2 NFL teams interested in Colin Kaepernick,attorney claims

joewilly12

28 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I wouldn't want a QB that makes such terrible decisions. All he had to do to get his job back was to just shut the **** up and play. Instead, he wore a Kunta Kinte shirt, and told scouts to tell their owners to stop being scared. Someone that actually wanted to play wouldn't do that. 

Essentially what I'm saying is, Kap clearly didn't learn from his mistakes. And yes, making cops out to be pigs and praising Castro in the workplace are definitely mistakes. Doesn't even include his GF trash taking the Ravens owner. The guy just makes poor decisions. 

He had offers for the Seahawks to be a back up, then the Broncos to compete for the #1 job and then the Ravens to compete with Flacco. In first 2 cases, he didn't sign due to money. And with the Ravens, his idiot girlfriend went on social media to compare Ray Lewis's relationship with Steve Bisciotti as being that of Samuel L. Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio in "Django". Had he taken either the Broncos or Ravens deals, he would have had a great chance to win either starting job. 

He doesn't want to play football. Or he would have taken on of those jobs, or taken this workout on the NFL's terms. He hasn't taken a hit in 3 years.He hasn't worked out or practiced with an NFL team in as long. These are not small things. Throwing a ball around on a HS field is very far from the NFL. He was a middle of the road starting QB, but that is not like riding a bicycle. Without being around a real NFL team, that has slipped.  

He wants to keep is name out there to be a marketing icon for Nike. That is all this is. Nike thinks they can milk this for a while, so may be he can. But it's not the same cache of being an NFL QB, or a retired QB. Trent Dilfer, Matt Hasslebeck and Sean Salisbury had TV careers. And really this is a business. Appears he has made the decision that he'd rather go down this Nike road than something more conventional. 

This nonvoting moron wearing Castro and CHe t-shirts new Nike shoe is called "Air Force"; the irony. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was wondering why the anti-Kaepernick/anti-Gase/pro-Mason Rudolph crowd got so quiet over the pat few days and I just saw what they were working on instead:

pater.jpg

What is wrong with people? He enabled a pedophile. Sandusky was his heir apparent until suddenly he was completely gone, other than his insane foundation. 

One factoid that always got me about Paterno was his contention he had never been aware of  homosexuals nor pedophiles. His parents owned a pharmacy during the Depression and World War II in Brooklyn and he studied the Greek classics at Brown. How could he get away with that? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

The NFL is business like any other business.  No business owner wants to hire someone that is as polarizing as Kaepernick and would alienate half of the fanbase.  As a business owner, that is their right, no way Kap ends up back in the league.

The NFL is a business I agree. The NFL is also about winning. When teams like the NY Jets trot out Luke Falk as the starting  QB and there are better QB's on the street that is called pathetic piss poor GM team management. (not saying in any way shape or form the NY Jets should sign Kaepernick) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NFL is a business I agree. The NFL is also about winning. When teams like the NY Jets trot out Luke Falk as the starting  QB and there are better QB's on the street that is called pathetic piss poor GM team management. (not saying in any way shape or form the NY Jets should sign Kaepernick) 

If you believe that Kaepernick is better than Luke Falk and David Fales then you kind of are saying that the Jets should sign him.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So to hear the story told here, poor Kaep was done in by the evil NFL?  Not that he destroyed any chance of continuing his career turning fans against him and others.   It's even escalated into Kaep being better than 90% of the backups in the NFL after  going from a scrub loser to 3 years of inactivity? 

yes and if you believe that , I will gladly sell you some wooden nickels, a bridge I have for sale and numerous bags of dirt

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I would think the Redskins and Lions are possibilities.

The demographics of the cities make sense, and both fan bases are already downtrodden and in need of something to stir interest.

I already mentioned that I think Stafford could retire.  The Redskins are self-explanatory.   And "no publicity is bad publicity" says Mike Tannenbaum and Tim Tebow.

Lions are definitely moving on from Stafford

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I’m not a Kaepernick fan and frankly I think this political stuff he’s done last few years is just a dumb PR stunt to coverup the fact that he’s not that good

that said... he is a way better qb than Luke Falk or Siemian

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

yes and if you believe that , I will gladly sell you some wooden nickels, a bridge I have for sale and numerous bags of dirt

You’re kidding yourself

He brought it on himself.  Should stop listening to his brain dead girlfriend

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 11:38 PM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He's not signing anywhere. Nobody wants the media circus and I don't believe he even wants to play. If he was serious about playing he would have went to the tryout. I think he played right into the nfls hand by not showing up.

Not with the waiver they wanted him to sign. The NFL wavier was not standard they wanted him to give up rights to sue them, which he still has an outstanding case to file with them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/23/delayed-negotiations-over-colin-kaepernick-waiver-helped-derail-workout/

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

Not with the waiver they wanted him to sign. The NFL wavier was not standard they wanted him to give up rights to sue them, which he still has an outstanding case to file with them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/23/delayed-negotiations-over-colin-kaepernick-waiver-helped-derail-workout/

Did we read the same article. No where does it state that the waiver was not standard, and that he would have to give up his rights to sue them again. 

In fact this is a direct quote

"The NFL believes that the proposed release would not have undermined Kaepernick’s rights unrelated to the workout itself, and that if he had signed it, he would not have waived any right to file a second collusion lawsuit."

Anyway, even if he plans to sue them again for collusion, guess what? He has no case. Because the league set up a workout for him. With 25 teams (potential employers) being represented. And he didn't show up.

How can you say you want a job and then not show up to the interview?  And then try to sue them for not getting the job. Laughable.

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He's trying to play in the NFL right? So who is he to be making demands from them. The NFL certainly doesn't need CK. It was always going to be by there rules. Like I said if he was serious about getting into the league he should have showed up. 

What did he think the NFL was going to Do? Edit all the footage so it looks like he overthrew every pass? If so, that's some serious paranoia, especially when the NFL said they would give CK the raw unedited footage. 

He doesn’t need the NFL to show his workout. He needs the teams. NFL isn’t writing him a paycheck...yet. 

We all have one of those friends where everything is filled with drama and nothing is easy. Gets free tickets to a game ends up getting drunk and cited for fighting. Wins $500 at the slots then blows two grand playing craps. Gets a promotion at work then gets caught with the secretary in the broom closet during the holiday party.

This is Colin Kaepernick. He never wastes an opportunity to waste an opportunity.

On 11/23/2019 at 8:22 AM, Bugg said:

What is wrong with people? He enabled a pedophile. Sandusky was his heir apparent until suddenly he was completely gone, other than his insane foundation. 

One factoid that always got me about Paterno was his contention he had never been aware of  homosexuals nor pedophiles. His parents owned a pharmacy during the Depression and World War II in Brooklyn and he studied the Greek classics at Brown. How could he get away with that? 

I'm confused. Do homosexuals frequent pharmacies more than straights? Asking for a friend that has some scripts he needs filled.

• Upvote 1