TE Ryan Griffen Signs Multi-Year Extension (Update: 3 year - up to $10.8 mm w/incentives)

I like this a whole bunch. He knows how to find the holes in the defense and has solid hands. He also plays with an attitude. I’m glad he’s around for Sam.

He’s also probably a good guy for Wesco to have around as well. I love Herndon but the best ability is availability. He’s had trouble with that for more than one reason.

I really like this move!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Awesome. He is helping out our offense a lot right now. Darnold had his best games when he developed that improv connection with Herndon. Took about just as long to do it with Griffin but it has looked good for a few weeks. I like seeing our GM be proactive. Now get Jenkins locked up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

Awesome. He is helping out our offense a lot right now. Darnold had his best games when he developed that improv connection with Herndon. Took about just as long to do it with Griffin but it has looked good for a few weeks. I like seeing our GM be proactive. Now get Jenkins locked up. 

Right. Signing guys before they get to the open market is smart. Griffin was sitting on his couch after the big FA signing period was over. Nabbing him when we did was very fortunate. Now not letting him get back on the street is smart.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes that makes 3 positions that are set lol.

QB

DL

TE

CB could be half way there if Austin continues to work out.

S. No problems there as long as they don't trade Jamal

WR position is not a ghost town

LB position far from shabby.  Need that edge guy.

O-Line.  UG !!!!

One good off season could turn the roster into a playoff team

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes that makes 3 positions that are set lol.

QB

DL

TE

ILB should be set assuming everyone isn't dead this time. And I don't think Bell is going anywhere. Also Adams and Maye are under contract. So that makes si-

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ahem....we extended our long snapper as well.

Oh, SEVEN. Seven spots filled. Great!

All we need is some OLB's, two corner backs, a kicker, a punter, a few more Wide Receivers and an entirely new offensive line and maybe this team can overcome it's head coach!

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Idk. He’s had a couple of good games - but he’s been around 7 years and not done a whole lot.

I guess $3mm pet isn’t expensive. So a nice deal but I wouldn’t expect too much from him.

24:25:31

Sometimes it’s all about chemistry.  He has that with Sam 

• Sympathy 2