TeddEY

Jamal Adams Extension Negotiations

Glad that was a joke. Just the idea brought back memories of when Tanny gave Sanchez a guilt extension after Peyton Manning snubbed us.
I sure as hell hope JD doesn’t get caught in BS like that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

We finally have a home grown elite player- pay dat man his money (during his 5th year option)

He isn’t elite....at least not yet.  He had been a monster the past few weeks BUT let’s see if he can do it every game the rest of the year and against some better teams.  I think he is a very good player BUT hadn’t proven to be elite or impact the game consistently.  Look I hate Francesa but he has been pretty fair about Adams since we drafted him. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

He impacts every game by getting more stops on 3rd down than any other safety in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

posters opinions of his on field game are becoming the test of who watches with their eyes open lol

834C4172-3138-4076-A70E-E13D9C911936.gif

• Confused 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s been elite in 2 phases of the game (coverage and pass rush)and very good in the 3rd (run defense)since halfway through his second season and plays edge rusher, outside corner, slot corner, box safety and free safety. 

He impacts every game by getting more stops on 3rd down than any other safety in the NFL. 

Its getting ridiculous with the criticism of his game around here  the goal posts get moved every time he grows as a player  

this has nothing to do with his tweets press conferences or talk  

Say whatever you want about that 

posters opinions of his on field game are becoming the test of who watches with their eyes open lol

Calm down dude.  You act like I’m criticizing him. I called him a very good player which last I checked is a compliment lol.  By the way during the deadline I was dead set on keeping him UNLESS we got a Kings  ransom   Back.  However I feel like I have been very fair.  He had been a monster the past few weeks but he needs to play like that consistently and then I will say ELITE.  

39 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He isn’t elite....at least not yet.  He had been a monster the past few weeks BUT let’s see if he can do it every game the rest of the year and against some better teams.  I think he is a very good player BUT hadn’t proven to be elite or impact the game consistently.  Look I hate Francesa but he has been pretty fair about Adams since we drafted him. 

He's one of, if not the best safety in the league. If he's not elite, who is? 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He was a second team all pro last year and will likely be a first team all pro this year. What’s your threshold of elite?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

please tell me how he impactred our last 6 losses to the Pats

4 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

He's one of, if not the best safety in the league. If he's not elite, who is? 

a safety who gets a single solitary INT per 16 games is not even close to elite.

shall we bet money that he wont have as many as 4 INT in the next 2 years?

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Pac said:

Those opining that Adams' stellar play is increasing his trade value dont seem to understand that with every dominant performance it becomes less likely that JD will want to part with his all pro.

It's a win win at this point.  The haters have lost embarrassingly.  Either extend the Jamall Pro or fetch a kings ransom in compensation.  I think at this point the asking price of a 1st and two 2nds might be going up.

This post guarantees we’ll get a 2 and a conditional fifth rounder next year, so plan your mock drafts accordingly 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

please tell me how he impactred our last 6 losses to the Pats

Those games don’t count 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those games don’t count 

right...  like take out Sams worst games and recompute his QBR to elevate it so you can claim he's a good QB.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

Those opining that Adams' stellar play is increasing his trade value dont seem to understand that with every dominant performance it becomes less likely that JD will want to part with his all pro.

It's a win win at this point.  The haters have lost embarrassingly.  Either extend the Jamall Pro or fetch a kings ransom in compensation.  I think at this point the asking price of a 1st and two 2nds might be going up.

Agree. I'm fine either way. If we trade him and get 1st and two 2nds and use our top 2 picks on the OL, I'd be thrilled. But he's also taking his game to a new level even compared to last year when he made all pro. The only thing I would do though is make the decision this offseason. Trade him or sign him. Waiting to sign him when his contract is up would be a mistake. 

For the remainder of the season, I'm just hoping Quinnen can step and be an impact player. I'm also hoping for Bless to show he can be a starting outside corner. There's a lot of promise on the D side of the ball. Get a corner and throw every other asset on the O side of the ball (especially the OL).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He was a second team all pro last year and will likely be a first team all pro this year. What’s your threshold of elite?

It’s not like I’m criticizing the guy lol.  I said he is a very good player.  I simply said I want to see him consistently play like he has these past few weeks.  I’m not looking to trade him unless we were getting back a lot of high picks or a mixture of a Good OL and picks.  

