Robert Steven Anderson is worth what!?

Robby is an enigma!  Plain and simple. One week he looks like a wr1 or wr2.. the next week he disappears? He makes great plays and jumps into the stands.. then he hardly tries to catch contested balls over the middle?  Then he makes circus catches.. will The Real Slim Shady please stand up!?  He can speak eloquently  certain interviews, then acts like a complete dope and makes boneheaded plays on the field for costly penalties?

Is he a 1, 2  ,or  3 !!??  should we give him 8 million, 12 million, 16 million? I honestly just don't know.  I'm asking you my brethren for your honest and serious opinion. I'm sure if he leaves he'll get more than we will offer him. So how much is he actually worth?

I admit I have warmed up to this guy and I'm wishing him well and I'd like to keep Robby, I just need to see more stability. However his body of work thus far says what???

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'd say ideally he would be our 4th wr.  At best he is a 2. But the Jets never draft any wrs so he is currently being used as our #1. 

3 is definitely Crowder in the slot. 1 and 2 should be up for grabs this off-season. I'd love to draft jeudy or lamb in the first (go online 2&3) and sign a #2 wr in FA. Off my head I'm not sure who's available.

The contract they gave Quincy is probably the most I would offer Robby. I don't think he's worth more than 8 mill a year

kind of what I was thinking on the same monetary value level but I think Robby could be a solid number two if he grows up a little bit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Yuh huh 

Dude I gave you the Darth Vader mask after I had it for years..  in green.  LOL. But I honestly didn't understand what you said I think maybe I'm stoned and you're drunk? Some days chicken cutlets some days Dunkin Donuts. Anyway what are your thoughts on Robby Anderson?

• Haha 1

Robby is a good player, but he is not a #1. He isn't a very good route runner. He is just a HR threat. Which is great, if you also have a #1 playing alongside him. 

The problem is that the FA market isn't anything special next year. The only way a player better than Anderson shakes free is if the Cowboys can't sign Dak and they have to franchise tag him which will leave Cooper a free agent. 

Cooper is an elite #1 WR that would transform this offense. 

There is also AJ Green who probably has a couple of more really good years left. Signing him and drafting a project with one of our 3rds is not a bad way to approach the problem. And there is also Emmanuel Sanders who could also be a solid 1 year filler. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do you guys understand how football works???  Robby did the heavy lifting today.  

Last week it was crowder and griffin.

There is only 1 football to go around.  We are taking what the d gives us.  For the last few weeks they have been giving us crowder and griffin.  

Today they focused on those two and it was robbys turn to have a big day.

Yes I understand how football works. We are obviously working with what we have available week-to-week role players. But that doesn't answer the original question which is what is Robby worth to this team? We just gave Griffin 3 million a year for the next three years doesn't he have more touchdowns than Robby Anderson this year?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Dude I gave you the Darth Vader mask after I had it for years..  in green.  LOL. But I honestly didn't understand what you said I think maybe I'm stoned and you're drunk? Some days chicken cutlets some days Dunkin Donuts. Anyway what are your thoughts on Robby Anderson?

My friend I’ve had this avatar for 20 years here. Pick fights you can win.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

In the last 16 games with Sam Darnold as QB, Robby has 911 yards and 8 TDs. I'm on board with keeping him, I think he'll definitely cost more than Enunwa though.

We are definately keeping him.  He is one of our better players.  The hate for this guy is really strange.  He is a really good player for us.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

My friend I’ve had this avatar for 20 years here. Pick fights you can win.

So have I my my friend.. on ALL of the Jets fan sites. And I wouldn't consider this silly thing a fight. However I've already shown you respect and you don't seem to get it so just let it go and enjoy yourself

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If he asks for more than Q got, no chance I’d bring him back.

I can certainly see why people wouldn't want to pay him but he will definitely ask for more since Enunwa got $9m and Crowder got $9.5m. different GM I know but he wouldn't be out of line to ask for that. 

If Robby leaves this off-season I'd target DeMarcus Robinson from KC. I think he's been under utilized and buried on their depth chart not to mention he likely won't cost much.

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If the jets can land a true number one talent in the draft maybe like Jeudy, would bode very well for Robby. An offense consisting of Jeudy, Crowder, Robby, Herndon, Griffin, and Leveon I think would be a serious problem for a lot of teams

I liked the idea of Amari Cooper in free agency. It's a possibility. Cooper alongside Anderson and Crowder along with Griffin and Herndon sounds quite nice to me

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

I liked the idea of Amari Cooper in free agency. It's a possibility. Cooper alongside Anderson and Crowder along with Griffin and Herndon sounds quite nice to me

Even Berrios showed a nice burst of speed today on that catch. Maybe he can turn into our version of Edelman/Welker in the slot

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Even Berrios showed a nice burst of speed today on that catch. Maybe he can turn into our version of Edelman/Welker in the slot

A definite clone of those guys! And man he can run. It's nice to feel optimistic isn't it!? we really kicked ass today. It makes one's Outlook much more positive so cheers to that s*** and let's get more of those!

I can certainly see why people wouldn't want to pay him but he will definitely ask for more since Enunwa got $9m and Crowder got $9.5m. different GM I know but he wouldn't be out of line to ask for that.

Perhaps, but I don’t think he has much leverage. This is supposed to be a talent-rich WR group coming out in the 2020 draft.    

Even if he’s considered possibly the best free agent WR2 (competing with the likes of Randall Cobb and Manny Sanders), I dont think the open market would be too kind to him. He doesn’t have the pedigree of being a former high pick, and he hasn’t exactly had a tremendous season in a contract year.

We don’t yet know how shrewd a negotiatior Douglas is, but we do know there are few who were ever worse than Macc.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perhaps, but I don’t think he has much leverage. This is supposed to be a talent-rich WR group coming out in the 2020 draft.

Even if he’s possibly the best free agent WR2, I dont think the open market would be too kind to him.

Yea I don't know too much about the WRs outside of the first round. I just expect us to focus on OL in the draft, at least early on. I'd 100% be on board for Lamb, Jackson, or the kid from Liberty. I'm not the biggest Jeudy fan.

• Sympathy 1

Yea I don't know too much about the WRs outside of the first round. I just expect us to focus on OL in the draft, at least early on. I'd 100% be on board for Lamb, Jackson, or the kid from Liberty. I'm not the biggest Jeudy fan.

I’d look to sign Robby at WR3 value, bring back Demaryius on the cheap, then hope a good WR falls to us in the 2nd/3rd round.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if he’s considered possibly the best free agent WR2 (competing with the likes of Randall Cobb and Manny Sanders), I dont think the open market would be too kind to him. He doesn’t have the pedigree of being a former high pick, and he hasn’t exactly had a tremendous season in a contract year.

We don’t yet know how shrewd a negotiatior Douglas is, but we do know there are few who were ever worse than Macc.

3 games w/ falk...   ugh...  

i mean, i root for the kid, much in the same way i did for #80...

ima jus wait and see...  i think he'll get a few more Tds...

5 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So have I my my friend.. on ALL of the Jets fan sites. And I wouldn't consider this silly thing a fight. However I've already shown you respect and you don't seem to get it so just let it go and enjoy yourself

You brought it up. I don’t even know who you are or what you’re talking about.

Do you guys understand how football works???  Robby did the heavy lifting today.  
Last week it was crowder and griffin.
There is only 1 football to go around.  We are taking what the d gives us.  For the last few weeks they have been giving us crowder and griffin.  
Today they focused on those two and it was robbys turn to have a big day.

4 catches for 84 yards and a touchdown is not a big day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2