Jets enraged by Raiders fans boos in MetLife takeover

joewilly12

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

New York Raiders fans only are assured a game in the area once every 6 years, they paid good money for the tickets, they're coming.

New York Jets fans have already attended 6-8 home games and can take a rainy/cold/miserable day off heading into Thanksgiving.

Add it up, lots of Raiders fans, not a lot of Jets fans.  It's cool though-  I quite enjoy getting the last laugh in front of a bunch of quiet frontrunners.  Cowboys and Raiders, please.

SAR I

I was there, it was great watching them leaving the stadium with their tails between their legs. They were so confident when the game started. ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Raiders fans bought their tickets months ago, at the start of the season.  They don’t come East that often.  Those fans traveling have to make air and hotel arrangements.

‘Pennies on the dollar‘ are for Jets fans who live here and choose not to go.

SAR I

If you don’t sell your tickets for a fair price you’re not a real fan!!

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey Jamal crazy thought here but maybe don’t go 3-7 and then people will actually desire to spend a day of their lives sitting through horrible weather so they can watch you play football. 

Me me me me me. All the time. 

We were not 3-7. With a healthy Sam Darnold, the Jets are 4-3. 

Respectfully, I think Jamal has a very good point and I think that instead of 35,000 empty seats there should’ve been 35,000 season-ticket holder‘s at yesterday‘s game.  This coach and these players have been put in an unfair and unfortunate situation and they have asked for our help repeatedly. Putting on a raincoat and sitting in seats fans have already paid for it’s not a big ask.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

You don't know have to buy Jet tickets months in advance...Tickets can be received in seconds, no more waiting for the mailman to come deliver them.  People know to wait and they will get a deeply discounted ticket. Wait for the psl holders to get desperate because their tickets can't sell for face and pick them up on the cheap. PSL GOLD

You do of you're traveling.  You don't book flights and maybe rooms without having a ticket first.  

Which perma banned poster are you.  You respond to @SAR I with capitalized PSL GOLD, you've been here before, posted here before.  

Ill guess we have a @FireTheJohnsonssighting. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This.

It’s about time this team has a “ not in our house “ mentality.

I read that pro athletes use disrespect as  a motivational factor all the time...second to money of course.

This is something to build on!

It's not our house ; it's Giants stadium . We are a tenant . We need an owner who will build us our own stadium like a normal sports franchise . 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

When your team has only a few teams in late November and December then stadiums will be filled with opposing fans.  Oakland fans travel well just like Pitt and Dallas and some Green Bay.  Niners are winning again so I'm sure their fans have woke from hibernation and dusted off their jerseys too.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

oh wow my bad didn’t realize that

This wasn’t a Super Bowl season, the hope was that Adam Gase and Sam Darnold would grow together and start to win important games against playoff caliber teams as a necessary step towards our future.

So if attending a game like yesterday‘s wasn’t part of the plan, not sure exactly why anyone would have wanted season tickets for this year anyway.  I get the fact of the weather sucked, but we have been very fortunate in the MetLife era to rarely have had games in foul weather.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

It's not our house ; it's Giants stadium . We are a tenant . We need an owner who will build us our own stadium like a normal sports franchise . 

Jesus Christ, after the last three weeks this is really what you want to talk about?

Let’s save your sad and customary throwback to 2008 for the off-season.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Shared stadium 50/50 

2 hours ago, mphtrilogy said:

I thought Robbie jumping into the stands (right next to a raider fan) was a highlight.. would like to see more of this stuff from the players engaging the jet fans 

NY Jets fans need to learn how to embrace the leap and help him back down before he gets injured. 

Did anyone else see the blonde to the right take a header and saving most of her beer. 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

When your team has only a few teams in late November and December then stadiums will be filled with opposing fans.  Oakland fans travel well just like Pitt and Dallas and some Green Bay.  Niners are winning again so I'm sure their fans have woke from hibernation and dusted off their jerseys too.

And remember, many of these fans aren’t “traveling“; they are our neighbors in the New York metropolitan area who bandwagoned in the 80s and 90s. Pathetic. 

