Adam Gase update

NYJ1

For those of you Adam Gase non-believers, you may want rethink your feelings?

I don't want to go overboard here, but I see some positive things coming out of this season snd Adam Gase is showing himself to be the architect:

1) Despite Sammy's recent mind numbing interceptions in recent weeks, he's really starting to play well. I really wish Gase would call more roll outs as Sammy throws exceptionally well on the run. That aside,  Gase's playcalling really seems to take advantage of what Sammy does well. He's helping the kid build confidence.  This is a great approach for the future. 

2) Jets offense has scored on their opening possession in 5 straight games. Did you ever believe this to be possible in about week 4? I don't think anyone saw this coming. Since about 2009, the Jets offense has always been notoriously slow starters. Taking one third of the game off before getting the offense going has been common. Now, you see Sam taking a leadership role and elevating the play of everyone around him. Could this be a trend we're witnessing?

3) Jets defense is number 1 against the run. This is really no secret,  and Greg Williams has had a lot to do with this, but this downright stingy against the run. The secondary is marginal at best and the pass rush is almost non-existent, but the coaching staff is getting a lot out of the players. 

4) The Jets could possibly win 7 games this year? Would anyone have thought that was possible in week 4? I know I didn't. It's nothing short of amazing if this sad sack group wins 7 games. If Gase gets this team to SIX wins, I believe he's done a truly good job considering how poor the talent is. 

The above things are all things Bowles never did unless he had Mac spending 50 million. So once again, I don't want to go overboard with praise, but if the above continues I can't see any earthly reason for Adam Gase not to be welcomed back next season 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is his first good game. He needs more of these type of games. Great coaches overcome adversity of personnel. 

This is most definitely a step in the right direction. 

What about the Cowboys game?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m by no means his biggest supporter . But his offense has been putting up points the past 3 games ..  this is probably his best game . But it isn’t his 1st good game . 

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

What about the Cowboys game?

I guess I should explain my statement. 

This is the first game that I seen from the Jets where they won every facet of the game. Im not walking away with this saying "yeah, but they should have done this thing over here better because they almost blew the game". 

This was a complete football game. The Cowboys game was a great half of football. It wasnt a complete game. 

Gase is the right guy to coach this team and as the weeks pass you will see this.  Anyone notice things began to get better when many of the Macagnan acquisitions were cut or placed on IR?

Watch- after the end of this year, the draft and Douglas acquisition the Jets will become a sheik pick like the Browns were this year.

This is nit picking but the Raiders waived the white flag punting 4th and 2 midfield in the 3rd quarter and gase had Darnold in there throwing and stopping the clock 

the obvious play calls of roll outs and screens came after Darnold spoke up

to his credit the opening drives have been beautiful 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Larz said:

This is nit picking but the Raiders waived the white flag punting 4th and 2 midfield in the 3rd quarter and gase had Darnold in there throwing and stopping the clock 

the obvious play calls of roll outs and screens came after Darnold spoke up

to his credit the opening drives have been beautiful 

The Raiders committed a TON of unforced errors today 

• Upvote 1