Greenbloodblitz

Robert Steven Anderson is worth what!?

On 11/25/2019 at 1:22 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

We didn't win on that trade. His value was more than that if the Jets - Gase - didn't act like he was damaged goods they wanted no part of. Plus they could have waited for someone else to sustain an ILB injury of their own. How he's played on KC is hindsight that was not available. 

I was never a big Darron Lee fan - starting with our far greater needs when he was drafted - but the day he was traded he was a fast, young player with a recent 1st round pedigree, 3 years starting experience, and a very cheap contract. His $1.8MM remaining on his rookie deal was cheap even for a veteran backup player with little to no upside. May 15th - before the coach even coached him for one hit on the field - was a silly time to take a bargain deal. We weren't desperate for his roster spot at that time, nor were we desperate for his <$2MM in cap room. The domino effect of that move - the injuries to Williamson & Mosely - only make it sting more.

It was a waist-down move, not a neck-up move.

Darron Lee was a complete waste and Gase made a statement to the team by trading him for a lower pick than Macc held out for, I think Gase would have cut him if he couldn't get even a 7th round pick. Getting rid of Macc's garbage as soon as possible sets the tone for the remainder of Macc's picks - produce or you'll hit the road.

18 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That was the goal. It was dumb to do with a player he hasn’t coached yet. What was the rush?  It just looked like it was the planned dump it was rather than the “statement” that comes from benching or cutting a player who’s doing poorly on the field or is acting like a distraction off it. As it turns out there’s every likelihood keeping him as a cheap backup may have prevented the injuries to two other starting ILBs in Aug and Sept. 

Gase did coach against Lee twice a year and had some idea of his level of talent. I don't miss Lee at all, watching him get pushed around like a high school player.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company