Memories of Mike Macagnan

Rob123

I feel I can be honest with all of you.  I am a good old fashioned soothsayer.  I can't always see the future but when I can it relates to the Jets.  I recently had a vision about what Trader Mike Macagnan would say this offseason  if he were still in charge of the Jets.

On free agency

“First things first.  Get me a list of guys who play niche sports who want to play in the NFL.  Finding a kicker is boring and we have to fill out the practice squad.  Are there any midfielders in Argentina who want to be a punter in the NFL?  I love it when the Post makes Serby write articles about this stuff”

“Center, guard and right tackle are overrated positions.  We feel we can find value in different players related to these positions and be effective in rotating them in and out of the game".  

"I don't see us spending big on the OL and we will look for value and allocate our resources to the interior, where I believe it is important to stop the run"

On trades

“Even though I dubbed myself Trader Mike to the media, I actually rarely make trades”.

“I am so smart, other NFL GMs just don’t get it.  If you acquire players in their 30s you don’t have to give up very much”

On the draft

“I know some might say we are thin on the OL.  I think I can handle this via free agency and not in the draft.  The priority in this draft will be what it always is, drafting  the best players capable of stopping the run”.

If they ask about trading down- “Ummmm Uhhhh, gosh, oh, well we are gonna get a really good player if we stay in our original slot”.

"Even though we don’t need one, tight ends are always incredibly hard to find in free agency.  Look at what happened to the Patriots this year without Gronkowski.  Even if we have multiple tight ends, my gut says to take another this year".

"I need a list of guys recovering from career threatening injuries.  We can’t risk free agency, we have  to make sure we draft them in the later rounds.  Most of these guys will never suit up again but if they do I want it clear I drafted them".

"I don’t want to hear the term “wide receiver” until the sixth round.  Even then that is only if he is on the list of guys with huge injuries.  We are not wasting the picks we can find a few gems in the undrafted free agents.  It is very easy to find quality receivers who can stay healthy, I have never had a problem doing this".

"I want a list of the guys with the most talent and worst attitudes.  We can get through to them her on Jet drive.  I want of list of every college player held back by attitude problems so I can find my diamond in the rough.  Trader Mike will make sure there are never an UDFA".

• Thumb Down 2

We haven’t heard a word out of him. Same thing after Idzik was fired. So prob in their contracts and they wanted to be paid what the team owes them. You’d think if he wants to he can find employment. But so far he hasn’t. The record wasn’t there so you can’t complain about the firing. As for draft picks no longer on the team or in the NFL it’s not that unusual. Most NFL players careers last about 3 years. Look at draft lists from his seasons and many of those guys are long gone not just Jets picks but around the league. The Darnold trade up was a good deal and he signed some good players including his 2 top FAs this year when he had money. Earlier in his career I thought he was poor at handling his budget with bad signings like Revis but much interference from ownership. I thought he improved but he was his record and time for new blood. 

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Sadly.. you can tell by that picture that he is forever in the friend zone. The designated driver that holds her hair when she pukes. She cries about the guy she actually wants to screw. He's such a good friend she can tell them anything and even ask if her ass looks fat in her bikini.. sadly he fantasizes every night.

Till that one dreaded day he stands up for himself and tries to stake his claim and she laughs in his face and tells him he's definitely never getting any pussy.  Poor Mike Maccagnan. She was all like ...no dude... and he just put his head down and kicked rocks and went home and we never heard from him again..

100% correct. I hit that last week. Macc was nowhere to be found. Not a single mention of him btw...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rob123 said:

I feel I can be honest with all of you.  I am a good old fashioned soothsayer.  I can't always see the future but when I can it relates to the Jets.  I recently had a vision about what Trader Mike Macagnan would say this offseason  if he were still in charge of the Jets.

On free agency

“First things first.  Get me a list of guys who play niche sports who want to play in the NFL.  Finding a kicker is boring and we have to fill out the practice squad.  Are there any midfielders in Argentina who want to be a punter in the NFL?  I love it when the Post makes Serby write articles about this stuff”

“Center, guard and right tackle are overrated positions.  We feel we can find value in different players related to these positions and be effective in rotating them in and out of the game".  

"I don't see us spending big on the OL and we will look for value and allocate our resources to the interior, where I believe it is important to stop the run"

On trades

“Even though I dubbed myself Trader Mike to the media, I actually rarely make trades”.

“I am so smart, other NFL GMs just don’t get it.  If you acquire players in their 30s you don’t have to give up very much”

On the draft

“I know some might say we are thin on the OL.  I think I can handle this via free agency and not in the draft.  The priority in this draft will be what it always is, drafting  the best players capable of stopping the run”.

If they ask about trading down- “Ummmm Uhhhh, gosh, oh, well we are gonna get a really good player if we stay in our original slot”.

"Even though we don’t need one, tight ends are always incredibly hard to find in free agency.  Look at what happened to the Patriots this year without Gronkowski.  Even if we have multiple tight ends, my gut says to take another this year".

"I need a list of guys recovering from career threatening injuries.  We can’t risk free agency, we have  to make sure we draft them in the later rounds.  Most of these guys will never suit up again but if they do I want it clear I drafted them".

"I don’t want to hear the term “wide receiver” until the sixth round.  Even then that is only if he is on the list of guys with huge injuries.  We are not wasting the picks we can find a few gems in the undrafted free agents.  It is very easy to find quality receivers who can stay healthy, I have never had a problem doing this".

"I want a list of the guys with the most talent and worst attitudes.  We can get through to them her on Jet drive.  I want of list of every college player held back by attitude problems so I can find my diamond in the rough.  Trader Mike will make sure there are never an UDFA".

Fear And Loathing Movie GIF by elmisterca

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Sadly.. you can tell by that picture that he is forever in the friend zone. The designated driver that holds her hair when she pukes. She cries about the guy she actually wants to screw. He's such a good friend she can tell them anything and even ask if her ass looks fat in her bikini.. sadly he fantasizes every night.

Till that one dreaded day he stands up for himself and tries to stake his claim and she laughs in his face and tells him he's definitely never getting any pussy.  Poor Mike Maccagnan. She was all like ...no dude... and he just put his head down and kicked rocks and went home and we never heard from him again..

Once she  Realizes he is an unemployable dope.....  she’s gone. 

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

r/oddlyspecific