Give me your most controversial food opinion

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

9. Craft beer is a wonderful thing. A step in the right direction in human evolution. You dont agree? Then you must like heineken. Gross

Craft beer is the beer equiviliant of the snooty oenophile you complained about in pt 4.

Pick a side

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, CTM said:

There's a place for most everything. Late night after imbibing there's nothing like a hot regular slice of pizza.

Additionally, there's a lot of creative takes on traditional pizza that makes a quality meal in and of itself. Talulahs in Asbury is a good spot in NJ, it's inspired by places like Roberta's in Bushwick (also very good) . Last time I was there one of the pies we got was ricotta, mascarpone, honey and Myers lemon on home made sourdough. It was fantastic!

I have been to talulahs and had that pie and it was fantastic.

People talking sh*t about pizza have only had soulless pizza from god knows where. I no longer believe you can only get good pizza in NY, as that is not the case anymore, but there is plenty of bad pizza outside of NY. But when it comes to bad pizza......pizza is like a blowjob, even a bad one is still ok.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, HessStation said:

And as someone who grew up on TV dinners w a single dad I LOVE going out to eat w Foodies and letting them pick my food. 

Yep. It's great when you know a local foodie when travelling. When i went to Austin the first time I picked restaurants off google/open table and what not and they were, good. (the BBQ was great)  I went back for work about 4 months later and one of the guys at the company I was visiting was a foodie and he recommended some amazing places that weren't even on my radar the first time.

On 11/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, ljr said:

Liked that movie Sideways about the loser who lives for wine and going to different vineyards & stuff

Was like “yeah man ... that looks pretty cool ... hanging out , getting toasty with people & stuff”

Lasted about a week ... then i went back to “F those pretentious c*cks*ckers!” ... and hanging back out in my local dive bar

Still liked the movie though

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

People still don’t drink merlot. 

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Yep. It's great when you know a local foodie when travelling. When i went to Austin the first time I picked restaurants off google/open table and what not and they were, good. (the BBQ was great)  I went back for work about 4 months later and one of the guys at the company I was visiting was a foodie and he recommended some amazing places that weren't even on my radar the first time.

100% I had two NYC raised guys I used to work with, both awesome foodies who I use to love going out to eat with. One was an Italian old school guy from Brooklyn who knew the best family style Italian spots and the other was an upper east kid who’s parents were in the Foodie industry. Best places I’ve ever eaten. Always ask them for advice when I take wife or family in. All hail the foodies! 

• Sympathy 1

Comfort food rocks. Is it good for you? Of course not, it was created to fill you up.

Polish mom from Polish town, Riverhead NY.

Keilbasa & kraut- Has to have Barley to sweeten

Swedish Meatballs & gravy 

Beef Stroganoff

Creamed Chicken on Rice

Spagetti with Sweet Italian sausage

Chicken Fried Minute steaks

Baked Chicken Wings/Sprinkled with Lowreys season salt, finished under the broiler for extra crispy skin

Tomato Soup & Noodles (Have to admit, I can't eat this anymore) Parents would leave a large strainer with Pasta noodles in the sink for our older sister to feed us. She would just spray the pasta with hot water to enliven & drop them into the soup. Dip white bread with butter. 

This was pretty much a rinse & repeat menu of my childhood. Of course it also included snacks of clams on the half shell, smoked eel, blue crabs and a refridge filled with things I never ate, pigs knuckles, head cheese, sardines, those little glasses filled with tiny schrimp that ended up as our milk glasses in the cabinet, and the beer of choice was Rheingold as the distribution center was on the same street she grew up on.

Veganism is the worst thing to happen to vegetarians. All restaurants and meal prep companies essentially cater to two diets: meat or veganism; with just a few vegetarian options in between. 

Meanwhile there’s an entire segment in the middle that doesn’t enjoy meat but still want eggs and dairy products. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2019 at 7:02 PM, joewilly12 said:

Sushi sold in 31 states, including at 7-Eleven, recalled over possible listeria contamination

Fuji Food Products, Inc. recalled the products, which were sold at stores including 7-Eleven, Trader Joe's and Walgreens, according to the FDA.

Not so Controversial opinion:

You do not buy Sushi from Gas Stations, convenience stores, Chinese Restaurants, or any state without a direct coastline on the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, Carribbean, or Sea of Cortez. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Not so Controversial opinion:

You do not buy Sushi from Gas Stations, convenience stores, Chinese Restaurants, or any state without a direct coastline on the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, Carribbean, or Sea of Cortez. 

Agree 100%. I feel like you're a thrill-seeker or compulsive gambler if you're eating 7-11 sushi. It's just not a normal thing. I won't even eat it at my local 'gourmet' deli where they have 2 guys back there making it all day - I just don't trust the volume is enough that it's always fresh.

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2019 at 6:59 AM, Lil Bit Special said:

Indian food? Yuck. Thai food? Nah. 

Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a Kaiser roll...  the food of God.  I want to move back to LI just so i can have a delicious BEC every day again

First post I can read without a tear running down my cheek like the indian in the 70's littering commercials.  Indian and Tai food are probably my least favorite type of cuisine. Indian mostly because just don;t care for the yellow spice used. Tai Food? One they shred everything and I feel like I'm eating coleslaw no matter what the dish. Second in Tai food you make a mistake with their different type of hot fish sauces you can destroy your poop hole.  

For the record Lil Bit is my new favorite person here. 

Bacon, Egg and Cheese on anything is a real tough one to beat. My preference would be on an everything bagel. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

First post I can read without a tear running down my cheek like the indian in the 70's littering commercials.  Indian and Tai food are probably my least favorite type of cuisine. Indian mostly because just don;t care for the yellow spice used. Tai Food? One they shred everything and I feel like I'm eating coleslaw no matter what the dish. Second in Tai food you make a mistake with their different type of hot fish sauces you can destroy your poop hole.  

For the record Lil Bit is my new favorite person here. 

Bacon, Egg and Cheese on anything is a real tough one to beat. My preference would be on an everything bagel. 

I like Thai food.

But Indian food, don't get it. Never liked curry, and everything is too spicy. Not even hot necessarily, more that you cannot taste the actual protein or vegetable. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

I like Thai food.

But Indian food, don't get it. Never liked curry, and everything is too spicy. Not even hot necessarily, more that you cannot taste the actual protein or vegetable. 

Tai food just freaks me out because they shred everything and I can’t help but wonder what they are hiding