Robert Steven Anderson is worth what!?

Sportrac has his market value at 4 years $47 million dollars. This is comparable to Tyrell Williams deal last year. 

I’m still on the fence about him mostly because I still don’t feel Darnold’s deep ball is good enough to take advantage of Robby’s main skill. Plus in Gase’s offense, Crowder is a good second option. 

What I would like to see. 3 years $30 million. This gives Robby the chance at a second contract if he lives up to the potential. For the Jets, it reduces risk and also frees up cash if we need to make room for Darnold’s eventual contract.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2019 at 1:22 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

We didn't win on that trade. His value was more than that if the Jets - Gase - didn't act like he was damaged goods they wanted no part of. Plus they could have waited for someone else to sustain an ILB injury of their own. How he's played on KC is hindsight that was not available. 

I was never a big Darron Lee fan - starting with our far greater needs when he was drafted - but the day he was traded he was a fast, young player with a recent 1st round pedigree, 3 years starting experience, and a very cheap contract. His $1.8MM remaining on his rookie deal was cheap even for a veteran backup player with little to no upside. May 15th - before the coach even coached him for one hit on the field - was a silly time to take a bargain deal. We weren't desperate for his roster spot at that time, nor were we desperate for his <$2MM in cap room. The domino effect of that move - the injuries to Williamson & Mosely - only make it sting more.

It was a waist-down move, not a neck-up move.

Darron Lee was a complete waste and Gase made a statement to the team by trading him for a lower pick than Macc held out for, I think Gase would have cut him if he couldn't get even a 7th round pick. Getting rid of Macc's garbage as soon as possible sets the tone for the remainder of Macc's picks - produce or you'll hit the road.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Sportrac has his market value at 4 years $47 million dollars. This is comparable to Tyrell Williams deal last year. 

I’m still on the fence about him mostly because I still don’t feel Darnold’s deep ball is good enough to take advantage of Robby’s main skill. Plus in Gase’s offense, Crowder is a good second option. 

What I would like to see. 3 years $30 million. This gives Robby the chance at a second contract if he lives up to the potential. For the Jets, it reduces risk and also frees up cash if we need to make room for Darnold’s eventual contract.  

He’s going to get what Tyrell Williams got but slightly more

6 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Darron Lee was a complete waste and Gase made a statement to the team by trading him for a lower pick than Macc held out for, I think Gase would have cut him if he couldn't get even a 7th round pick. Getting rid of Macc's garbage as soon as possible sets the tone for the remainder of Macc's picks - produce or you'll hit the road.

That was the goal. It was dumb to do with a player he hasn’t coached yet. What was the rush?  It just looked like it was the planned dump it was rather than the “statement” that comes from benching or cutting a player who’s doing poorly on the field or is acting like a distraction off it. As it turns out there’s every likelihood keeping him as a cheap backup may have prevented the injuries to two other starting ILBs in Aug and Sept. 

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

bla bla bla was saying that he was in teh 9-12 range i think...

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

bla bla bla was saying that he was in teh 9-12 range i think...

Seems about right. If we had a young D Thomas across from him with Crowder in the slot, that would be a really good receiving group. Got to get that number 1 guy. OL comes first though. 

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's a complementary one dimensional player, but a dynamic one who can make plays in the right situation.

He wouldnt caught 7 for 101 if that were true...  majority crossing routes...

he IS LIMITED... doesnt have the come back for the ball physicality...

On 11/24/2019 at 11:23 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Robby is an enigma!  Plain and simple. One week he looks like a wr1 or wr2.. the next week he disappears? He makes great plays and jumps into the stands.. then he hardly tries to catch contested balls over the middle?  Then he makes circus catches.. will The Real Slim Shady please stand up!?  He can speak eloquently  certain interviews, then acts like a complete dope and makes boneheaded plays on the field for costly penalties?

Is he a 1, 2  ,or  3 !!??  should we give him 8 million, 12 million, 16 million? I honestly just don't know.  I'm asking you my brethren for your honest and serious opinion. I'm sure if he leaves he'll get more than we will offer him. So how much is he actually worth?

I admit I have warmed up to this guy and I'm wishing him well and I'd like to keep Robby, I just need to see more stability. However his body of work thus far says what???

It says, "no". 

18 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That was the goal. It was dumb to do with a player he hasn’t coached yet. What was the rush?  It just looked like it was the planned dump it was rather than the “statement” that comes from benching or cutting a player who’s doing poorly on the field or is acting like a distraction off it. As it turns out there’s every likelihood keeping him as a cheap backup may have prevented the injuries to two other starting ILBs in Aug and Sept. 

Gase did coach against Lee twice a year and had some idea of his level of talent. I don't miss Lee at all, watching him get pushed around like a high school player.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Gase did coach against Lee twice a year and had some idea of his level of talent. I don't miss Lee at all, watching him get pushed around like a high school player.

