Greenbloodblitz

Robert Steven Anderson is worth what!?

i usually refrain from using figures about players cos i aint a gm or nuthn...

i see no way/reason he should accept less than q. hes performing as well as alot of the names on that list.

the 10-12 list above, i mean

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if he’s considered possibly the best free agent WR2 (competing with the likes of Randall Cobb and Manny Sanders), I dont think the open market would be too kind to him. He doesn’t have the pedigree of being a former high pick, and he hasn’t exactly had a tremendous season in a contract year.

We don’t yet know how shrewd a negotiatior Douglas is, but we do know there are few who were ever worse than Macc.

3 games w/ falk...   ugh...  

i mean, i root for the kid, much in the same way i did for #80...

ima jus wait and see...  i think he'll get a few more Tds...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28156728

these types of throws are bad throws.

but people here ream RA cos "he doesnt come back for the ball"

its BS

its a bad throw.

Amari Cooper must suck by these standards.

along with the standards that say gilmore shutting you down means u suck.

get real people.

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

unless he's running simple go-routes, he’s not that effective regardless.

yeah thos 2 rz TDs on crossing routes these last 2 weeks were NOT THAT EFFECTIVE

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If you think his production warrants being paid $12 million a year, well, suit yourself.

I’d rather invest heavily in the OL with the available cap space and grab one of the top receivers in Round 1.

1 catch 1 TD is high production. Cant throw himself the ball.

You wanting to go with a rook and use the $ for sound OL...   that strategy has merit.  

Someone else posted...   16 gamed w/ Sam 8TD, 9XX yds...   

The top Wrs may be gone, depending on where we draft and such....

fwiw, Chrebet had 18 TD in his first 4 yrs, Robby has 18 TD so far...

Robby TD/catch % is %10

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby's value is tied directly to whether we can significantly improve the Offensive Line this offseason.  No time to throw = little production for Anderson.  

That's not a guy you spend $12M on when you need at least 4 new starting OL.  

like i said, i see merit in that strategy...  but it is not w/o risk...   we dont have alot of explosiveness in this offense....

so far...  if the OL can play at the level it has been for the last several weeks, 
we will have more data with which to make that decision...   i very much understand the
"dont pay him cos his doesnt suck and hes a jet" angle....

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Chrebet was also 5’9 and primarily a slot receiver at a time when 3+ WR formations were a helluva lot less prevalent than they are now.

Robby is 6’3 and has been a starting outside receiver on this team for the majority of the last 3 years.

This WR class is even better than the 2014 class.

Even if we’re out of position for Jeudy or Lamb, there are still guys like Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs, and Laviska Shenault who are all 1st round worthy.

I’d personally re-sign guys like Beachum and Jenkins and then use the bulk of what’s left over to make a hard push for guys like Brandon Scherff and Joe Thuney. Even if you just stick with Harrison at center, that’s a vast improvement to the interior OL.

I get it. And I know that #80 is a different animal...   FD possession type. But getting TDs is huge. We need TDs.

anyway...  I have said it several times now, I get your perspective, I am not entirely against it...

it's actually one of the more gray area decisions. ejecting, D Lee and Leo were no brainers.

RA is a an UDFA, not like we're looking at paying Leo Williams who was picked #6 overall..

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Robby being an UDFA has zero bearing on what he’ll be asking for on his 2nd contract.

Again, Tyrell Williams (another UDFA) and the Raiders set the benchmark last offseason on what Robby is going to be seeking. Between $11-12 million a year.

I’m not saying that I’m deadset against giving it to him. But it certainly isn’t cut and dry. Especially when we have holes all over the OL and at EDGE, CB, etc with a finite amount of money to work with.

Reasonable. I get it. 

On 11/25/2019 at 6:26 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

4th WR?  Love him or hate him, he's much better than a 4th WR.  He's at worst a very high end(absolute tip top) 3rd wide out.  At best he's a servicable 2nd WR.

been calling him a wr2/wr3 hybrid for a while now...

you could be paying a 5'10" 185 lb brandin cooks 16.8 million next year ...who ......

29/434 and 1td so far this year...

\

21 hours ago, Philc1 said:

How much if that is Goff getting exposed tho

s also true. my point is that cooks was inflated by playing w/ 2 hof qbs and got paid.

not advocating that pay for ra. 

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Sportrac has his market value at 4 years $47 million dollars. This is comparable to Tyrell Williams deal last year. 

I’m still on the fence about him mostly because I still don’t feel Darnold’s deep ball is good enough to take advantage of Robby’s main skill. Plus in Gase’s offense, Crowder is a good second option. 

What I would like to see. 3 years $30 million. This gives Robby the chance at a second contract if he lives up to the potential. For the Jets, it reduces risk and also frees up cash if we need to make room for Darnold’s eventual contract.  

bla bla bla was saying that he was in teh 9-12 range i think...

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's a complementary one dimensional player, but a dynamic one who can make plays in the right situation.

He wouldnt caught 7 for 101 if that were true...  majority crossing routes...

he IS LIMITED... doesnt have the come back for the ball physicality...

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Does that make him worth $10M per season?  Or is that more of a reflection of our lack of investment (aside from an ill-advised contract to Enunwa) in the WR position over the last several seasons?

Looks like RA has his own ideas...

Um just tryna take it da Top I know where I belong I ain’t gone stop grindin till I’m past there

🙏🏽
5:08 AM · Dec 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I fail to see how Robby's tweet has anything to do with what I stated.  

You are guessing/wondering what the Jets may or may not pay him. At least that's what I got outta that.

I infer from his tweet that he's looking past the Jets already...making "what will the Jets be willing to pay RA" moot.

Seems like its more like it will be other NFL teams estimating his worth and offering him a contract.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is the only guy who showed up yesterday.  And if he qb didnt underthrow him, he beat his man bad and was wide open for an easy td.

i will paste names of wrs with lower dvoa thna the reviled robby

image.png.188160fb6f9b78d47a01e5ba96b87401.png

By the way...   Jamison Crowder??  pffft

-14.2% DVOA

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company