Call Me Crazy, But Sam Darnold Reminds Me of...

3 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Hopefully you didn’t mean the Rodgers that showed up tonight. 

He looks like he’s seeing those ghosts. 

His LT was injured early and he had no time all night. No QB, not even a HOF like Rodgers can throw off their back...

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Aaron Rogers!

Throwing darts on the run...

Lobbing it over defenders with great touch...

Throwing while moving to the left...

Throwing while moving to the right...

Sliding to evade pressure...

Throwing while jumping or off a hop...

All with great accuracy...

Qb sneaking for TD's...

Superiorly gifted athletes...

And the best part, Darnold is 12 years younger than Rogers...

christ make it stop

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Aaron Rogers!

Throwing darts on the run...

Lobbing it over defenders with great touch...

Throwing while moving to the left...

Throwing while moving to the right...

Sliding to evade pressure...

Throwing while jumping or off a hop...

All with great accuracy...

Qb sneaking for TD's...

Superiorly gifted athletes...

And the best part, Darnold is 12 years younger than Rogers...

You're far from crazy.

Rodgers on his best days might have a somewhat stronger arm than Darnold, because it was a cannon, I don't think he ever got recognition for that, and Darnold's arm is also very strong when he needs it to be, although some people don't realize that either.  They see him throwing mostly touch passes and think his arm is weak.  How weak was it today on that rope he threw rather than run?  I actually think Darnold is a better overall athlete.

Let Douglas put more pieces around the now 22 year old.

Get used to seeing Jet blow outs....on the side of the good guys.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Xtina said:

The way he positions himself I hate to say it he reminds of Mark Sanchez 

Seriously though every time I try to compare Sam to another quarterback I find his abilities and traits to be somewhat better almost across the board. For example. He's not a scrambling quarterback but he can run and he's bigger than most scrambling quarterbacks. He's not a pocket passer and doesn't have a huge rifle but I've seen this guy throw bullets from the pocket and on the Run. He seems to be just shy of the great ones but a little bit better than the good ones LOL. And Christ he's still just turned 22 years old which means he's still growing!

Every time I try to compare him to another quarterback he's either bigger stronger faster smarter more accurate Or can make the unscheduled play that others just can't. He is extremely well-rounded and I would say a very good quarterback. Again I really don't think there's another quarterback in the league I would take for this team at this point in time with that's very serious consideration.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

His style of play always reminded me of Aaron Rodgers. Definitely agree. He’s that style of QB. Not many are. Can he be of the same caliber QB as Arod? That’s a whole different question. Can’t wait till he gets a few more years under his belt. It’s gonna be fun to watch. He’s already a very fun QB to watch play.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Seriously though every time I try to compare Sam to another quarterback I find his abilities and traits to be somewhat better almost across the board. For example. He's not a scrambling quarterback but he can run and he's bigger than most scrambling quarterbacks. He's not a pocket passer and doesn't have a huge rifle but I've seen this guy throw bullets from the pocket and on the Run. He seems to be just shy of the great ones but a little bit better than the good ones LOL. And Christ he's still just turned 22 years old which means he's still growing!

Every time I try to compare him to another quarterback he's either bigger stronger faster smarter more accurate Or can make the unscheduled play that others just can't. He is extremely well-rounded and I would say a very good quarterback. Again I really don't think there's another quarterback in the league I would take for this team at this point in time with that's very serious consideration.

hyperbole of th eyear nominee.

he's looked top tier of late.

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

He even throws the ball away at that right time.....plus all the praise noted above.  It seems the Superbowl 3 curse has finally been lifted.  Go Jets!     

Get a grip dude....  can we get to the playoffs before talking about curses being lifted.... df is the matter with you

• Upvote 1

Darnold is showing he can ball. Given that extra time, it’s allowing us to see the kids got talent. We was very down a month ago, now we are high. The truth is in the middle, he’s showing he’s got the capacity to learn. This is key for a young player.

I do think we have something, it’s up to the GM to show this in the off season and build around him. Unlike the other clowns we've had at GM.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We was very down a month ago, now we are high. The truth is in the middle, he’s showing he’s got the capacity to learn. This is key for a young player

the body of work needs, as a whole, to move up...  as it has been...    reduce errors... know when to throw it away or tuck and run... 

• Upvote 1