HawkeyeJet

Give me your most controversial food opinion

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Chicken in a Biscuit crackers are amazing in tomato soup. (any soup actually)

Yes sir. 

• Upvote 1

When I was a kid my mom made tenderloin, mashed potatoes and spinach.  I didn't like it until I mixed it all together......and added yellow mustard.  :)  It's fantastic.  In fact, connecting the odds dots of spinach and mustard is one of mankind's under appreciated discoveries.

• Confused 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:32 AM, The Crusher said:

Pizza is subjective and I respect any man who cares enough to state his favorite. 

Pizza is simply lasagna with bread substituted for pasta.  In fact, Italian food has very little variety....it's some mix of a pasta/bread, sauce and then cheese.  When you're at an Italian restaurant and the waiter says, "Would you like the Baked Ziti or the Lasagna?" he's really just asking you what shape you want your food to be.  It's the same thing.  And don't tell me that the ricotta is the huge difference...adding ricotta is like turning a hamburger into a cheeseburger.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Pizza is simply lasagna with bread substituted for pasta.  In fact, Italian food has very little variety....it's some mix of a pasta/bread, sauce and then cheese.  When you're at an Italian restaurant and the waiter says, "Would you like the Baked Ziti or the Lasagna?" he's really just asking you what shape you want your food to be.  It's the same thing.  And don't tell me that the ricotta is the huge difference...adding ricotta is like turning a hamburger into a cheeseburger.

9AAE54CA-6BE7-46EF-B116-B9FFE41CA942.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

9AAE54CA-6BE7-46EF-B116-B9FFE41CA942.jpeg

I think what you meant to say was, "What you've just said is....controversial.  Thanks for sticking to the spirit of the thread.  I hereby grant 1,000 reputation points."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think what you meant to say was, "What you've just said is....controversial.  Thanks for sticking to the spirit of the thread.  I hereby grant 1,000 reputation points."

Spirit of this thread sucks dog balls. 

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Spirit of this thread sucks dog balls. 

Well, sucking dog balls is definitely a controversial food opinion.

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Well, sucking dog balls is definitely a controversial food opinion.

Personally as a person with the obesity I have to make low sodium choices so I avoid the sweaty ones but other than that I’m a fan. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The same can be said for Mexican food.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2020 at 2:09 AM, PS17 said:

French merlot is outstanding. Not the jammy Napa crap. 

Pomerol and St Emilion are some of my favorites.

I agree, In my restaurant, everything outsells merlot.  It’s crazy. 

On 1/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, jetstream23 said:

My wife is Italian, half Sigi.  She makes this stuff all the time (extremely well, IMHO) and agrees with every word written above.  I've been hearing this for 30+ years.  It's why you will almost never find us at an Italian restaurant.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Maybe not as controversial as the rest, but New Haven, CT is the pizza capital of America.

Wars have started from less offensive statements that this. Connecticut pizza 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’m sure it’s white pizza with a glass of Chardonnay, pinkie held high.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

McDonalds should go **** themselves for switching the french fry oil from trans fat to canola oil.  I'll probably live to see another 10 losing seasons of Jets football without ever eating a good french fry again.  Mcbastards.

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

McDonalds should go **** themselves for switching the french fry oil from trans fat to canola oil.  I'll probably live to see another 10 losing seasons of Jets football without ever eating a good french fry again.  Mcbastards.

Best McDonlad's fries was when they still used beef tallow.  Never tasted the same after they switched to vegetable oil in 1992.

• Upvote 1

I want to know how the first person to drop an egg, looked at it and said "well, this looks delicious"

I can't look when people dip toast into a yolk. UGH, and soft boiled? There isn't a word to describe how horrible that looks and smells.