TE Ryan Griffen Signs Multi-Year Extension (Update: 3 year - up to $10.8 mm w/incentives)

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Incredible to see guys get extended solely on merit (along with McClendon) and have it be a big Jets story. It goes to show how long it’s been since players got rewarded here for simply being a good professional player. Don’t forget, Gase did this with Bilal Powell, too. It sets a good precedent for the locker room and reflects well on the priorities of the leadership group.

What? Mark Sanchez earned that extension!

Making yourself cry is, like, a really difficult skill.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Incredible to see guys get extended solely on merit (along with McClendon) and have it be a big Jets story. It goes to show how long it’s been since players got rewarded here for simply being a good professional player. Don’t forget, Gase did this with Bilal Powell, too. It sets a good precedent for the locker room and reflects well on the priorities of the leadership group.

I agree.

I wonder if this reasoning applies to safeties 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Griffen is the TE version of Bilal Powell. Overachieving JAG who works hard and is a professional. Pats have built a dynasty on guys like that.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I like it. Safety blanket Darnold has chemistry with. I assume it wasn't a massive contract.

Agreed...  he is the kind of player we did NOT surround Sanchez with after 2010. We let Cotch and Marshall walk.  Griffin is no kid and has been "given up on" BUT this is a measured risk on our part.  Not breaking the bank and if I were the kids CPA/CFP I could make this money last the rest of his life living a great life.   Hope to see him playing great the next 3 years!!!

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Came here to post this. When I saw the news, I thought “is this what fans of smart teams feel like all the time?”

• Upvote 3

Another example of how bad Macagnan was- 2 straight drafts where you take a tight end in the 4th and now you have to sign another.

Herndon always had injury concerns- everyone said yes he is a first round talent but gets injured which is why no other team took him.

Remember Sefarian Jenkins- similar situation in you are often able to find good tight ends in FA and should refrain from drafting them high.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:51 PM, jetsons said:

I didn't realize he's 29... I never heard of him before & thought he was new to the league... even still 29 is not old & he could play well for another 6-7 yrs...  which is good by me.

3 to 4 yrs he is a decent back up the thing is he finally found a qb that needs that out let to a TE and he is in position to be that player, on the other teams he played on I don't think he had that opportunity. Credit him he is making the most of it