, and both fan bases are already downtrodden and in need of something to stir interest.

I already mentioned that I think Stafford could retire.  The Redskins are self-explanatory.   And "no publicity is bad publicity" says Mike Tannenbaum and Tim Tebow.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah Tagliabue kinda dropped the ball on that one.

He was more interested to fill the leagues coffers than about player safety. A former league lawyer, shocker.

From the information I have heard either in print or on the radio, this was actually a legit shot for CK. in fact it was claimed to be unprecedented and a push from Jay-Z and Goodell to prove that this guy has not been blackballed by the league.

Even Steven A Smith who at times can be a blatant bias opinionator sided with the league and said that Kaepernick completely blew it! He was offered a deal, decided not to sign the injury waiver for liability, changed the location at the last minute, and showed up in a Kunta Kinte shirt. It's laughable plain and simple. This guy does not want to play football he wants to sue people and continue with his social agenda and try to make money off of commercials.

If he actually wanted to play on a football team he would quietly request private workouts from every team weekly through an agent and they said in three years he has not done that once. He doesn't even have an agent.. he's represented by a celebrity lawyer. LOL it's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Awesumtenor said:

The last season Kaepernick played his stat line was 59.2%/2241 yards/16 td/4 INT in 11 GS. His qb rating was 90.7 and 62% of his passes were thrown from the pocket and his receivers were Torrey Smith and Jeremy Kerley on a horrible SF team coached by Chip Kelly coming off of injuries that limited him to 8 games the prior season and kept him out of the first 4 games of that season.

He was a middle of the pack QB which is what he always was...as good as many and better than most of the QBs who have played and are currently playing in the league.

Fair enough. 

So to hear the story told here, poor Kaep was done in by the evil NFL?  Not that he destroyed any chance of continuing his career turning fans against him and others.   It's even escalated into Kaep being better than 90% of the backups in the NFL after  going from a scrub loser to 3 years of inactivity? 

I wouldn't want a QB that makes such terrible decisions. All he had to do to get his job back was to just shut the **** up and play. Instead, he wore a Kunta Kinte shirt, and told scouts to tell their owners to stop being scared. Someone that actually wanted to play wouldn't do that. 

Essentially what I'm saying is, Kap clearly didn't learn from his mistakes. And yes, making cops out to be pigs and praising Castro in the workplace are definitely mistakes. Doesn't even include his GF trash taking the Ravens owner. The guy just makes poor decisions. 

• Upvote 1