Shell Games; Gase has Decision to Make at Right Tackle

JetNation

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’m not the biggest Shell detractor either but don’t love him. He’s ok. I’m tired of settling for OK. That’s what shell is on his best day. Average. I want the jets to
Grab a dominant franchise LT in TD one and a G/C in rd two and another in td 3. Or a WR in 2 and the G/C combo in rd 3. Then sign Sherff. Shell might be able to hang around for a season with that group but then its RT for me in 2021.

I crave dominance at the OL. I and exhausted of this BS with mediocre linemen. When we had that dominant OL and WR’s our QB was 2 clicks from a scrub. We have the QB. Sam
Has shown all we need to see. Give the guy a dominant OL and some WR’s like McLaurin who out fought Maye for that jump ball last week and he will be everything we ever wanted.

Oh and we will instantly have a running game too. emoji3.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree with all that is said here. Dominant offensive line not only you have a running game the receivers will look better as well since the line will give them more Time to get open also allows Sam to step into throws in turn will make him a more accurate passer. Build the line first everything else falls into place 

• Sympathy 1

I see nothing wrong with your stance. I just think that Shell is far from the worst and that, IMO, he's a little better than Edoga right now. I've said in other posts that I think the main weakness in the Jets OL is inside. But I also understand that the LT position is manned by JAG who will be a free agent, so a need there as well.
So, if I'm the Jets GM--and, let's face, it why NOT me?--with draft and free agency upcoming, I focus first on LT then OG/C.  RT is probably the strongest position on the OL, if you consider depth.

Yep. We’re actually very close in our stance. I just cant shake the memory of Myles Garrett running a train on Beachum a few weeks ago. Beachum is serviceable and he’s the best we’ve got at the moment but I wouldn’t want him unless it was to “compete” for a job with the full intention to have a 22 yr old starting next season.

I see She’ll as a limited player but who knows? If we have studs manning The rest of the spots glue might be able to hold up. Competition will be the best thing for everyone if any of these guys from our current OL remain.

I will second the weakness in the middle of the line though. It’s been simply atrocious. Let’s see how this group does against a decent Raiders front.

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yep. We’re actually very close in our stance. I just cant shake the memory of Myles Garrett running a train on Beachum a few weeks ago. Beachum is serviceable and he’s the best we’ve got at the moment but I wouldn’t want him unless it was to “compete” for a job with the full intention to have a 22 yr old starting next season.

I see She’ll as a limited player but who knows? If we have studs manning The rest of the spots glue might be able to hold up. Competition will be the best thing for everyone if any of these guys from our current OL remain.

I will second the weakness in the middle of the line though. It’s been simply atrocious. Let’s see how this group does against a decent Raiders front.

Hey, I'm not rigid, except where it counts. I think the Jets only NEED one significant upgrade to be average or better. At least enough to not the be the major liability it has been. Yeah, Beachum is clearly not ideal. And, certainly tomorrow's game offers a challenge.

Just be able to make a pocket and pick up blitzes like professional OLs do. That's all I ask. If they can manage to squeeze 80 yards out of Le'Veon Bell and 40 from Powell, I'd be impressed.

• Sympathy 1