By the way, I didn’t hear anyone complaining about how “awful“ it was the Jets fans took over Washington last week. Why is that?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

This is the norm for 2 teams in one city, and the stadium is closer to the city the Jets represent than many if not most.

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey Jamal crazy thought here but maybe don’t go 3-7 and then people will actually desire to spend a day of their lives sitting through horrible weather so they can watch you play football. 

Me me me me me. All the time. 

I find this ironic .

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

When is this nonsense gonna end. How many Cowboys fans were at "Giants" stadium , how about this week when they host the Packers.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

What a loser mentality you have. It is our house.  The Jets invested just as much as the Giants in that stadium.  Go whine somewhere else.  We just kicked the Raiders ass and you complain??

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

And remember, many of these fans aren’t “traveling“; they are our neighbors in the New York metropolitan area who bandwagoned in the 80s and 90s. Pathetic. 

By the way, I didn’t hear anyone complaining about how “awful“ it was the Jets fans took over Washington last week. Why is that?

SAR I

As much as I hate it, this is the modern day NFL. The Patriots have won 3 million straight at home. That sounded like a Cowboys home game last night. The digital economy has changed things. If teams want to create incentives for not selling they can. That being said, they won't. Money talks.

So this is what we have...the best alternative for the Jets is keep winning.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Maxman said:

As much as I hate it, this is the modern day NFL. The Patriots have won 3 million straight at home. That sounded like a Cowboys home game last night. The digital economy has changed things. If teams want to create incentives for not selling they can. That being said, they won't. Money talks.

So this is what we have...the best alternative for the Jets is keep winning.

Exactly right.

And I don't mind enemy fans in the building.  It spices things up.  Hell, Jets fans complain most of the time, it's nice to hear enemy fans whining about their teams too.

SAR I

5 hours ago, isired said:
8 hours ago, SAM SAM HE said:

This is the norm for 2 teams in one city, and the stadium is closer to the city the Jets represent than many if not most.

Norm my butt . WE WANT A STADIUM .

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

New York Raiders fans only are assured a game in the area once every 6 years, they paid good money for the tickets, they're coming.

New York Jets fans have already attended 6-8 home games and can take a rainy/cold/miserable day off heading into Thanksgiving.

Add it up, lots of Raiders fans, not a lot of Jets fans.  It's cool though-  I quite enjoy getting the last laugh in front of a bunch of quiet frontrunners.  Cowboys and Raiders, please.

SAR I

Translation:  SAR made good money selling his seats last week.

If they're upset they should do something about it and continue winning in a consistent and sometimes dominate manner the rest of this season. Then next year come out as functional winners who are going to the playoffs cause they kicked ass instead of hoping other teams lose. Otherwise cry me are river you 260-320lb snowflakes.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  I thought you had the opposing teams fans under control? 

Not sure what you mean.

Opposing fans in this forum, who cares, they're sensitive and thus easy to irritate, quite the opposite of their feeble intentions.  Opposing fans is in the stadium, that's just a 2019 NFL fact of life.  The Jets overtook FedEx Field last week, I didn't hear anyone in here complain.  If you were listening to the Patriots game yesterday, there were more Cowboys fans there than there were in MetLife. 

NFL fans in a strong economy with low unemployment and reasonable airfares travel to games.  Tickets are available because not all fans can attend 10 home games per year and Stubhub allows them to get reimbursed.  I'm going to LA next year, maybe Seattle too, pity we're not in Vegas.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Translation:  SAR made good money selling his seats last week.

I've been to all 6 games this season, will wind up going to all 8.  1 of the preseason games as well.

I sold 2 seats to the Cleveland game because my big ones are away at college and it was too late for my little ones to attend.  2 Jets fans bought my tickets on Stubhub below face value, they sat next to us.  I'm not the problem.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

We were not 3-7. With a healthy Sam Darnold, the Jets are 4-3. 

Respectfully, I think Jamal has a very good point and I think that instead of 35,000 empty seats there should’ve been 35,000 season-ticket holder‘s at yesterday‘s game.  This coach and these players have been put in an unfair and unfortunate situation and they have asked for our help repeatedly. Putting on a raincoat and sitting in seats fans have already paid for it’s not a big ask.

SAR I

We're not 4-7 either.  We're 3-0 since the airplane.