Greenbloodblitz

Robert Steven Anderson is worth what!?

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

In the last 16 games with Sam Darnold as QB, Robby has 911 yards and 8 TDs. I'm on board with keeping him, I think he'll definitely cost more than Enunwa though.

Robby is the third or 4th best WR in upcoming free agency he’s gonna get paid big time

If the jets lock him up to a $50 million deal that will be our next debacle contract 

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He’s probably THE best WR set to hit FA.

What’s his competition? Tajae Sharpe and Demarcus Robinson?

Guys like Cooper, Green and Sanders are almost guaranteed to re-sign with their current teams.

It’s going to take $11-12 million a year to keep Robby.

If he performed like yesterday on at least a semi-consistent basis, I’d have no problem giving it to him.

But it’s a bit of a hard sell for me right now.

Fitz, Emmanuel Sanders and Amari Cooper will all be UFA

Robby is not worth $10 mil per.  I’d rather draft a WR and resign Thomas to a one year deal

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, Tony MaC said:

There's no guarantee any of those guys actually hit free agency come March. Meanwhile they have Robby in the building all winter, that's a factor. 

There's also no guarantee they draft a top WR in the first or second rounds, we've got an o-line to build, etc, etc. 

Re-upping a young contributing WR with some kind of continuity with SD before delving into the unknown seems like the right move. The going rate for that is gonna be a little north of 10 million, sorry.

And honestly re-signing Anderson shouldn't stop the Jets from doing anything else. Assuming he takes away 10 million they'll have well over 50 million left to work with. This is the kind of move you do when you have a young QB on a cheap deal in need of any kind of aid he can get.

I agree and I have changed my mind.

The free agent market is so friggin bad at WR we have no choice but to lock up Robby long term 

Does Robby deserve $50 mil?  Hell no but we have no better options 

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

been calling him a wr2/wr3 hybrid for a while now...

you could be paying a 5'10" 185 lb brandin cooks 16.8 million next year ...who ......

29/434 and 1td so far this year...

\

How much if that is Goff getting exposed tho

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

s also true. my point is that cooks was inflated by playing w/ 2 hof qbs and got paid.

not advocating that pay for ra. 

I changed my mind we pretty much have no choice but to pay for RA

The free agent market at WR sucks

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Sportrac has his market value at 4 years $47 million dollars. This is comparable to Tyrell Williams deal last year. 

I’m still on the fence about him mostly because I still don’t feel Darnold’s deep ball is good enough to take advantage of Robby’s main skill. Plus in Gase’s offense, Crowder is a good second option. 

What I would like to see. 3 years $30 million. This gives Robby the chance at a second contract if he lives up to the potential. For the Jets, it reduces risk and also frees up cash if we need to make room for Darnold’s eventual contract.  

He’s going to get what Tyrell Williams got but slightly more

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company