Is Gregg Williams going to leave us?

Rhg1084

I've been thinking about this most of the Season myself and if he leaves that would really suck. It has been noted that I liked Williams as well as Adam as our head coach when both of them were first free and I really think we lucked out.

I hope they're smart enough to keep this together. We are just starting to really see what real football men can achieve for this team for the first time in god-knows-how-long.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, docdhc said:

He didn’t get a HC job even after turning around the Browns. I think he’s not considered head coaching material anymore. 

Exactly. 

Not to mention most teams these days are more interested in young Offensive minded HCs and not old school, defensive minded HCs. Of all the hires this offseason, we saw 8 new HCs, 6 were Offensive minded and 2 were defensive. I think that trend continues. 

And if there is a team looking for a defensive minded head coach I am sure the Saleh dude from SF is going to be on the top of everyone's list. 

So I am pretty sure Gregg Williams is "stuck" with us for a while. 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s his contract situation? He’s been phenomenal this year wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a head coaching opportunity 

Gregg will only leave for a HC job. I don't see it happening. I think he will be back.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Gregg will only leave for a HC job. I don't see it happening. I think he will be back.

Gregg has averaged 2-2.5 seasons at each stop since 2001. He seems to “leave” for a variety of reasons, lol.  

I think he’ll be back next year too but he’s highly unlikely to be a long term guy anywhere he goes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gregg has averaged 2-2.5 seasons at each stop since 2001. He seems to “leave” for a variety of reasons, lol. 

I think he’ll be back next year too but he’s highly unlikely to be a long term guy anywhere he goes.

Hope he is a back. He has earned a HC shot with his performance last year in Cleveland. He had some baggage that cost him the HC job but he is doing amazing job this year with our squad and I hope they talk him into staying a few more seasons

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

yeah I don't see him here in 4 years but I definitely think he'll be back next year.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Winning eases a lot of bad feelings.

And, I don't think Gregg got along with Kitchens particularly well either.

That’s the hope. Gase and Williams are both volatile guys. No surprise they may have some friction. But if they’re each getting the job done now and the wins continue, no reason they can’t work together. 

As has been said, Williams can only leave for a head coaching job. Otherwise, the only way he’s gone is if the Jets fire him. There’d have to be some terrible behind-the-scenes stuff happening for that to go down. 

Probably will if we ever go far in the playoffs or win.a championship.  But he's got two things against him now.

1.)  The fallout from Bounty Gate

2.) He's a blowhard who pisses off certain people around the league.

But Williams can dial in a good defense and he's proven it around the league.  Be happy we got him at a tramsirionary period of his career. 

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Probably will if we ever win a championship.  But he's got two things against him now.

1.)  The fallout from Bounty Gate

2.) He's a blowhard who pisses off certain people around the league.

But GregWilliam's can dial in a good defense and he's proven it around the league.  Be happy we got him at a tramsirionary period of his career. 

Williams has never been a good political guy he’s kind of similar to Rex in that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way that’s part of why he got forced out in Cleveland after doing a really good job

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s been searching for the right home. Maybe he found it. Winning has a way to keep people. Hope the Jets can turn it around