Give me your most controversial food opinion

On 1/8/2020 at 9:32 AM, The Crusher said:

Pizza is subjective and I respect any man who cares enough to state his favorite. 

Pizza is simply lasagna with bread substituted for pasta.  In fact, Italian food has very little variety....it's some mix of a pasta/bread, sauce and then cheese.  When you're at an Italian restaurant and the waiter says, "Would you like the Baked Ziti or the Lasagna?" he's really just asking you what shape you want your food to be.  It's the same thing.  And don't tell me that the ricotta is the huge difference...adding ricotta is like turning a hamburger into a cheeseburger.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Pizza is simply lasagna with bread substituted for pasta.  In fact, Italian food has very little variety....it's some mix of a pasta/bread, sauce and then cheese.  When you're at an Italian restaurant and the waiter says, "Would you like the Baked Ziti or the Lasagna?" he's really just asking you what shape you want your food to be.  It's the same thing.  And don't tell me that the ricotta is the huge difference...adding ricotta is like turning a hamburger into a cheeseburger.

The same can be said for Mexican food.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, jetstream23 said:

My wife is Italian, half Sigi.  She makes this stuff all the time (extremely well, IMHO) and agrees with every word written above.  I've been hearing this for 30+ years.  It's why you will almost never find us at an Italian restaurant.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

McDonalds should go **** themselves for switching the french fry oil from trans fat to canola oil.  I'll probably live to see another 10 losing seasons of Jets football without ever eating a good french fry again.  Mcbastards.

Best McDonlad's fries was when they still used beef tallow.  Never tasted the same after they switched to vegetable oil in 1992.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

the kale thing has got to stop

Normally I don't care for kale; never disliked it but didn't go out of my way to eat it.

But I had two dishes in the last couple months that have swayed me: at Momofuku Noodle Bar in the East Village they sauteed kale with bacon fat, butter and finished it with breadcrubs. Holy fcking sh*t was it good.

And then at Faun in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn I had a kale, gorgonzola, pear salad that was out of this world. I find kale can be a great substitute for lettuce in certain salads, including caesar. It has more bite, texture, and flavor than a lot of lettuce.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You take it back right now pal.

He's not entirely wrong.  I like my bacon and eggs and will even put a couple slices on my burger from time to time but people have gone way overboard on the stuff.  All of those recipes that I see where they wrap the whole thing in bacon are just ridiculous.  

On 4/15/2020 at 4:23 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Chocolate Sauce instead of Spaghetti sauce. Try it. You'll thank me later.

Woah. 

That just blew my mind and as I'm thinking through it, I can see why it would be awesome. Might try that on one of the nights when we have a light salad for dinner. Pasta dessert. Might even through some cut up berries in there. 

On 12/15/2019 at 9:55 AM, The Crusher said:

Sadly, here Wegmans bagels probably as good as any you can find in a shop. The big chains like Einstein’s and Chesapeake here make there money guessing correctly that most people here do t know what a good bagel taste like. 

Couple slightly marginal pizza places here. Nothing great or worth driving to. I’ve been making my own pizza at home for  Two decafes. My Dad bought me one of those pizza stones from the Pamper shelf and I can make a pretty flawless  thin  crust with it. I worked in a pizza parlor back in the day so I learned how to slap dough. Honestly, I look like I should make pizza fir a living. 

giphy.gif