• Upvote 3

Let’s see we paid : Enunwa we paid Trumaine Johnson, we paid Kalil, we paid Henry Anderson but no one wants to pay our home grown All Pro and Pro Bowler Jamal Adams?  Are u kidding me. Adams is not the type of player to pull a Wilkerson on us. You pay and keep Adams. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s not like I’m criticizing the guy lol.  I said he is a very good player.  I simply said I want to see him consistently play like he has these past few weeks.  I’m not looking to trade him unless we were getting back a lot of high picks or a mixture of a Good OL and picks.  

That's fair. He's taking his game to a new level the last few games. I'm hoping Gregg continues to experiment with him as a pass rusher on the edge. He doesn't fit the mold of a traditional edge defender but I'm intrigued. Q, Big Steve, and Foley can hold up the line and Jenkins can rush the passer on the other side. Aside from Darnold's development, how Gregg continues to Jamal is probably the most interesting thing for me at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Let’s see we paid : Enunwa we paid Trumaine Johnson, we paid Kalil, we paid Henry Anderson but no one wants to pay our home grown All Pro and Pro Bowler Jamal Adams?  Are u kidding me. Adams is not the type of player to pull a Wilkerson on us. You pay and keep Adams. 

Was against Enunwa, Tru and on the fence about Anderson. I thought Kalil was worth a flier. Dead wrong.

On the fence about Adams...  all depends on what the offer is for him....

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

That's fair. He's taking his game to a new level the last few games.

Let’s guarantee him $17 mil per because he got sacks against two rookie QBs on teams with a combined 3-17 record.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Enunwa we paid Trumaine Johnson, we paid Kalil, we paid Henry Anderson but

Literally every dollar if those contracts was wasted so let’s waste some more 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Trade him as soon as is possible, while his perceived asset value is high.

He will never, ever, be worth what he will need to be paid to be retained.

We can use picks from trading him more than we can use him.

It's almost a no-brainer, fan-hysteria about "elite player" aside.

Not personal, just business.

It's been my experience that in every sport where one team trades away an elite player the team getting that elite player usually wins the trade. 

I go back to Tom Seaver for a bunch of Cincy studs on down to Farrior, Abraham, Keyshawn, Geno, lol

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

He will be traded.  Jets will get a second, third and fourth rounder this year.  Before all the gasps.  Douglas wants as many picks as possible.  Watch- he will do everything  under the sun and the stars to get as many picks as possible.

Douglas could have gotten a first rounder at the deadline because a team would have gotten another half season on the rookie deal.  Any team acquiring Adams will have to pay him, which is similar to a FA meaning the return goes down.

• Thumb Down 5

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s guarantee him $17 mil per because he got sacks against two rookie QBs on teams with a combined 3-17 record.

Funny, only our guys get meaningless sacks against scrubs.  

Not once has anyone did an indepth discection of Donaldsons equal number of sacks.  Or anyone else's for that matter.  Our guy?  Nothing to write home about.  Because the teams records has so much to do with sacks by a S

If they want him, they'll sign him now, as they should.  Cimini tweeted this earlier.   The Jets as of today according to OTC are $61 mil under the cap, with $18 available in cuts.  Under today's cap.  

10 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

He will be traded.  Jets will get a second, third and fourth rounder this year.  Before all the gasps.  Douglas wants as many picks as possible.  Watch- he will do everything  under the sun and the stars to get as many picks as possible.

Douglas could have gotten a first rounder at the deadline because a team would have gotten another half season on the rookie deal.  Any team acquiring Adams will have to pay him, which is similar to a FA meaning the return goes down.

Incorrect. His play after the deadline improved and his value went UP. He is on a rookie deal meaning that the team trading him doesnt have to think about a contract for a few years. There is no way on god's green earth would we trade him for that bad of shells you threw on the table. His trade value didnt drop a whole round because of a half of season less on his contract.

You must be a Cowboys fan 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, only our guys get meaningless sacks against scrubs.  

Not once has anyone did an indepth discection of Donaldsons equal number of sacks.  Or anyone else's for that matter.  Our guy?  Nothing to write home about.  Because the teams records has so much to do with sacks by a S

Are you talking about former Falcons strong safety Jeff Donaldson, whom Jerry Glanville referred to as “last of the trained killers”? 

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they want him, they'll sign him now, as they should.  Cimini tweeted this earlier.   The Jets as of today according to OTC are $61 mil under the cap, with $18 available in cuts.  Under today's cap.  

Jason Fitzgerald was interviewed by Kristian Dyer in SI and he said the same thing—if they extend him, they should do it now, but they’ll likely have to pony up CJ. Mosley money 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1