Sam Darnold's past 5 Weeks

jetstream23

It’s almost as if it’s directly related to the caliber of defense he’s playing. 

All kidding aside, Beachum returning and stabilizing a shoddy line shows the kind of play Sam can  deliver. Most impressive has been his decisions to throw the ball away. Best play today was throwing it away after having his touchdown overturned, instead of trying to get it back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

That “back up” Oline is miles better than the one we had. Giving Darnold even a little bit of time helps, the role outs are good to, playing to his strengths.

The high-priced "name" guys like Osemele and Kalil out of the picture we're having success with guys who seem to be really motivated to play well.  Alex Lewis, Harrison, Compton, etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

The high-priced "name" guys like Osemele and Kalil out of the picture we're having success with guys who seem to be really motivated to play well.  Alex Lewis, Harrison, Compton, etc.

OL coach??

who knows...  ? not me.

he's got more time now. and we are getting 4-8 yds running instead of 3-5 0-2 yd stuffs in a row.

I've been very impressed with Darnold the last two weeks, who wouldn't be? The same with Gase, he's quietly done a very nice job with the game plans. He also seems to have gotten Sam to play smarter and protect the football.

Winning is fun, hopefully the Jets keep playing well the rest of the season. I'm driving up to Long Island tomorrow for the Holidays, and it will be nice to get back into my "retired guy" routine up there. Go out in the morning, get a coffee and a paper, sit in the car and listen to FAN.

Best of all I get to watch the Jets games while relaxing at home on Sundays instead of having to go out. I'm a simple man, but a happy one, LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

That “back up” Oline is miles better than the one we had. Giving Darnold even a little bit of time helps, the role outs are good to, playing to his strengths.

Yeah I agree. 

Hard to believe Beachum/Osemele/Kalil/Winters/Edoga

Is worse than....

Beachum/Lewis/Harison/Comptn/Shell 

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It's funny.   It's like, the games he gets sacked more than 6 times, he turns the ball over more.

Get at least 2 new legit quality starters this offseason on the O-Line and watch him take off.

Yeah isn’t that “amazing” haha.

And when his OL plays like the worst unit in the league, which they recently were, it would have probably been best to cut Darnold and draft a new QB next year.

Again, Darnold has performed more admirably this year playing behind this OL than Tom Brady probably would have.  But to some that argument is off limits.

Jets don’t have to build the best OL in front him , just something adequate and the Kid will be deadly every week..roll left, roll right, stay in the pocket (when he is given time), Darnold is going to shape into a nightmare for Ds league wide...just give him that extra 1/2 second to make his Reads.

My favorite play today was when I said out loud “Run!!!” when he had nothing but green field in front of him and no Raiders....but instead, he was SO confident in himself he whipped an off balance rope into a thimble sized window.

Lots of DCs are going to be angrily biting their lip while shaking their head when they see that play on tape.  NOT MANY QBs in the league can hit that throw.  Any arguments?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've been very impressed with Darnold the last two weeks, who wouldn't be? The same with Gase, he's quietly done a very nice job with the game plans. He also seems to have gotten Sam to play smarter and protect the football.

Winning is fun, hopefully the Jets keep playing well the rest of the season. I'm driving up to Long Island tomorrow for the Holidays, and it will be nice to get back into my "retired guy" routine up there. Go out in the morning, get a coffee and a paper, sit in the car and listen to FAN.

Best of all I get to watch the Jets games while relaxing at home on Sundays instead of having to go out. I'm a simple man, but a happy one, LOL

Team looks rejuvenated.  I understand the schedule is easier but if we end up 8-8 that’s pretty damn good considering all the injuries and all the craziness early on

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

A meeting with Gase, some less challenging opponents, an improving OLine....and a confident QB coming into his own.

546043428_ScreenShot2019-11-24at3_22_46PM.png.030f2a05fe95c6a8e7d302860fe6c1f7.png

1096498966_ScreenShot2019-11-24at3_17_02PM.png.ac9f2cb791a86b238b4f8a7ee214babc.png

I love this statistic, however I wouldn't get carried away. The Raiders played as bad as any of our last 2 opponents. They played so sloppy that I'm surprised Chucky didn't chew their arses.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Winters and Kalil please play golf rest of the year we really don’t need you

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Team looks rejuvenated.  I understand the schedule is easier but if we end up 8-8 that’s pretty damn good considering all the injuries and all the craziness early on

I'm a "you can only beat the team you're playing today" guy.

I don't care if we're playing Vanderbilt, a win is a win. There are no walkovers in the NFL, remember how Miami was "trying to lose"? How did that work out for us? I think 7 or more wins is on the table right now. I have to be honest, I didn't see this coming a few weeks ago, but it's fun!!!!

• Upvote 2