Darnold this year...

Y3k

I would look at Sam's best 5 or 6 games since last December, and put that in the context of the Offensive Line and other players he's had to work with.

He has played some really great football games and I believe he's 4-4 this year.  The only games you can truly remove are the Cleveland, New England (first time) and Philadelphia.

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

Stats on the year

Yards 1,600
TD 11
INT 10

Those are his #’s

(I could see adding his 2 rushing TD’s if I want to pump him up a little as a fan of his ... I’m sure Bills fans do-so with Josh Allen)

Trending strongly upwards

I’m very happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You didn't add in the raiders game. 1915 yards 13 TDS 10 ints

• Sympathy 1

Rewatching the whole game now and Sam Darnold is dare I say...masterful.

His spatial awareness and instant decisions and then accuracy was other worldly today. I’m serious. The pass to Robbie over the DB when he should’ve ran it on 3rd and 2. I actually slow mo’d it from the end zone shot to see what Sam was seeing and the decision was so quick and the window so small and he throws so instant- a perfect pass with zip and just the right arc.  It was Steve Nash.

Then the Berrios long pass- a small slide in the pocket to his right creating an unusual angle as Berrios ran his slant- hitting him perfectly in stride off platform. 

Passes like these are what makes this kid special. If he can consistently do this while cutting down his mistakes there is no limit. This was the best NYJ QB play I can remember seeing. 

not that the numbers were mind blowing but the pure talent- not athleticism but QB magic this kid could make. 

this is top QB 2-3 QB in the league type stuff. Get him an OL and 1-2 more beast playmakers and this could really be something we’ve never seen before on the jets.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's def. reasonable to look at this...It's not just a "bad" game.

This was BB with two weeks to prepare - against a guy with less than 15 starts ---- BB has made much more experiences QB's look silly...

I'm not saying the numbers in that game shouldn't count but i also thinks it's fair to take the situation into consideration - and look at how well Sam has been playing..

Agreed.  plus Sam clearly wasn't 100% yet.  Mono takes a long time to really full go away

This is the second year in a row that Darnold has seemed to figure out and has become comfortable with the offense he is running after half the season.  There's definitely something to be said for continuity of personnel and coaching.

I didn't think Gase had it in him to deliver the goods with Sam, but they both have apparently turned the the corner.  Looking for consistency from both the rest of the season to transition to 2020 on a very good note.