Maxman

### Jets \ Raiders -- The Official Game Thread ###

Haha. The Raiders D looks like another Redskins/Giants D. 

Their offense is a different story though. I think our D is going to have their hands full. I’m excited to watch Bless Austin. Good or bad. We’re going to learn a little bit more about him.

The good news is that the Raiders are going to want yo run the ball especially in the rain. The jets D is currently the number one run defense in the league. While we all know that’s a a tricky stat with our passing D being as weak as it is, we still do a good job of holding good RB’s in check.

The rain will at least make it a bit more difficult for the Raiders passing game to pick up all of the slack if their running game is stunted by our big DL. So our defense really is matched up nicely against the strength of their offense.

Now... what does that mean for our offense? Probably the same thing but the Raiders pass defense might just be worse than ours and hopefully Griffin is just giddy about his contract extension and plays lights out. The short passing game to the big guys like Griffin, Brown and Wesco could be just what the doctor ordered for today. Add to that the quick slants to Crowder.

I feel good about our chances and am looking for a good competitive game. Should be fun.

Go Jets!!!

Jets 24

Raiders 17

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Growth by Darnold there.
Rolling and has nothing, eats a sack knowing they are in line for points.
Gets a gift penalty, scores next play.  Positive affirmation for him in his head that sometimes no play is the better play.

Right. Even though he could have floated it to bell in the back corner of the end zone a second earlier, i agree that Sam looked good not taking the risk and blowing the points.

• Upvote 1

Only called against the jets 
Its actually in the rule book 

Seems that way. The WR actually lowered his shoulder and crushed Austin

Good first half. A few big mistakes/penalties took 11 points off of the board for us. We are here to win this game and it’s nice to see.
The OL is the nicest surprise so far and this just might be the best they’ve looked all season.

The raiders have had some mistakes too like the dropped passes but we are playing better than they are so far.
Let’s come out with the ball in the second half and cram a big TD right down their throats!!!

LOL. According to Raiderholic it was up to Gruden whether the Raiders were going to win a close game or win by a blowout. I guess Gruden felt like being embarrassed today. Go figure. 

Haha. That’s a great comment.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company