southtown24th

Serious Question: Is Quinnen ON The Field?

25 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Your right I've never seen a DT knife into the backfield and tackle the RB. 

Aaron Donald only leads the league in tackles for loss. Same position. 

When Snacks Harrison was rated the #1 run defender in the nfl in 2015 he had a grand total of 39 tackles in 16 games

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Yea except everyone on this board called him Aaron Donald 2.0 when he was drafted.

And I wasn't comparing him to Donald to be clear. Someone said that dts don't get tackles. And It just so happens that dts can make tackles. Donald leads the league in tackles for loss

No that was most peoples pick, Ed Oliver.  Had Donald’s build, measurables etc.

Who’s struggling also.  

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Love the insistence to compare a rookie learning the pro game to a future HOF player.  His record setting year no less. 

Well that’s the QW haters big thing he isn’t already as good as Aaron Donald

Btw Jonah still isn’t as good as Edoga

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No that was most peoples pick, Ed Oliver.  Had Donald’s build, measurables etc.

Who’s struggling also.  

Let’s be honest here this place was a Jonah Williams circle jerk

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Suh and dareus were top 5 picks at the same position. Those are there rookie numbers

That also didn’t play in 3-4 Ds

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Pac said:

Apparently you weren't paying attention last Feb-April when the draft talk was going on.  Jonah and TJ were talked about ad nauseam. 

He's a refresher after week 1:

As far as the Q, 99% of the pundits loved the pick at 3 and I suspect you will too around this time next year. 

My view hasn't changed.  I still prefer the idea of providing tools for Darnold's success, especially when one tool can both block and catch.

Q....well, I hope for the best.  This year he's been present.  We'll see if he's "best player in draft" quality next year. 

38 minutes ago, Pac said:

Why are people acting like Dee Milliner, CJ Mosely, Jordan Leggett, Marcus Maye, etc etc etc weren't called busts for getting hurt?

I'm not sure what your point is. Jonah Williams got hurt in practice. Getting hurt happens and likely wouldn't have happened on any other team. The same goes for CJ Mosely, unless he had a pre-existing groin injury.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm not sure what your point is. Jonah Williams got hurt in practice. Getting hurt happens and likely wouldn't have happened on any other team. The same goes for CJ Mosely, unless he had a pre-existing groin injury.

My point is I've read hundreds, if not thousands, of posts calling Jets draft picks who got hurt busts.  Surprised this seems foreign to you.

Regardless - I actually agree with you.  It's dumb to call a guy who gets hurt in year 1 a bust but if Macc had drafted Joba and he got hurt in training camp, the Macc haterz would have absolutely lost their minds.

All that has lead to helping them to the same record we have including getting embarrassed by Ryan Tannehill today.

Oh, so team performance and W-L record matters now when evaluating a player?

You can’t possibly spin QW >/= Josh Allen. But you’re Pac so here we are.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your defense of Allen is an unintended admission that all your Jamal crap about the almighty IMPACT POZITION PLAYER is just that...  crap.

check mate.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can’t possibly spin QW >/= Josh Allen. But you’re Pac so here we are.

Ain’t this the argument y’all use for Jamal ? 

Your defense of Allen is an unintended admission that all your Jamal crap about the almighty IMPACT POZITION PLAYER is just that...  crap. check mate. 

Except that Josh Allen’s stats and production as a rookie are impressive. Adams’ stats and production are finally looking pretty good in year 3, and only when doing things that mostly aren’t sustainable for a Safety in the modern NFL.

Allen is a pass rusher, and is doing well at that. Adams is....a linebacker? A safety that maybe can cover but isn’t used like that much? How will that play out in the long term? OC’s figure things like that out over time.

• Upvote 1

Ain’t this the argument y’all use for Jamal ? 

I suppose. And I’m glad Adams has played a big role in 3 straight W’s. Keep doing that.

But I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let Pac get away with ripping on Josh Allen for his team not winning in an attempt to defend the QW pick. It’s an indefensible pick at this point, much like 95 % of Macc’s picks. The best we can hope for is he turns into a poor man’s Gerald McCoy.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except that Josh Allen’s stats and production as a rookie are impressive. Adams’ stats and production are finally looking pretty good in year 3, and only when doing things that mostly aren’t sustainable for a Safety in the modern NFL.

Allen is a pass rusher, and is doing well at that. Adams is....a linebacker? A safety that maybe can cover but isn’t used like that much? How will that play out in the long term? OC’s figure things like that out over time.

They call that a "box safety"... a position that's been around for a significant period of time. 

They call that a "box safety"... a position that's been around for a significant period of time. 

Oh I thought we weren’t allowed to call Jamal “just a Box Safety”

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh I thought we weren’t allowed to call Jamal “just a Box Safety”

I'm not... I'm just answering your statement.... he's a strong safety that plays exceptionally well when put in the box safety position.

I'm not... I'm just answering your statement.... he's a strong safety that plays exceptionally well put in the box safety position.

And I agree with that assessment.
  • Upvote 1

Here are the stats for our D-linemen yesterday:

Apparently, even though we held the Raiders running game in check and dealt a serious blow to Josh Jacobs chances for offensive rookie of the year.....it looks like NONE of our D-linemen were on the field yesterday.

How'd that happen?

😏

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s fat and weak, and he was a one year wonder at Alabama. Let’s see what he looks like next season when he grows some pubic hair

He's definitely more reminiscent of Baby Huey than Warren Sapp.

• Upvote 1

Quinnen was was not a good pick, even if he WAS playing at a high level this year.  The team had other pressing needs and Mac ignored them.  This is a fact, and no matter how good Quinnen actually becomes, it will be held against him by many because of the justified hatred for Mac.  

44 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Revis was mediocre as a rookie. Look how he turned out. Patience please.

Patience does not exist in Jetland lol

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think it's  just hard to notice the guy in this defense.  Not sure we use our DL correctly. 

I think if we had.a decent edge rusher hed be feasting.  We are hitting the gaps really well.  It's ust that only Adam's is really benefiting from it..