Aussie NFL Lover

Valentine we are happy to have you come home Mate! These blokes in the NFL are different athletes.

A Rugby League player can go over to the USA and have a go at American Football and maybe even get a run like Jarryd Hayne.

One thing is for sure, an NFL player could NEVER come to Australia and be a success at Rugby League (not Rugby as Y’all like to say).

Rugby League athletes are the best and toughest in the world. They are capable of incredible attacking feats whilst turning around and defending like soldiers. Most play for the entire 80 minutes of a game and can tough it out for long periods of a game before turning on some attacking brilliance.

I hope Valentine Holmes foray into the NFL and in my opinion, poor treatment by the NY Jets by not giving him any real game time, is an example for other League players to not waste time going to NFL. The main concern is that the NFL game might dull the talents of Rugby League players because they spend half their time on the sidleine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is like one of those “the WNBA is better than men’s basketball because the women are so fundamentally sound” posts and everyone just goes, “sure sure ok” and we all just kind of move on because who cares?

Sex is cool but have you watched the NHL?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Aussie NFL Lover said:

Valentine we are happy to have you come home Mate! These blokes in the NFL are different athletes.

A Rugby League player can go over to the USA and have a go at American Football and maybe even get a run like Jarryd Hayne.

One thing is for sure, an NFL player could NEVER come to Australia and be a success at Rugby League (not Rugby as Y’all like to say).

Rugby League athletes are the best and toughest in the world. They are capable of incredible attacking feats whilst turning around and defending like soldiers. Most play for the entire 80 minutes of a game and can tough it out for long periods of a game before turning on some attacking brilliance.

I hope Valentine Holmes foray into the NFL and in my opinion, poor treatment by the NY Jets by not giving him any real game time, is an example for other League players to not waste time going to NFL. The main concern is that the NFL game might dull the talents of Rugby League players because they spend half their time on the sidleine. 

You obviously have been hit in the head too many times.

• Thumb Down 3

19 minutes ago, Aussie NFL Lover said:

Wow you are a new kid on the block! Poor treatment by NY Jets? Explain! Also they cant give him game time. League rules are that he has to stay on practice squad all season - cant be on active roster. By the way which cell block are u in and which jail?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Aussie NFL Lover said:

I'm not sure about this whole "Rugby League athletes are the best and toughest in the world" thing but I'll give Australia this: Miranda Kerr is hot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

What do star Rugby League players get paid in comparison to the NFL minimum wage? 

Hope that after a full year of learning the game, he becomes a contributor on the field next season. Looked like he could potentially be the real deal when I saw him play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Wonder why fans of other sports always feel the need to compare themselves to football players? It really just comes across as pitiful insecurity tbh. 

You've never seen Irish fans of stickfighting, sorry, hurling. Now there are some of the most seriously insecure people. They compare EVERY sport unfavourably to hurling.

"I dunno how anyone could watch something as boring like that Super Bowl after watching that hurling match between Ballygobackwards  and the Mucksavage Gaels Under 14s, sure them big Yank fellas even with all their padding wouldn't last five minutes against them boys."

And Rugby League defecates upon Rugby Union from waaay on high.

• Haha 1

Having played both sports I’ll say this;

Rugby is more physical and takes more toughness to play. It’s constant running and constant mauling. No pads.  It takes tremendous endurance. It’s like combining the physicality of football and endurance of soccer together. 

but as far as athletes, NFL football players or more gifted. 

• Upvote 1

Ya know- I’m not so sure the op is that far off in his statement. Not the part about them being the best athletes. Rather the amount of NFLguys who couldn’t cut it.

Now- I’m sure plenty could- but why would they for likely the kind of money we all make? Not exactly sure but I bet they don’t make much.

I’m quite sure most of those guys are tough SOB’S and would likely kick the crap out of most of the prima donna over paid NFL guys. 

Let them have their beer league I say. As for Valentine Holmes. I applaud your effort dude. Stick to what you’re good at though. Best of luck. Cheers mate! ?

• Upvote 1

Not really sure what the point of your post is. Rugby Leaguers are insane athletes- arguably more well rounded than Gridiron players- but they’re different sports. Unfortunately Valentine was the victim of the system, not the Jets. He wasn’t going to get game time on any other team. Hopefully he lands on another practice squad or gets picked up by the Jets again when there are roster shuffles. 

Now, if you had said that Rugby League is a far inferior game to AFL, you’d have actually made a solid point.

I like that his username and post title are the same, like when the band Bad Company released the single “Bad Company” off the album Bad Company

One of the things that i’m most proud about teaching my 9 year old... love listening to the little $h*t going full blast hardcore Paul Rodgers from the backseat as we cruise the town and serenade the neighborhood!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

"I dunno how anyone could watch something as boring like that Super Bowl after watching that hurling match between Ballygobackwards  and the Mucksavage Gaels Under 14s, sure them big Yank fellas even with all their padding wouldn't last five minutes against them boys."

He’s got a point tbf.

12 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Rugby league a strange variation of Rugby Union. only played in sh*t hole towns in the North of England and Australia.

My home town, Melbourne, has a very good rugby team. But their attendance and membership lag behind most AFL teams. Rugby is the sport in New South Wales and Queensland. Just about everywhere else in Australia plays and follows Aussie rules.

• Sympathy 1