Come on. He wasn't cut for his talent level. He was starting for 3 years and was just coming off his strongest year, including the glorious PFF ranking that had him top 20 for most or all of the year (top 5-10 in Sept). Before the Jets signed Mosely, there were hardly any Jets fans - who'd seen Lee play more than Gase had - calling for the team to get him off the roster no matter what. Let alone while the preseason roster was sitting comfortably at 90 for another 100+ days (including all of training camp). They kept camp fodder UDFAs over him, for a 2020 (expected) late 6th rounder, which carries the current-season value of a late 7th rounder -- essentially a rounding error in trades. 

It's ridiculous to suggest that each sub-practice-squad type they're bringing into camp is presumed superior to Lee. That's simply absurd and is trying to make the end fit the means in hindsight because we want to believe the best about Jets we're tied to for a good while longer (namely Gase). Never mind Gase doesn't even coach the defense in the first place. This was a "message" move, and sending a message before you've coached him is a message for which no teammate will feel the sting while they're not even with the team in May.

If, of all things Gase wanted, it was to send a "you're not cutting it" message? Then make an example of Lee by cutting him while everyone on the roster is watching closely: after he has a weak practice (or a weak week of practices or a weak preseason game, or something visibly for cause). THEN let them see that the new coaches just want to get rid of him even if we don't get anything of significance in return. Lee's value wasn't going to get any lower than the compensation received - the trade value of a Chiefs 7th round pick in 2019 - unless he got seriously injured, and honestly his value could have easily gotten higher with reports of having a great camp but we're so crowded at the position we just don't need him more than a mid-round pick a season later. Never mind waiting until his value goes up after a starting ILB gets injured over the summer. 

It was foolishness done by a person who, whatever his other strengths might be, has no business being a front office negotiator. What was the rush to move him before Douglas was hired? Worries over getting less than a late 6th round pick 49 weeks later? Come on.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Does that make him worth $10M per season?  Or is that more of a reflection of our lack of investment (aside from an ill-advised contract to Enunwa) in the WR position over the last several seasons?

Looks like RA has his own ideas...

Um just tryna take it da Top I know where I belong I ain’t gone stop grindin till I’m past there

??
5:08 AM · Dec 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I fail to see how Robby's tweet has anything to do with what I stated.  

You are guessing/wondering what the Jets may or may not pay him. At least that's what I got outta that.

I infer from his tweet that he's looking past the Jets already...making "what will the Jets be willing to pay RA" moot.

Seems like its more like it will be other NFL teams estimating his worth and offering him a contract.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

You are guessing/wondering what the Jets may or may not pay him. At least that's what I got outta that.

I infer from his tweet that he's looking past the Jets already...making "what will the Jets be willing to pay RA" moot.

Seems like its more like it will be other NFL teams estimating his worth and offering him a contract.

Fine by me.  Let him test the market and see what's out there.  If he gets a big deal maybe Douglas can play the Compensatory Pick game and cobble together a roster without signing UFA's.  

On 11/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Do you guys understand how football works???  Robby did the heavy lifting today.  

Last week it was crowder and griffin.

There is only 1 football to go around.  We are taking what the d gives us.  For the last few weeks they have been giving us crowder and griffin.  

Today they focused on those two and it was robbys turn to have a big day.

Has nothing to do with the obvious need to have more of a reliable route runner in the offense to complement Robbie.  Its not how good football works, good football team have a balanced offense that can be counted on from week to week.  Football doesn't work the way you describe it.  

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine by me.  Let him test the market and see what's out there.  If he gets a big deal maybe Douglas can play the Compensatory Pick game and cobble together a roster without signing UFA's.  

We'll have a ton of cap space and a lot of holes to fill.  Douglas has already said he's going to use FA and the draft to fill those holes.  

We're not getting comp picks or Robbie

18 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Looks like RA has his own ideas...

Um just tryna take it da Top I know where I belong I ain’t gone stop grindin till I’m past there

??
5:08 AM · Dec 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Sounds like he's talking about where he belongs in the pecking order of the NFL, that he won't stop until he gets to where he thinks he belongs, not that he belongs somewhere else playing.  

you know robbie got some grief for not making that catch against the bungles.  yes he should have caught it and yes the ball was underthrown.  but he also caught 7 of the 10 passes thrown his way and has shown the ability to fight for the ball.  maybe not a number 1 but the jets could do a lot worse for their no. 2 guy.  and all of this is coming from a receiver who has had to work with 5 different qb's and an oline that isn't the qb enough time to throw deep.

• Upvote 1

Robby Anderson is the best offensive player we have.  Darnold walked into Gases's office demanded he call more plays for the guy and stop calling 2 yard dumpoffs to crowder.  Since then Robby has been awesome.

You do whatever it takes to resign Anderson.  He is darnold favorite weapon and a super talented player.  If Darnold could actually hit him n stride more then 1 out of 10 tries hed have an extra 300 yards receiving and 3 or 4 more tds.

• Upvote 1