Jamal Adams Extension Negotiations

ZachEY

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jason Fitzgerald was interviewed by Kristian Dyer in SI and he said the same thing—if they extend him, they should do it now, but they’ll likely have to pony up CJ. Mosley money 

Not only do they have the money but given you can usually opt out after 2 to 3 seasons, if his play falls off it works out to the teams advsntage

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Not only do they have the money but given you can usually opt out after 2 to 3 seasons, if his play falls off it works out to the teams advsntage

Trade him and draft a center who’s going to play for you for ten years and, when we’re good in three years, sign Jamal back when whatever dumb team pays him ends up cutting him. Win win winwinwinwinwin

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Trade him as soon as is possible, while his perceived asset value is high.

He will never, ever, be worth what he will need to be paid to be retained.

We can use picks from trading him more than we can use him.

It's almost a no-brainer, fan-hysteria about "elite player" aside.

Not personal, just business.

Trading talent for lottery picks is fool's gold.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Extend him or trade him this offseason, we will have 6 more games to evaluate him. I'm not going to gush over the past 3 games when their combined record is 5-25

He'll likely ask for ~$17M per year. Would make him the highest paid safety by $3M and the highest DB by $2M. He won't get top Edge money which is ~$20M, although I could see him claiming he should be the highest paid defensive player in the league. I like that they are using him as a rusher, that's where the game changing plays will likely come from. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Extend him or trade him this offseason, we will have 6 more games to evaluate him. I'm not going to gush over the past 3 games when their combined record is 5-25

He'll likely ask for ~$17M per year. Would make him the highest paid safety by $3M and the highest DB by $2M. He won't get top Edge money which is ~$20M, although I could see him claiming he should be the highest paid defensive player in the league. I like that they are using him as a rusher, that's where the game changing plays will likely come from. 

Two 1st and he’s a goner..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

We have to trade Adams his value is at an all time high 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

a safety who gets a single solitary INT per 16 games is not even close to elite.

shall we bet money that he wont have as many as 4 INT in the next 2 years?

He's a Strong Safety. You are thinking of Free Safeties who drop back into coverage more often. That's why they don't have the same name at the position. I thought this was common knowledge. I guess some people never played a down of football in their life. 

If I had to choose right now I say keep Jamal Adams he's been kicking ass. And a great big sayonara to Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley who have done diddly-squat!

What kind of draft picks might those stupendous team leaders bring? If it's enough to draft a wide receiver , offensive lineman and cornerback that can start,  I'll gladly take it!  A running back rotation and the three guys we've been rotating at middle linebacker all year have done a fine job.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Let’s trade Jamal Adams so we can draft a guy 75% as good as Jamal Adams.

But don’t worry, the new guy plays a different position so it’s all cool and totally worth it. 

A 21 year old left tackle on a rookie contract who is “75% as good as Jamal Adams” would be a mother****ing godsend holy sh*t

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

He's a Strong Safety. You are thinking of Free Safeties who drop back into coverage more often. That's why they don't have the same name at the position. I thought this was common knowledge. I guess some people never played a down of football in their life. 

This is wrong. They’re called “strong safeties” because they deadlift 3X their body weight. 

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It's been my experience that in every sport where one team trades away an elite player the team getting that elite player usually wins the trade. 

I go back to Tom Seaver for a bunch of Cincy studs on down to Farrior, Abraham, Keyshawn, Geno, lol

herschelwalkervikingstradeap.jpg

Also, keep in mind: 

Adams has the numbers he has because 1. We have no edge players of any talent whatsoever and B. We're not playing Mosely at LB, we're playing our 43rd string LB'ers at this point.

In a properly built team, your Strong Safety is not your #1 pass rusher.  Your Edges are, then your stud LB'ers are.

• Upvote 1