Serious Question: Is Quinnen ON The Field?

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Shep was a third rounder last year but I get your point. At this point I don't even care about sacks, I just want too see the kid stand out and make a play. 

He honestly plays the run well. Unfortunately that gets no ones attention. He's super young, super potential. Worry if he sucks by this time next season that he's a bust. I bet he will be twice as good by then.

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He honestly plays the run well. Unfortunately that gets no ones attention. He's super young, super potential. Worry if he sucks by this time next season that he's a bust. I bet he will be twice as good by then.

Can you read your own signature on your posts?

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

#1 run defense gave up 3 pts who gives a crap

I care.

This is not a franchise that can afford to waste #3 overall picks when it has them. We picked what looks like a nailed on JAG who plays in by far the strongest position on the team. Even the best case scenario with Q wouldn’t have changed much.

**** Mac. I’ll never amiss a chance to sh*t on that guy.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Guys, he's doing nothing. We get it. How many times can we possibly say it? Enough with these threads.

This is a Jets board, and we are discussing Jets players. If you don't like it, don't click on it. 

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

#1 run defense gave up 3 pts who gives a crap

Jet fans give a crap. we drafted this kid very high and he has been completely invisible. We aren't in a position to be throwing away draft picks.

34 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Last year at this time we all thought Shepherd and Foley Fat were drafted bustees. Sometimes it takes longer than season one to make an impact. The said guys this year are a big reason why we are the #1 rush defense in the league.

Fair point. But neither of those guys were the 3rd overall pick in the draft. There's certain expectations when you are drafted that high, and he is certainly not living up to the hype.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’re leading the league in run D

We held another top RB to 2.0 yards per.

WTF did oone of the DL, in the middle of it all do. 

We need someone to complain about after 34-3

We're 4-7 and our gem of the first round, the third overall pick looks like he is MIA. That is a legitimate complaint because he's been invisible all year. 

It's not a crime to point out a player that is not getting it done even when we win a game.....I'm sure the coaches are doing it. He is also the only player getting flak here after todays game.

• Upvote 1

Quinnen was another overdrafted Mac DT.

He does not have the body or skills to play DT effectively in the NFL this year.  If Quinnen show up next draft from the same tape from Alabama, he is 20-30, like MoWilk.  

Last year at this time Shepherd and Foley were absolutely no where.  Like no where.  

Quinnen will be much better next year, and in 2021 Anderson and McClendon will not be on the team.   He will be ok.  He is a good kid and this should not be personable against him.  MacCagnan is and was an idiot.  But let's support Quinnen on his journey and hope he is an All-Pro for Jets Sake.  

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Is this true?

That’s my take, though I probably should state it without the authority I did.

Mehta reported that Gase was frustrated with Maccagnan not accepting his input on draft picks.

While I’d normally say that Mehta is full of sh*t, in this case we know from multiple sources that Gase forced Maccagnan out. Also lending credence to this theory is that Gase was not seen on draft day. A conspicuous absence. 

Putting all of that aside, it’s not a stretch to think that Gase, being an offensive coach, didn’t agree with the Jets selecting a DT with the 3rd overall pick. 

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’re leading the league in run D

We held another top RB to 2.0 yards per.

WTF did oone of the DL, in the middle of it all do. 

We need someone to complain about after 34-3

It’s really ridiculous here tonight. Every thread is someone complaining about something.

The team won it’s third in a row, crushing the Raiders. Darnold is playing great. Gase is game planning the sh*t out of the offense, and the defense gave up 3 points. But hey, let’s start another Quinnen is a bust thread. Next will be the one about Jamal not being an impact player, then the Fire Gase one will follow...

I’m starting to think the only reason a lot of people come here to post is just to complain. They’re never going to be happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

et every thread seems to be someone complaining about something. I’m starting to think the only reason a lot of people come here to post is just to complain. They’re never going to be happy.

Maybe I'm missing where everyone is complaining after this win. There are so many threads on here that it's impossible to keep up with but the only one I see questioning a player is this one and QW and it is deserved. 

Don't you think Williams is going too lay into him tomorrow after film session? 

58 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Adam Gase actually refused to be in the draft room when he saw Maccagnan’s draft board, likely with Q Williams at the top. True story. 

Gase also lobbied hard for Kalil and refused to bench him till his arm fell off.

Just saying...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

These threads are really getting ridiculous now.  Hell its the same thing for Sam. When he makes a mistake all of a sudden we have “Sam is a bust” thread.  Gotta have some damn patience.  li know fans just want to see sacks but that’s not the whole game.

Of course it's absurd but it happens every year..  last year it was about Shepard and Fatukasi.. now they suddenly ❤️ them. 

Next year when Q is tearing it up they'll wonder why Wesco is only a role player and scream some more about Macc.

Rinse...  repeat...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

It's amazing, they cry about Adams because he talks too much. Then they have a quietly productive guy and want him shipped out...for a first rounder?!

Meanwhile, his unit is probably playing the best football of any DL in football right now.

Quietly productive? He has done nothing all year. He is completely invisible. He averages 1 tackle a game. That's productive to you? For the 3rd pick in the draft?

All of you thought he was Aaron Donald part 2 and the Best player in the draft. LMAO